This forum……….

I can see hunners of people agreeing on your hilarious point.  
Got to quote it again, made me splutter my tea..............The main issues are that some folk on here [emoji38]

Thanks, what a laugh. :thumbs2

Ok then, what, in your opinion, is/are the main issue(s) regarding grammatical errors in posts on this forum?

WGAF.........................[emoji38]
It's a fitba forum, get over yourself, although that, I fear, is impossible. :byebye
It would have been easier for you to say "I don't know".

I must say though, it's not like you to try to ridicule another's post without having any point to make yourself.

Sorry, did I say "not"? Oops, silly me. [emoji23]

23 minutes ago, Slarti said:

That is until someone takes it off topic and argues pointlessly for 10 pages 

Who would ever do a thing like that? emoji16.png

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:

It would have been easier for you to say "I don't know".

I must say though, it's not like you to try to ridicule another's post without having any point to make yourself.

Sorry, did I say "not"? Oops, silly me. emoji23.png

Aye, see ye. :lol:

1 hour ago, Slarti said:

The main issues are that some folk on here

1. double down on their grammatical errors which change the meaning of their post, instead of just accepting that they made an error and explaining what they actually meant - often accompanied by "pedantic" accusations, and

2. accuse others of saying something they didn't because the accuser doesn't understand, or themself use, basic punctuation.

It's usually the same folk that do both.

IMG_20230710_134613.jpg

P&B has been pretty quiet as well

I think the thing with P&B is that all the Saints chat is mainly concentrated into one big thread which means it’s easier for folk to follow, reply, etc. The chat is split on different forums and threads on here. You also have opposition fans on P&B to banter with.

Match day threads usually generate the most chat though and with no meaningful matches, it means things are quieter. And, as with the main thread, match day threads on P&B will involve opposition fans which will generate more traffic, posts, arguments, banter, etc.

The best thing about P&B of course is that @faraway saint doesn’t frequent it 😜

Edited by Sue Denim

7 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

P&B has been pretty quiet as well

I think the thing with P&B is that all the Saints chat is mainly concentrated into one big thread which means it’s easier for folk to follow, reply, etc. The chat is split on different forums and threads on here. You also have opposition fans on P&B to banter with.

Match day threads usually generate the most chat though and with no meaningful matches, it means things are quieter. And, as with the main thread, match day threads on P&B will involve opposition fans which will generate more traffic, posts, arguments, banter, etc.

The best thing about P&B of course is that @faraway saint doesn’t frequent it 😜

Aye, close season has, traditionally, been quiet.

As you say, with next to no fitba that takes care of the most popular threads.

I did use P&B but found it exceedingly boring, mainly down to your annual change of aliases spamming up every thread. :lol:

The forum has died a death due to a few who spend more energy trying to prove everyone else is wrong when there should be a bit of introspection from them.

If fartaway managed to chase every other poster from the forum with his sh!te he'd still try to prove whoever was left was an idiot.

The difference is, he'd then be right.

28 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

managed to chase every other poster from the forum with his sh!te he'd still try to prove whoever was left was an idiot.

The difference is, he'd then be right.

Irony. 🙄

What narrow minded saddos like you fail to understand is that just because you're easily upset far more people are ok with my posts. 

Edited by faraway saint

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, close season has, traditionally, been quiet.

As you say, with next to no fitba that takes care of the most popular threads.

I did use P&B but found it exceedingly boring, mainly down to your annual change of aliases spamming up every thread. :lol:

I’ve hardly posted on it for years. Just started back posting after div reset my password for the main alias I used to use on there! 

On 7/11/2023 at 11:12 AM, antrin said:

He’s not wrong, though…

That’s the sole reason I seldom contribute these days.

Beyond the simplistic nastiness, all that  fartaway posts are reams of emoticons and immature one-line banalities.

The Forum is what we make it.

Some add to it and some detract from it.

Self delusion can be a dreadful affliction 

Bring on the Football

On 7/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

There are times and places when/where failings in grammar, spelling and punctuation matter a great deal and are worthy of exposing. 
I’d suggest a fitba forum isnae one of them. 
Unless of course someone says “would of” instead of “would’ve” or “would have”. In which case it’s open season. 🤣🤣

I better get back to school then.. was hopeless at English 

On 7/11/2023 at 9:53 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well you’ve come onto this thread abusing him before he’s even appeared so what does that say about you?

FS (I assume that’s who you’re talking about as you seem quite obsessed by him) can be a contrary, argumentative and piss taking f**ker there is no doubt, but he’s far from the reason this forum has gone down the pan. 

I disagree that I was abusing him. Merely pointing out his "contribution".

As for those who say it is tit for tat, absolutely not.

Bully boy has has a snipe at me three or four times recently with no provocation whatsoever.

I refused to take the bait.

So again, I say that posting on here is really not worth it these days when someone is constantly lurking, looking to dish out abuse without provocation. 

The playground is his. 

Edited by BuddieinEK

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I disagree that I was abusing him. Merely pointing out his "contribution".

As for those who say it is tit for tat, absolutely not.

Bully boy has has a snipe at me three or four times recently with no provocation whatsoever.

I refused to take the bait.

So again, I say that posting on here is really not worth it these days when someone is constantly lurking, looking to dish out abuse without provocation. 

The playground is his. 

Boo hoo. 🤣🤣🤣

What a cry baby. 🙄

Oh, by the way, remember about a month or so ago, a Sunday, you rattled off abusive post after abusive post.

Aye, you're a poor victim.  🤡

Edited by faraway saint

Going by the posts so far, there are a few individuals that are ever so slightly obsessed with one particular poster who seems to live in their heads.

My advice is to get out more.:)

Edited by FTOF

I like the forum, it's got a little bit of everything. The history buff who can tell me the sock colour on the 1982/3 away strip. The know it all f**ker/s that as described think they know it all. The gamblers, couple of good tips have come in. The wankers, problem here is everyone thinks everyone else is one and not them and the other 3 folk who just like talking about something every now and again to take a break from the wife 👍