Welcome Connor

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This fella is fast becoming the exception to the idea that Robinson makes great signing decisions. 

We’ve all been saying he’s been off it for weeks, but for me on Tuesday he was one of, if not the worst of our players. He looked completely bereft of ability, energy (despite only playing 2/3 of the match) and more worryingly, interest. 

Needs properly benched for a while. The fact that we spent (by our standards) serious cash on him, just adds to the focus on him and consequently, expectations. 

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This fella is fast becoming the exception to the idea that Robinson makes great signing decisions. 

We’ve all been saying he’s been off it for weeks, but for me on Tuesday he was one of, if not the worst of our players. He looked completely bereft of ability, energy (despite only playing 2/3 of the match) and more worryingly, interest. 

Needs properly benched for a while. The fact that we spent (by our standards) serious cash on him, just adds to the focus on him and consequently, expectations. 

We're playing him on the wrong side, for starters. He received great acclaim for his performance against Denmark.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What was worse was that when Flynn got injured Robinson was screaming at him to get in quickly and stripped, McMenamin just strolled towards the dugout which resulted in more screaming from Robinson.....he then half-jogged and half-walked his way up the touchline looking like he couldn't be arsed. 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

We're playing him on the wrong side, for starters. He received great acclaim for his performance against Denmark.

I’m not sure what you mean by wrong side.

We play him on the right which could be considered the “wrong” side for a left footed player, but that is exactly where he’s played in most of his NI appearances and where he played with Glentoran. We also know that it is common for left footed players to play on the right and vice versa.

As for the Denmark game, he played on the left, but only played for 12 minutes, so despite getting a good assist I’m struggling to see how he could’ve achieved “great acclaim”.

Either way, on Wednesday night he played on both the right and the left for us and was equally shite in both positions.  

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2