How Long Can This Run Go On?

How long can we go on without scoring a goal or gaining a point before TC gets his jotters? Surely there must be a limit to the amount of games the board can give him? It's unfathomable that we will go 5, 6, 7 or more league games without even scoring a goal, so when is it time to say "enough is enough" and TC to leave?

And surely TC has enough pride that he has his own limit to how long this run can go on be fore ending the humiliation and chucking it?

I'm not trying to start another thread to slate TC, merely pondering what would happen if this miserable run continues. What is the breaking point for the board or TC, it must be getting fairly close?

I get the impression that the board aren't wanting to make a quickfire decision, similar to the Gus and Danny situations who were both given time during dificulat runs and not just because they didn't want to save on paying the manager off.

We have Killie and Thistle x 2 coming up then Celtic after. If we don't even score in any of these games, never mind get a result, I don't think TC will be here for the St. Johnstone game at the start of October, one way or another - that'll be 7 league games without a goal or a point and out the League Cup, I don't think even the most tolerant Saints fan can put up with that.

So how much longer can this run go on before something is done about it? (literally!)

Do we have any fans who don't buckle, crumble and succumb to hysterical panic at the first sign of trouble?

It's a serious question.

How do people become so lacking in resilience and backbone?

I thought us Scots were a stoic proud bunch.

The point is that it's not the first sign of trouble. That's been already, as displayed by Ross County.

I still have every faith that this will be turned around in the next few games, but what if it's not? If not buckling at the first sign of trouble then when? The second, third, fourth sign of trouble? There must be a point where enough is enough and the only solution is for a change of management.

If this run continues, then when is your breaking point? When do you crumble? Or would you go the full season without scoring a goal just to say you were resilient to the end?

Do we have any fans who don't buckle, crumble and succumb to hysterical panic at the first sign of trouble?

It's a serious question.

This buckling and crumbling... is that St Mirren supporters, or the St Mirren team when they go one down?

It's a serious question.

Depends on your perspective, I guess.

You could look upon this as simply another chapter in the frustratingly inconsistent story started with Lennon four years ago. Same issues for me (lack of goals & ropey central defence) and they continue to be ignored.

Hysteria is optional.

Depends on your perspective, I guess.

You could look upon this as simply another chapter in the frustratingly inconsistent story started with Lennon four years ago. Same issues for me (lack of goals & ropey central defence) and they continue to be ignored.

Hysteria is optional.

What about the 4 years before Lennon? blink.png

I must have missed us grinding out result after result.................and still ending up in the bottom 2/3? laugh.png

We have been mostly shite since i started watching in the late 1960's.

The shite now is less shitier than the shite i witnessed in previous shitey years.

GET BEHIND THE CLUB !

Get behind the club? We do. With season tickets, matchday tickets, merchandise and away support. I suspect that over 90% of us who mump our gums on here attend most matches. That does NOT make us some sort of special fans nor does it give us the right to be abusive or get personal in attacking individuals, but we do have the right to voice our opinions (good or bad) on a platform such as this.

Better saving your rallying call for another target group.

Get behind the club? We do. With season tickets, matchday tickets, merchandise and away support. I suspect that over 90% of us who mump our gums on here attend most matches. That does NOT make us some sort of special fans nor does it give us the right to be abusive or get personal in attacking individuals, but we do have the right to voice our opinions (good or bad) on a platform such as this.

Better saving your rallying call for another target group.

Nobody's denying anyone's right to voice opinions, just the fact unnecessary threads all based around the same subject spring up, like last seasons plethora of Danny Lennon threads.

Just in case you've missed them there are 4, sorry, were 4 threads all pretty much set up as TC bashing,

Thankfully one has been closed.

Edited by faraway saint

WE HAVE ONLY PLAYED FOUR LEAGUE MATCHES.

Only one of those games did we play poorly.

Leave the Manager alone.

Kenny McLean was the worst player on the park on Saturday.

Tommy will probably get slated if he drops Kenny for the Killie match.

Folk are happy to destroy Cheesy unfairly.

Others get away with murder.

WE HAVE ONLY PLAYED FOUR LEAGUE MATCHES.

Only one of those games did we play poorly.

Leave the Manager alone.

Kenny McLean was the worst player on the park on Saturday.

Tommy will probably get slated if he drops Kenny for the Killie match.

Folk are happy to destroy Cheesy unfairly.

OTHERS GET AWAY WITH MURDER.

Your thinking about OJ.

It's a serious question.

1. Its only friendlies

2. Its only a few games

3. Its only the first quarter

4. Its only the first half

5. Its too late to sack the manager

2 down, 3 to go