St Mirren v Rangers, Sunday 28th April, 12:30 ko.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

First of the massive 5 games and, as we're at home, a wee chance we can sneak a result. 

Every single point is precious at this stage, let's get something on Sunday. 👍

Yeah you would think after Ross County and Dundee getting positive results against them then we should be due one aswell, sadly it never seems to work out that way for us..☹️

31 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

Yeah you would think after Ross County and Dundee getting positive results against them then we should be due one aswell, sadly it never seems to work out that way for us..☹️

Ah know mate and if we were away I'd be less hopeful. 

Anyhow, great to be involved in a possible European place, beats that relegatiin/play off pish. 😉

20 hours ago, faraway saint said:

First of the massive 5 games and, as we're at home, a wee chance we can sneak a result. 

Every single point is precious at this stage, let's get something on Sunday. 👍

Why not 👍 pity we're playing them first while they still have a faint chance of the League.. even so still believe we can get something from the game if we play well.. 

17 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Why not 👍 pity we're playing them first while they still have a faint chance of the League.. even so still believe we can get something from the game if we play well.. 

A chance, still slight, as we're at home. 

My usual post, DON'T LOSE AN EARLY GOAL please. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A chance, still slight, as we're at home. 

My usual post, DON'T LOSE AN EARLY GOAL please. 

Lol

Was about to echo those very thoughts - need to keep it tight early doors otherwise feckin gameplan is out the window 🤞🤞🤞

13 hours ago, CraigyBoy said:

Lol

Was about to echo those very thoughts - need to keep it tight early doors otherwise feckin gameplan is out the window 🤞🤞🤞

We are quoted at 13/2 with Rangers at 2/5 and the draw 4/1.

I'll wait till Sunday before making a decision on where my money goes. 🤔

Given that we're in with a chance of qualifying for Europe for the first time since the late 1980s I thought that the first game of the post split fixtures would have a busier thread.  14 posts, 9 different posters.

Last season and this season have been great to be a Saints supporter but you wouldn't know it by the lack of enthusiasm for matchdays going by on here.

Only one fixture of any interest in tomorrows games...............

Hearts win please.

For comedy value Motherwell to piss on Aberdeen as their support are getting carried away already after a 3-3 draw with Celtic. 

Ross county to send Livingston towards the Championship, despite them being hard nuts to crack.

St Johnston to win as they are closer to me and I want as many teams in that bracket to stay in the league. 

image.png.ffa6990f613dda9a9e965b1db4ee818c.png

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Hearts win please.

For comedy value Motherwell to piss on Aberdeen as their support are getting carried away already after a 3-3 draw with Celtic. 

Ross county to send Livingston towards the Championship, despite them being hard nuts to crack.

St Johnston to win as they are closer to me and I want as many teams in that bracket to stay in the league. 

Do you actually believe we can make up an 8 point gap? They're all meaningless fixtures for us, tomorrow.

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Do you actually believe we can make up an 8 point gap? They're all meaningless fixtures for us, tomorrow.

Unless I’m mistaken there are still 5 games to play with the potential for us to secure 15 points.

Kilmarnock may “Hibs” it and get zero points.

What a defeatist/negative attitude you seem to have. 

On 3/24/2024 at 12:35 AM, W6er said:

Screenshot2024-03-2400_18_35.png.1df1aec690c0481fe3fd5e27ba828ca2.png

I believe Aberdeen are still in contention, mathematically at least. However, from our perspective we only have to worry about Hibs and Dundee catching us.

St. Mirren - Motherwell (a), Hearts (h) & Celtic (a)

Hibs - Rangers (a), St. Johnstone (h), Motherwell (a)

Dundee - St. Johnstone (a), Motherwell (h), Rangers (h), Aberdeen (a)

If we beat Motherwell and Hibs lose at Ibrox, that's it - done! 

We really need to take a massive support to Fir Park! It could really be a top-six celebration. :clapping 🏁

Look at this hilarious post above, Aberdeen were 8 points behind with THREE games to play yet YOU thought they were still in with a shout of making top 6. :lol:

8 hours ago, W6er said:

I never indicated that we could catch Kilmarnock. While it's not mathematically impossible I'm a realist and I'd like to see us narrow the gap. :byebye

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Unless I’m mistaken there are still 5 games to play with the potential for us to secure 15 points.

Kilmarnock may “Hibs” it and get zero points.

What a defeatist/negative attitude you seem to have. 

Possible, but highly improbable. If in the unlikely scenario we were to close the gap to say four or five points, then I would start to take an interest in their results. As it is, they're almost meaningless. We could 'do a Leicester' and win the league next year, but it's highly improbable so I wouldn't even entertain the prospect unless we were sitting top around February/March. :) 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Look at this hilarious post above, Aberdeen were 8 points behind with THREE games to play yet YOU thought they were still in with a shout of making top 6. :lol:

I never indicated that we could catch Kilmarnock. While it's not mathematically impossible I'm a realist and I'd like to see us narrow the gap. :byebye

I stated that Aberdeen were in contention, 'mathematically at least'. I simply included Aberdeen for completeness. 

Re: the emboldened text - you don't have to justify yourself to me! :) I fear some folk are delusional enough to believe we can still realistically finish fourth; I wish to spare such people the disappointment they will inevitably feel, pal. 

9 hours ago, W6er said:

All meaningless to almost meaningless, dearie me. :lol:

Aye, you included Aberdeen mathematically yet we are closer to Killie with 5 games but that, according to you, is not mathematically possible?

14 minutes ago, W6er said:

As it is, they're almost meaningless. We could 'do a Leicester' and win the league next year, but it's highly improbable so I wouldn't even entertain the prospect unless we were sitting top around February/March. :) 

I stated that Aberdeen were in contention, 'mathematically at least'. I simply included Aberdeen for completeness. 

Re: the emboldened text - you don't have to justify yourself to me! :) I fear some folk are delusional enough to believe we can still realistically finish fourth; I wish to spare such people the disappointment they will inevitably feel, pal. 

I'm not justifying myself, only clarifying. I don't believe for one minute we can overtake Kilmarnock but you, clearly, were delusional enough to include Aberdeen for completeness.  :lol:

Your mind-numbing negativity has been alarming all season.

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Hearts win please.

All of the above please. 👍

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

All of the above please. 👍

FWIW I think that the Killie v Hearts game will be a draw.

Aberdeen will beat Motherwell.

Livingston will draw with County.

St Johnstone draw with Hibs.

I'm away to look at the odds for 4 draws. :lol:

5 hours ago, W6er said:

Possible, but highly improbable. If in the unlikely scenario we were to close the gap to say four or five points, then I would start to take an interest in their results. As it is, they're almost meaningless. We could 'do a Leicester' and win the league next year, but it's highly improbable so I wouldn't even entertain the prospect unless we were sitting top around February/March. :) 

Thank fcuk you are nowhere near the the St Mirren dressing room.

Mr Negative. Take a seat next to Elvis.