Welcome Stav Mahmani

You believe a journalist. Like politicians there all liars. As I said when the dotted line is signed then believe

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Well, you do what you want. Scott Burns has been correct about Saints transfers for years.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

I am disappointed that the club has taken on loan a player from the apartheid state of Israel whose treatment of Palestinians is illegal under international law.  Israel's brutality has been ignored and effectively supported by the West which displays their double standards when compared with Russia's invasion of Ukraine which is exactly similar to Israel's illegal occupation of the Palestinian territories which the main stream media barely mentions, in particular, the BBC.  

Within the context of football, FIFA and the UEFA have banned Russia's national team and league teams from playing in European and world competitions but allows Israel to participate despite their military repression and having one of the most racist clubs in the world, Beitar Jerusalem who the Israel FA allow them not to sign any Palestinian Arab citizens of Israel...

https://www.haaretz.com/life/books/2022-07-04/ty-article/.premium/inside-beitar-jerusalem-one-of-the-most-racist-soccer-clubs-in-the-world/00000181-c8bc-d2c4-abdb-efbe34ab0000

Apart from the discrimination, Palestinian footballer players have been shot and killed by the IDF (Israeli army) with this incident ending young players' ambition...

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/palestinian-teenagers-shot-feet-by-israeli-soldiers-after-playing-football-calls-fifa-israel-ban-1439183

The accusation of Israel being an apartheid state has been reported by the world's leading human right NGOs, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch including the leading Israeli one, B'tselem who defines their own country as racist...

https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid

So, I don't know the opinion of Stav Mahmani but I hope its not similar to Nir Bitton who tweeted his praise of the IDF.

57 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

I am disappointed that the club has taken on loan a player from the apartheid state of Israel whose treatment of Palestinians is illegal under international law.  Israel's brutality has been ignored and effectively supported by the West which displays their double standards when compared with Russia's invasion of Ukraine which is exactly similar to Israel's illegal occupation of the Palestinian territories which the main stream media barely mentions, in particular, the BBC.  

Within the context of football, FIFA and the UEFA have banned Russia's national team and league teams from playing in European and world competitions but allows Israel to participate despite their military repression and having one of the most racist clubs in the world, Beitar Jerusalem who the Israel FA allow them not to sign any Palestinian Arab citizens of Israel...

https://www.haaretz.com/life/books/2022-07-04/ty-article/.premium/inside-beitar-jerusalem-one-of-the-most-racist-soccer-clubs-in-the-world/00000181-c8bc-d2c4-abdb-efbe34ab0000

Apart from the discrimination, Palestinian footballer players have been shot and killed by the IDF (Israeli army) with this incident ending young players' ambition...

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/palestinian-teenagers-shot-feet-by-israeli-soldiers-after-playing-football-calls-fifa-israel-ban-1439183

The accusation of Israel being an apartheid state has been reported by the world's leading human right NGOs, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch including the leading Israeli one, B'tselem who defines their own country as racist...

So, I don't know the opinion of Stav Mahmani but I hope its not similar to Nir Bitton who tweeted his praise of the IDF.

Seriously?  Get a grip.

33 minutes ago, guinness said:

Seriously?  Get a grip.

If it is ok to question the morality/wisdom of hiring players such as Goodwillie, Leigh Griffiths or our erstwhile own loveable headbanger - Paul McGowan, then I think there’s plenty space to ask similar questions about this lad.

Many Israelis are appalled by the fascism, lack of democracy and oppression of Palestinians by their own forces.  Let’s hope Stav is such an enlightened person.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

If it is ok to question the morality/wisdom of hiring players such as Goodwillie, Leigh Griffiths or our erstwhile own loveable headbanger - Paul McGowan, then I think there’s plenty space to ask similar questions about this lad.

Many Israelis are appalled by the fascism, lack of democracy and oppression of Palestinians by their own forces.  Let’s hope Stav is such an enlightened person.

Jeez when you look at what Britain has done over the centuries , no British player should ever  be allowed a transfer. 

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

Goodwillie, Griffiths and McGowan were hoisted by their own petard. Though I'm not sure the first two were treated completely fairly. I hasten to add that that is only my opinion as neither were found guilty in a criminal trial.

The only thing you have found Mahmani of is being Israeli. 

Shame on you.

Past history is nothing we can do much about.  But in the past it must remain…

So I kinda accept/agree with that, guinness….

…but what we’re looking at with Palestine and sex offenders/thugs is in the present.  Such factors can and should effect our decision-making.

Edited by antrin

Just now, stlucifer said:

Goodwillie, Griffiths and McGowan were hoisted by their own petard. Though I'm not sure the first two were treated completely fairly. I hasten to add that that is only my opinion as neither were found guilty in a criminal trial.

The only thing you have found Mahmani of is being Israeli. 

Shame on you.

Jobby!!!

I haven’t found him guilty of anything.  Please do read posts before you go off on one.

indeed, I particularly suggested that he shouldn’t be pilloried when no one knows his attitude towards the persecution of Palestinians.

Many Israelis are appalled by the fascism, lack of democracy and oppression of Palestinians by their own forces.  Let’s hope Stav is such an enlightened person.”

2 hours ago, Jockmd said:

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Jobby!!!

I haven’t found him guilty of anything.  Please do read posts before you go off on one.

indeed, I particularly suggested that he shouldn’t be pilloried when no one knows his attitude towards the persecution of Palestinians.

Many Israelis are appalled by the fascism, lack of democracy and oppression of Palestinians by their own forces.  Let’s hope Stav is such an enlightened person.”

Firstly. I deliberately DIDN'T say guilty but.

Then why post this?

" I am disappointed that the club has taken on loan a player from the apartheid state of Israel"?

Disgusting attitude prevent an individual to progress because of where they come from.

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Firstly. I deliberately DIDN'T say guilty but.

Then why post this?

" I am disappointed that the club has taken on loan a player from the apartheid state of Israel"?

Disgusting attitude prevent an individual to progress because of where they come from.

Sigh….

I didn’t post that.  :rolleyes:

stay out of the sun.  You’re not handling the heat very well.