Welcome Stav Mahmani

7 hours ago, Jockmd said:

This was stated by Israel during their bombing of Gaza in 2014 when over 500 children were killed. 

There was no rocket attack from the West Bank but...

https://www.nrc.no/news/2023/may/west-bank-israel-must-stop-demolition-of-palestinian-schools/

just how useful was International humanitarian law to the six million jews and five million prisoners of war murdered during ww2, perspective, perhaps?

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

it takes a rather brave; or perhaps stupid person to name the Jewish nation as oppressors, I have no wish to encourage a debate, my point was simply to offer an alternate viewpoint, this is an area where nobody wins and coming down unilaterally on either side does not help defuse the situation.

"I have no wish to encourage a debate"  "...to name the Jewish nation as oppressors,"  Then what's that?

8 hours ago, Jockmd said:

You've just raised a political objection. 

Football has never been up in an apolitical cloud. 

FIFA and UEFA has banned Russia from participating in competitions but allows Israel who has committed the same crimes and worse.

Qatar was pilloried during the World Cup for their treatment of construction workers and the LGBT community.

When nations play each other, nationalism is a prominent feature globally. 

Racism was recognised  recently by players kneeling on the pitch. However, the demands to end it extends beyond football authorities and into parliament where anti-racist legislation is formulated. 

This is about the recognition of the way people are ill-treated. 

valid points and I too in replying don't help, I was trying to keep things independent, not personal...............very difficult with an emotive subject

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

just how useful was International humanitarian law to the six million jews and five million prisoners of war murdered during ww2, perspective, perhaps?

Good that you are continuing the debate.

International humanitarian law is based on the 4th Geneva Convention and I suggest you look at its Article 49 and see how it applies to Israel.

Once upon a time I supported Israel.  Why? Because I read the media which was behind Israel as it is today.  Then I read some history on the issue. 

Jaybee, what we are seeing today is 19th century colonialism here in the 21st where Palestinians are being ethnically cleansed from their homes and land.  The Zionists in 1947-48 pushed out 750,000 Palestinians out of their country so Israel could be established and to ensure they had nothing to come back to, Israel bulldozed over 500 Palestinian villages.  To prevent those refugees from returning home Israel pass in 1954 a law which named them as, 'infiltrators' and many of them were shot and killed as they tried to go home.

Unfortunately, Jaybee, the Palestinians suffered from European anti-Semitism and are still suffering.

1 hour ago, Jockmd said:

Good that you are continuing the debate.

International humanitarian law is based on the 4th Geneva Convention and I suggest you look at its Article 49 and see how it applies to Israel.

Once upon a time I supported Israel.  Why? Because I read the media which was behind Israel as it is today.  Then I read some history on the issue. 

Jaybee, what we are seeing today is 19th century colonialism here in the 21st where Palestinians are being ethnically cleansed from their homes and land.  The Zionists in 1947-48 pushed out 750,000 Palestinians out of their country so Israel could be established and to ensure they had nothing to come back to, Israel bulldozed over 500 Palestinian villages.  To prevent those refugees from returning home Israel pass in 1954 a law which named them as, 'infiltrators' and many of them were shot and killed as they tried to go home.

Unfortunately, Jaybee, the Palestinians suffered from European anti-Semitism and are still suffering.

I’d just like to say again, Welcome aboard Stav . 🙄

I think there’s little value in judging the new lad, when we know so little about him.

I heard he's a Sevco supporter.

coming down unilaterally on either side does not help defuse the situation.

Should just blame it all on Cheesy.

On 6/29/2023 at 3:26 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Welcome on board young man . 👍 I wish you great success .

His flight has just arrived at Glasgow Airport  ✈️ 

IMG_2703.jpeg

Ha ha ha, Airplane.  Almost as good as Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.  I bought some real estate next to the wall, the good side!

15 hours ago, jaybee said:

it takes a rather brave; or perhaps stupid person to name the Jewish nation as oppressors, I have no wish to encourage a debate, my point was simply to offer an alternate viewpoint, this is an area where nobody wins and coming down unilaterally on either side does not help defuse the situation.

Well…you are the sole poster to out yourself as bravely stupid.

I specifically said that many Israeli Jewish people feel the same disgust, about the way that Palestinians are treated, as I do.

I specifically also ascribed the blame of the terrible, racist, anti-Palestine abuses to the fanatical Zionists in Israel that currently are in power.  Unfortunately, in that benighted land, they are right wingers.  

THEY are not the “Jewish nation”.

I give you an analogy to help your understanding:

It would take a stupid person to name the Scottish nation as ardent Brexiteers.

Some Scots were, others not so keen.  The nation, as a whole, wasn’t.

(I presume that you were…)

Edited by antrin
Clumsy rhetoric

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

@antrin

Please take your political views elsewhere in the forum. 

Thank you.

You are misjudging the wrong poster.  If you’d bothered to read the thread, you’d have understood that.

My posts were intended to do just what you wish.  To concentrate on the player.

Jaybee’s the one taking it off topic for me, by making false political assertions, that I had to correct.

5 hours ago, antrin said:

Well…you are the sole poster to out yourself as bravely stupid.

I specifically said that many Israeli Jewish people feel the same disgust, about the way that Palestinians are treated, as I do.

I specifically also ascribed the blame of the terrible, racist, anti-Palestine abuses to the fanatical Zionists in Israel that currently are in power.  Unfortunately, in that benighted land, they are right wingers.  

THEY are not the “Jewish nation”.

I give you an analogy to help your understanding:

It would take a stupid person to name the Scottish nation as ardent Brexiteers.

Some Scots were, others not so keen.  The nation, as a whole, wasn’t.

(I presume that you were…)

Your analogy doesn't work in this instance.

There wasn't a coup in Israel though. The right wing won an election which indicates that many, if not the majority, of the Jewish people  support their opinions and tactics.

Legislative elections were held in Israel on 1 November 2022 to elect the 120 members of the 25th Knesset. The results saw the right-wing national camp of former prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu win a parliamentary majority, amid losses for left-wing and Arab parties, as well as gains by the far right.