Strain potential injury

Not good at all! So that's Baccus and Strain missing from the game on Saturday, then!

When was this game played? I'm assuming you meant Australia v Israel, but I cannot find it on the BBC's fixture list.

ETA: Apologies - I have only just learned that the Palestine national team compete in qualifiers! 😮

Edited by W6er

• 2 weeks later...

🚨 INJURY UPDATE 🚨

It has been confirmed that Ryan Strain will be out for at least 3-4 months due to suffering a groin injury when on international duty. 

Ryan is due to have surgery in London on Monday. 

Wishing you all the best for the surgery Ryan and wishing you a speedy recovery! 🙏🐼

#OurStMirren #COYS

1 minute ago, fmckinn said:

🚨 INJURY UPDATE 🚨

It has been confirmed that Ryan Strain will be out for at least 3-4 months due to suffering a groin injury when on international duty. 

Ryan is due to have surgery in London on Monday. 

Wishing you all the best for the surgery Ryan and wishing you a speedy recovery! 🙏🐼

#OurStMirren #COYS

Ouch, not good news. :(

1. Strain out for three monthspublished at 12:47

12:47
    Ryan StrainIMAGE SOURCE, SNS

St Mirren are set to be without Ryan Strain for three months after a groin injury he suffered on international duty last month for Australia.

The wing-back is due to undergo surgery on Monday in London.

Strain will also miss the Asian Cup for Australia, which is set to take place from mid-January. 

"A huge blow for us," Stephen Robinson said. 

"But it's up to other people to step into the plate now. We have a small squad which is tested to the limit with injuries, especially long-term ones, but we are no different to anyone else.

"I don't work on the excuse mentality, I try and work on the basis that someone else will get an opportunity to prove they should be in the side and make up for Ryan's loss."

Strain's contract is due to come to an end in the summer, and Robinson says the decision to extend is "in his hands". 

"We spoke with Ryan's representatives about a new contract and they weren't interested at that stage in terms of signing.

"Ryan has obviously had a huge blow with his injury and it's a blow to us because Ryan has been a big, integral part of what we have done in our relative success.

"But you can't feel sorry for yourself. Ryan will get the best medical treatment possible and he's got the best physio around that will help him get back.

"He has to buy into that, he has to have the attitude and the work ethic that Jonah Ayunga had with a long-term injury.

"His aim as a young man is to come back stronger and fitter than he was before.

"Then the decision is in his hands in terms of what he does the following season but hopefully he will be back long before then."

I had hoped we would be considering offers to let him move on in January.  Being out until April means he wont get fully fit again this season and that will maybe have a knock-on in terms of the offers he might have expected to get for a PCA.  His injury record is significant and he really needed to get to january fully fit to cash-in on his next move, maybe he will accept that extension now as he needs a supportive club behind him rather than the uncertainty of what the summer might hold for the out-of-contract players, expecially those with a fitness concern.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:54 PM, antrin said:
  1. Strain out for three monthspublished at 12:47

12:47
    Ryan StrainIMAGE SOURCE, SNS

St Mirren are set to be without Ryan Strain for three months after a groin injury he suffered on international duty last month for Australia.

The wing-back is due to undergo surgery on Monday in London.

Strain will also miss the Asian Cup for Australia, which is set to take place from mid-January. 

"A huge blow for us," Stephen Robinson said. 

"But it's up to other people to step into the plate now. We have a small squad which is tested to the limit with injuries, especially long-term ones, but we are no different to anyone else.

"I don't work on the excuse mentality, I try and work on the basis that someone else will get an opportunity to prove they should be in the side and make up for Ryan's loss."

Strain's contract is due to come to an end in the summer, and Robinson says the decision to extend is "in his hands". 

"We spoke with Ryan's representatives about a new contract and they weren't interested at that stage in terms of signing.

"Ryan has obviously had a huge blow with his injury and it's a blow to us because Ryan has been a big, integral part of what we have done in our relative success.

"But you can't feel sorry for yourself. Ryan will get the best medical treatment possible and he's got the best physio around that will help him get back.

"He has to buy into that, he has to have the attitude and the work ethic that Jonah Ayunga had with a long-term injury.

"His aim as a young man is to come back stronger and fitter than he was before.

"Then the decision is in his hands in terms of what he does the following season but hopefully he will be back long before then."

Has he been ill ?   He’s looking awfy skinny .