This forum……….

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

……….. is f**kin dead these days.

Sometimes just a couple of posts a day (well on the football related stuff anyway). I’ve found myself drifting more and more over to P&B as there’s just much more activity.

Shame, this was a once brilliant site. 😩

It's just not worth the grief. Bully boy owns it and just trawls the forum looking for people to abuse! 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sometimes just a couple of posts a day (well on the football related stuff anyway). I’ve found myself drifting more and more over to P&B as there’s just much more activity.

It's always tailed off in the close season, although it has been quiet recently. 

Been discussed to death over the years, people move to other platfirns etc. 

As for the fud above, that just sums up his contribution, nothing. 🙄

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

It's just not worth the grief. Bully boy owns it and just trawls the forum looking for people to abuse! 

Well you’ve come onto this thread abusing him before he’s even appeared so what does that say about you?

FS (I assume that’s who you’re talking about as you seem quite obsessed by him) can be a contrary, argumentative and piss taking f**ker there is no doubt, but he’s far from the reason this forum has gone down the pan. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well you’ve come onto this thread abusing him before he’s even appeared so what does that say about you?

FS (I assume that’s who you’re talking about as you seem quite obsessed by him) can be a contrary, argumentative and piss taking f**ker there is no doubt, but he’s far from the reason this forum has gone down the pan. 

He’s not wrong, though…

That’s the sole reason I seldom contribute these days.

Beyond the simplistic nastiness, all that  fartaway posts are reams of emoticons and immature one-line banalities.

It used to be good and have decent posters but the forum is polluted with absolute shite now from people with multiple alias.

Pie and bovril is far better.

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

He’s not wrong, though…

Beyond the simplistic nastiness, all that  fartaway posts are reams of emoticons and immature one-line banalities.

For me this is just a football forum which is (barring a handful of folk I know) full of faceless usernames.

I make a point of not taking disagreements seriously or harbouring grudges. I’ve had run ins with most folk on here (Faraway included) in the past, but it’s water off a duck’s back to me. There does seem to be a lot of very entrenched views of people on here that folk don’t seem able to let go. 
All a bit silly really. 

47 minutes ago, antrin said:

He’s not wrong, though…

It's a football forum. 

You, thankfully, are a relic of the past when you, and another couple of pseudo intellectuals, ran around and, ironically, ridiculed anyone who you deemed not up to your pathetic standards. 

Sad, but true. 🙄

Apart from that simply being both bollocks and a lie, Top Marks for the blizzard of commas you managed to overload into a single sentence!

“You, thankfully, are a relic of the past when you, and another couple of pseudo intellectuals, ran around and, ironically, ridiculed anyone who you deemed not up to your pathetic standards.”

SIX!

And here’s a pointless emoticon to pacify you -  😂

There’s nothing pseudo or difficult in being brighter than fartaway but of course he can’t understand that.

There’s nothing intellectual about communicating effectively.  It’s both respecting readers and not presenting glaring errors and/or clumsy English (or Scots) as being normal.

It would be good if lots more young Buddies could become successful writers like John Byrne, Steven Moffat or Chris Brookmyre.

emoticon emoticon emoticon

14 minutes ago, antrin said:

There’s nothing pseudo or difficult in being brighter than fartaway but of course he can’t understand that.

There’s nothing intellectual about communicating effectively.  It’s both respecting readers and not presenting glaring errors and/or clumsy English (or Scots) as being normal.

It would be good if lots more young Buddies could become successful writers like John Byrne, Steven Moffat or Chris Brookmyre.

emoticon emoticon emoticon

There are times and places when/where failings in grammar, spelling and punctuation matter a great deal and are worthy of exposing. 
I’d suggest a fitba forum isnae one of them. 
Unless of course someone says “would of” instead of “would’ve” or “would have”. In which case it’s open season. 🤣🤣

There are times and places when/where failings in grammar, spelling and punctuation matter a great deal and are worthy of exposing. 
Unless of course someone says “would of” instead of “would’ve” or “would have”. In which case it’s open season. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

I should of thought of that.

Unless of course someone says “would of” instead of “would’ve” or “would have”. In which case it’s open season. 🤣🤣

I’d suggest that’s a moot point.

Unless of course someone says “would of” instead of “would’ve” or “would have”. In which case it’s open season. [emoji1787][emoji1787]
The main issues are that some folk on here

1. double down on their grammatical errors which change the meaning of their post, instead of just accepting that they made an error and explaining what they actually meant - often accompanied by "pedantic" accusations, and

2. accuse others of saying something they didn't because the accuser doesn't understand, or themself use, basic punctuation.

It's usually the same folk that do both.

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:

The main issues are that some folk on here

1. double down on their grammatical errors which change the meaning of their post, instead of just accepting that they made an error and explaining what they actually meant - often accompanied by "pedantic" accusations, and

2. accuse others of saying something they didn't because the accuser doesn't understand, or themself use, basic punctuation.

It's usually the same folk that do both.

The main issues...............................aye, that's exactly the problem. :lol:

The main issues...............................aye, that's exactly the problem. [emoji38]
I was replying to a post about grammatical failings so, aye.

I wonder if you're going to double down. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

3 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I was replying to a post about grammatical failings so, aye.

I wonder if you're going to double down. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

I can see hunners of people agreeing on your hilarious point.  

Got to quote it again, made me splutter my tea..............The main issues are that some folk on here :lol:

Thanks, what a laugh. :thumbs2

Personally I see the forum as a bit of a laugh and a chance to converse with fellow buddies, off season, unless there is anything interesting happening, it tends to be quiet, after this weekend we'll be able to get back to celebrating/castigating, the manager, players, officials or opposition as appropriate. That is until someone takes it off topic and argues pointlessly for 10 pages before the next matchday thread.

Personally I see the forum as a bit of a laugh and a chance to converse with fellow buddies, off season, unless there is anything interesting happening, it tends to be quiet, after this weekend we'll be able to get back to celebrating/castigating, the manager, players, officials or opposition as appropriate. That is until someone takes it off topic and argues pointlessly for 10 pages before the next matchday thread.

Who would ever do a thing like that? [emoji16]