Cowdenbeath v St Mirren, Tue 25th July

Absolute shocking performance. I was in the main stand, and people were laughing at us. Playing against guys who were at there work all day and still had more energy than these prima donnas. There's at least 4 players in that team who are no where good enough. But well done to Luke Kenny and Lewis Jamieson [emoji122] especially the latter who had a decent game when he came on.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

I thought the energy and urgency of the front players improved with the addition of the subs, especially jamieson and Grieve.  The goal was taken well considering that Olusanya was like a coo wi' a gun up to that point

Positioning and movement were our problems, the midfield didn't cover themselves in glory and just passed into space for the first hour and that wasn't helped by the fact that none of the forwards were working hard enough to shake their markers or link up with each other.

Grieve did well, but it's a worry that it took him to make our front line look organised or capable.

There is no excuse for us not winning the physical battle early on, they competed man-to-man with us right up until around 50 minutes.  After that it was the subs and fitness that saved us

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Absolute shocking performance. I was in the main stand, and people were laughing at us. Playing against guys who were at there work all day and still had more energy than these prima donnas. There's at least 4 players in that team who are no where good enough. But well done to Luke Kenny and Lewis Jamieson emoji122.png especially the latter who had a decent game when he came on.

Boo fucking hoo!

Who gives a flying f**k about fans of a club a few tiers below us having a well deserved laugh? Were they laughing when we achieved top six last season?

So we were shite last night, just like we were at the start of last season, and no doubt will be too at some point during this season. It's part and parcel of supporting a club like ours.

They are way more good things happening at this club just now than bad.

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Boo fucking hoo!

Who gives a flying f**k about fans of a club a few tiers below us having a well deserved laugh? Were they laughing when we achieved top six last season?

So we were shite last night, just like we were at the start of last season, and no doubt will be too at some point during this season. It's part and parcel of supporting a club like ours.

They are way more good things happening at this club just now than bad.

Much as i disagree with most of Gary's posts, he is not far wrong and I don't understand you having a pop.

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Much as i disagree with most of Gary's posts, he is not far wrong and I don't understand you having a pop.

@FTOF's post was needlessly abrasive, but I can see his point, too. I didn't see the game, so I cannot comment on how well we played, but it sounds like their keeper played extremely well and, as a team, they raised their game, which is only to be expected. I agree with Robbo, we were on a hiding to nothing - these ties are a potential banana skin, just consider the Aberdeen game v Darvel. 

Personally, I'm just relieved that we got the goal and won the game. We are still early in the season, and I think it's commendable that we ground out the result. Was it the best of performances? Probably not, but we won the game. I don't think we should be too hard on the team.

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

@FTOF's post was needlessly abrasive, but I can see his point, too. I didn't see the game, so I cannot comment on how well we played, but it sounds like their keeper played extremely well and, as a team, they raised their game, which is only to be expected. I agree with Robbo, we were on a hiding to nothing - these ties are a potential banana skin, just consider the Aberdeen game v Darvel. 

Personally, I'm just relieved that we got the goal and won the game. We are still early in the season, and I think it's commendable that we ground out the result. Was it the best of performances? Probably not, but we won the game. I don't think we should be too hard on the team.

Thanks.

I didn't think my post was that difficult to understand.

Needlessly abrasive? Pfffft. When you read the same old shite from the same posters every year..........................:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Absolute shocking performance. I was in the main stand, and people were laughing at us. Playing against guys who were at there work all day and still had more energy than these prima donnas. There's at least 4 players in that team who are no where good enough. But well done to Luke Kenny and Lewis Jamieson emoji122.png especially the latter who had a decent game when he came on.

Were they laughing in the 94th minute?