St Mirren v Motherwell Scottish League Cup 19th August 2023

shull

6 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Good performance. Motherwell badly troubled us. And a goal. Ball hitcyhe back of yhevnet a flash. Some stand out performances today. Gogic as usual. But got to say Richard was outstanding. Collum as usual was totally useless. Coys

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Where to start......................:1eye

Our pressing off the ball yesterday was best we’ve been all season - never gave Well players any time on the ball. There were a few slack passes from us and we did drop off a bit in the second half however we won almost every 50/50 and second ball. Richard Taylor and Gogic were solid at the back and Hemming is getting better every week. We’ve not had a keeper willing to come off his line and take a cross ball for a long time and that save second half was top drawer.

You can see that the players are all fighting for each other and we now have competition for places which can only be good. Robbo is doing a fantastic job and bring on the draw today for the last 8. 

16 hours ago, munoz said:

No point really just now. If we can sell out the home end regularly, then we should be looking at that. Spend on the team first and hopefully the need for more seats will increase with winning games( and cups) .

To seriously and regularly compete at the next level we would need the income that a 14000 seater stadium and 10000 season ticket sales would bring as well as better development of the non-footballing facilities.  .

16 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Think we need the corners filled and another tier on the main stand...  take us up to 10k capacity

when it comes to adding extra tiers to the main stand, would be the least cost-effective option when you consider the take-down costs that would be necessary and the closeness of the main road.  there is space to add an extra tier to the west stand as almost a stand-alone structure with only the removal of the existing roof and the cropping of the girders needed, the west side  would also be the limit of corner-filling as it could all be done at the same time

18 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

To seriously and regularly compete at the next level we would need the income that a 14000 seater stadium and 10000 season ticket sales would bring as well as better development of the non-footballing facilities.  .

Given the amount of relegations Hibs and Hearts have had in the last 25 years, this isn't a given.

51 minutes ago, munoz said:

Given the amount of relegations Hibs and Hearts have had in the last 25 years, this isn't a given.

No more than us and for substantially less league 1 time.  Much as i enjoyed the covid relegation, Hearts would have most likely stayed up if they had finished the 2019-20 season.

Given the current financial positions, I think we have eventually established a pecking order in the SPFL that will take a big effort to disrupt.

Edited by beyond our ken

I thought we looked really comfortable for as long as we pressed and kept a relatively high line.  It was a bit panicky sometimes when 'well got through though.  They were never in danger of converting a chance and we should have got at least one more goal.

We lacked the variety of passing that we get when O'Hara plays, which is a worry.  We are very much a defensive midfield that presses and looks for a break without him as opposed to a more attacking mindset when he is on the pitch

Mandron does several things well,   We added a dimension when Olusanya came on, where Mandron will shield the ball by trying to stand strong Oli seems to use far more energy that is far more liable to lead to a break.  He is much more of a defender's nightmare.  Ayunga is supposedly back in a few weeks and with an international break coming up we will maybe come back with a bounce.

On 8/20/2023 at 12:05 AM, faraway saint said:

Brilliant made up story. :lol: 

On 8/20/2023 at 12:08 AM, faraway saint said:

Better than you who never goes anywhere. :lol:

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Where to start......................:1eye

A genuine question for you. Faraway.

What do you get out of all of this?

6 hours ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

A genuine question for you. Faraway.

What do you get out of all of this?

Genuine question shull, what do you get out of all of this?

Exact same time of the morning and liking yourself all over the forum, sounds familiar?.

image.thumb.png.056207fbad4f0b8ac565601b66ddb7f9.png

Edited by faraway saint

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Genuine question shull, what do you get out of all of this?

Exact same time of the morning and liking yourself all over the forum, sounds familiar?.

image.thumb.png.056207fbad4f0b8ac565601b66ddb7f9.png

I asked you a simple enough, for the majority of the people on Earth, question.

You were unable to answer it.

Then you make up more nonsense about me being Shull, which I'm not.

Also, if you had bothered to do your research before you took a screenshot, (I particularly liked the fact you changed it from me putting "sad faces" against your posts to "likes" against Shull's posts) you would see that I didn't "like" a post in the "Divers and Cheats" and "Let's All Laugh At Sevco/Celtic" threads within the time frame you have shown.

You really will have to try harder.

Now, back to my original question.  What do you get out of constantly trolling and feeling the need to belittle others.  It should be a simple enough question that most people should be able to answer.  I'm not sure you'll be able to answer it though.  Maybe it's a bit advanced for you.  I blame your parents for taking you away on holiday when you should be in school.

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher
An unnecessary "is".

3 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I asked you a simple enough, for the majority of the people on Earth, question.

You were unable to answer it.

Then you make up more nonsense about me being Shull, which I'm not.

Also, if you had bothered to do your research before you took a screenshot, (I particularly liked the fact you changed it from me putting "sad faces" against your posts to "likes" against Shull's posts) you would see that I didn't "like" a post in the "Divers and Cheats" and "Let's All Laugh At Sevco/Celtic" threads within the time frame you have shown.

You really will have to try harder.

Now, back to my original question.  What do you get out of constantly trolling and feeling the need to belittle others.  It should be a simple enough question that most people should be able to answer.  I'm not sure you'll be able to answer it though.  Maybe it's a bit advanced for you.  I blame your parents for taking you away on holiday when you should be in school.

Let's just leave it, it was a nice break when you and shull disappeared over the summer, it's obvious you have "issues" and I have no desire to feed your craving for attention.

The forum doesn't need your trolling and made up stories. 

9 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Good result and a great goal from Saints. Very impressed by the Motherwell support, they got behind their team all throughout. We look a decent team these days. 👍

We look a very good side. Taylor, Boyd-Munce, Hemming, Gogic - to name but a few - all had a great game. With the window open for 11 days, can we hang on to our players, though? Particularly Strain, Baccus and O'Hara?

Edited by W6er

1 minute ago, Warrior Saint said:

Baccus? Really.....when OHara fit can find no place fir Baccus in the team. Thought he was the only player not to receive pass marks on Sat. Consistently caught in possession and seems to think he is a far better player than he is.

He had an off day. We all have them. I think he has proved that he has ability during his time at the World Cup; and he has been very good for us in the past.

Brilliant

I let the family of the little girl know about the fun day and told the mum my own two kids would be there to help make her wee girl feel welcome pity they cancelled on the risk of high winds. Glad they still had a good day despite the result for their team.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk