Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I'm pretty sure we won't go up next season - we would need a massive turn around in form for that to happen and I just can't see it. Top half would be more like it. Though if Rangers, Morton, hibs, Falkirk are all in the league, we might well end up with a higher avg AWAY Supporters attendance than this season.

FIFY

Edited by stlucifer

Spend money to speculate? You really think we should do that? What if we spend money and don't go up...?

Thankfully the BOD won't be putting the club at risk by doing that. As is the correct way to run any football club, we won't be spending money we don't have.

It's a bit of a myth that our penny pinching puts the BoD on the moral high ground. Other clubs our size are well run, bring in good players and are not honking. Edited by magnus

It's a bit of a myth that our penny pinching puts the BoD on the moral high ground. Other clubs our size are well run, bring in good players and are not honking.

It's not the BoD who pick players to sign.

The manager is given a budget to spend and they all seem to do it very poorly.

Then, without investing in a good experienced spine to help the kids, we will be playing safe and going in the opposite direction.

Hope you'll enjoy next season's play offs as we try to stave off double relegation.

So... Just to clear this up.. You think we should spend money we don't have?

It's statements like this that are part of the reason I'm scared of fan ownership.

It's a bit of a myth that our penny pinching puts the BoD on the moral high ground. Other clubs our size are well run, bring in good players and are not honking.

We've had one bad season after a very successful 5 years. That's football.

We've had one bad season after a very successful 5 years. That's football.

I think we have had 3 bad seasons due to cost cutting and poor investment of what little cash was made available. The cup was great and that was a very decent team but it's been downill since.

I think we have had 3 bad seasons due to cost cutting and poor investment of what little cash was made available. The cup was great and that was a very decent team but it's been downill since.

In the 3 seasons before this one we set and then matched a generational high league position and won a major title.

If they're bad seasons, what's a good one? Certainly haven't been any better for over 20 years.

We cut costs because income has been cut. If income goes up costs go up. Pretty simple really.

In the 3 seasons before this one we set and then matched a generational high league position and won a major title.

If they're bad seasons, what's a good one? Certainly haven't been any better for over 20 years.

We cut costs because income has been cut. If income goes up costs go up. Pretty simple really.

This utterly catastrophic season surely hasn't been a complete surprise to you? It's been on the cards. We have let good players go and brought in bad ones. Ditto for management. A call for investment in half a dozen good players to supplement the young core of our team and build a strong squad of 15 to challenge for top 4 surely isn't pie in the sky stuff? If it is then the season tickets should be more thsn a tenner cheaper.

This utterly catastrophic season surely hasn't been a complete surprise to you? It's been on the cards. We have let good players go and brought in bad ones. Ditto for management. A call for investment in half a dozen good players to supplement the young core of our team and build a strong squad of 15 to challenge for top 4 surely isn't pie in the sky stuff? If it is then the season tickets should be more thsn a tenner cheaper.

Well it followed the most successful period in our modern history.

Where do you think the investment should come from?

Well it followed the most successful period in our modern history.

Where do you think the investment should come from?

From an aggressive, sustainable business plan that involves challenging every bit of the business to make more money, some borrowings and most important a good team on the park that supporters happily pay money to watch.

From an aggressive, sustainable business plan that involves challenging every bit of the business to make more money, some borrowings and most important a good team on the park that supporters happily pay money to watch.

What suggestions do you have to make more money?

Borrowings from whom? No banks will lend to us that's for sure.

There have been many viable revenue generating suggestions on these forums. And the banks are lending to businesses with good business plans and proactive management. Our problem is we are for sale. We have no demonstrable ambition and a bleak trajectory.

There have been many viable revenue generating suggestions on these forums. And the banks are lending to businesses with good business plans and proactive management. Our problem is we are for sale. We have no demonstrable ambition and a bleak trajectory.

Like what? It's all very well coming out with corporate buzz speak, it's quite another making these things happen.

What banks are lending to football clubs these days?

And I am absolutely amazed that some of our fans are actually advocating us running up bank debt.

Edited by TopCat

Like what? It's all very well coming out with corporate buzz speak, it's quite another making these things happen.

What banks are lending to football clubs these days?

And I am absolutely amazed that some of our fans are actually advocating us running up bank debt.

If we had a working overdraft in keeping with a £3m or whatever it is turnover business we might have avoided the alleged cash flow crisis that resulted in us selling our best player mid season. Is that not a debate for some bank debt? I'm arguing for 6 good players next season and the ambition to be a top 16 club in Scotland.

If we had a working overdraft in keeping with a £3m or whatever it is turnover business we might have avoided the alleged cash flow crisis that resulted in us selling our best player mid season. Is that not a debate for some bank debt? I'm arguing for 6 good players next season and the ambition to be a top 16 club in Scotland.

Do you realize the club nearly went bust owing 1.2 million and you want an overdraft of 3 million !

Topcat is correct when he writes banks are not giving loans to football clubs like it or not it's a fact in Scottish football. Banks today do not entertain bad debt which football is seen as.

As for raising more cash I have read nothing that would raise the type of capital you are writing about. Would love for you to give us an example.

Even when we have been successful in seasons past gate attendances have not changed.

I get you mean well and want to see investment in the club like we all do , the simple facts are the money is not there that's why we have to go with youth and some old pros.

Where I feel we need to do better is in the contract of young players. We seem to get peanuts when teams like Hamilton , Dundee Unt can pull in seriously big money. Something is wrong within our system with youth - contacts - selling on which needs fixed.

We sold Kenny McLean as part of the agreement we had with him when he resigned for us.

I never want to see St Mirren in bank debt again. It almost killed us before and it's caused countless problems to other clubs up and down the UK. There's also no bank in the UK that would lend to us

Fan ownership eh!