Next Season

1 hour ago, John Meiksy said:

Been a relatively good season, just wondering what players/positions we need to sign for next season to improve again ?

Good question but need to know who we are likely to keep first.

2 hours ago, guinness said:

Imagine we will need a new goalie.

The “saving “ grace is that we have had a good record recently in our recruitment where goalkeepers are concerned

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As long as the manager's still based in Paisley I'm not too fussed.

He's already shown he can get the best out of players who were slagged off by the knowledgeable supporters.

👍👍

Spot on and agree totally with your last paragraph 

I would add that managing in Paisley as well as being based there would be even better 😎

18 hours ago, pod said:

A couple of strikers. 

For sure 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As long as the manager's still based in Paisley I'm not too fussed.

He's already shown he can get the best out of players who were slagged off by the knowledgeable supporters.

Getting the best out of players is great, But if their best isn't very good then we need better, All our Forward players will be here next season and with Dundee United coming up, Aberdeen n Hibs sure to be better, we need better than we have 

23 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

For sure 

Getting the best out of players is great, But if their best isn't very good then we need better, All our Forward players will be here next season and with Dundee United coming up, Aberdeen n Hibs sure to be better, we need better than we have 

For all that is true I remember reading all the same last year about how teams would improve and we'd struggle if we stood still. We are where we are this year through good coaching and most of the players playing well most of the time....it'll ever be thus.

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

For all that is true I remember reading all the same last year about how teams would improve and we'd struggle if we stood still. We are where we are this year through good coaching and most of the players playing well most of the time....it'll ever be thus.

Aint that the truth. 

Mibbie, in time, some supporters will start to see us as a regular top 6 side.

After last season I was on record as saying our target was to sustain out top 6 status which, in turn, could see us attract better players and have a better bash at the cups.

The cups have been my only slight disappointment this season. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Hemming has just bought a house in Houston according to Div.

I don’t know if he’s bought it or renting but he’s definitely moved into a house close to a Buddie of mine in the last couple of weeks.

Our target next season should be to achieve top 6 again with a points total that makes us competitive after the split. But for the points we squandered against Aberdeen in the 2-2 game early in the season, the last loss to Livingston (0-1) and the 5-2 loss at Kilmarnock (when we were 2 goals ahead at half-time), we would be well in the fight for fourth at the moment.  

My hope is that achieving top 6 status two years in a row will convince players who are better than some of those we currently have to take a chance and come to St. Mirren next season. If we can manage that, we must have a good chance of achieving that target.

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

Our target next season should be to achieve top 6 again with a points total that makes us competitive after the split. But for the points we squandered against Aberdeen in the 2-2 game early in the season, the last loss to Livingston (0-1) and the 5-2 loss at Kilmarnock (when we were 2 goals ahead at half-time), we would be well in the fight for fourth at the moment.  

My hope is that achieving top 6 status two years in a row will convince players who are better than some of those we currently have to take a chance and come to St. Mirren next season. If we can manage that, we must have a good chance of achieving that target.

Indeed mate. 

A realistic outlook. 👍

What I like is we have kept the core of the squad.  We need a good start like we did last season when we stunned teams with good slick football that has kind of tailed off .

Replacing strain is massive as we haven't looked the same since his injury.

Top 6 should be aim, however it's always going to be tight and I think next season will be very close between 4th and 8th.