St Mirren v Motherwell Scottish League Cup 19th August 2023

shull

2 hours ago, W6er said:

Interesting fact, or at least I found it interesting:

Motherwell are away to Dundee and then have Hibs at home, which is the reverse of our fixtures! :) 

Another interesting fact - Motherwell haven't beaten us in cup competitions for 18 years.

• shull changed the title to St Mirren v Motherwell Scottish League Cup 19th August 2023
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 11:27 PM, W6er said:

I'm looking forward to this one. Cup games are special. 🏆

Me too but I have a problem!

Two of our six can go.

But no one to drive from Stirling to the game. Despite that we have bought our tickets. Public transport is out as still recovering from a second hip replacement.

On 8/12/2023 at 8:16 PM, Rascal said:

Me too but I have a problem!

Two of our six can go.

But no one to drive from Stirling to the game. Despite that we have bought our tickets. Public transport is out as still recovering from a second hip replacement.

Can anyone help??

9 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Can anyone help??

So I assume you are the one recovering from your second hip replacement.

If you don’t mind me asking how long ago was your surgery and what stage are you in your rehab? 

Is it advisable to be going into a football stadium with stairs and boisterous fans jumping around and bumping into you?

If you can’t currently travel by public transport perhaps you might be better to stay at home and get yourself fit for Hampden!

3 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

If you don’t mind me asking how long ago was your surgery and what stage are you in your rehab? 

Is it advisable to be going into a football stadium with stairs and boisterous fans jumping around and bumping into you?

If you can’t currently travel by public transport perhaps you might be better to stay at home and get yourself fit for Hampden!

Leave him alone. 🙄

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Really ?

Forgive me for doubting your interest in Ricky’s health 

You seem to be saying that a football stadium is no place for people with a disability 

Any other marginalised groups you want to have a pop at? Or is this one just personal?

9 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

You seem to be saying that a football stadium is no place for people with a disability 

That's,  clearly, not what he's saying.

Youre, as usual, trying to make something from nothing. 

Oh, as for personsl, this ricky is the same guy you called fulkin unhinged.

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Really ?

Forgive me for doubting your interest in Ricky’s health 

Any other marginalised groups you want to have a pop at? Or is this one just personal?

If you are really thinking that from what I wrote then I really feel sorry for you.

I was actually concerned about his physical welfare and just suggested he get himself better. 

Why don’t you offer to help him?

If it makes you feel any better I’ll happily continue to be your punch bag. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Have you run out of Freemans catalogues? 

Sad fcuker. 🤣🤣🤣

Stick Wanker Saint on ignore like his old handle God of War....not a Saints fan just an angry troll with small penis syndrome

Edited by DougJamie

If you are really thinking that from what I wrote then I really feel sorry for you.

I was actually concerned about his physical welfare and just suggested he get himself better. 
Why don’t you offer to help him?
If it makes you feel any better I’ll happily continue to be your punch bag. 

Very commendable as I’m sure we will all agree.

Would you pay for his mesages in Waitrose as a gesture of goodwill?

Meanwhile, back on topic.

Against Motherwell, we will need to compete to our full potential for the whole game - not just the first half, if we want to progress further.

Kettlewell was at our game on Saturday and will have us sussed out - watch this space.

However, if we perfrom for the full 90 minutes (ie. keep on the front foot), we should get through. Our defence isn't solid enough to sit back and soak up the pressure for the whole of the second half.