jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Why would signing a right back mean that signing a striker wasn’t no 1 priority?

You think we should just stop recruitment of all other positions until we manage to sign a suitable striker?

That would be bizarre!

Again , I never said that but I think that to continue to try and convince you of that would be akin to teaching Braille to someone wearing boxing gloves .

🤫

St Mirren are reportedly working on a treble signing to bolster Alan Stubbs’ options in key areas.

The Buddies boss wants Birmingham duo Greg Stewart and Nicolia Brock-Madsen plus Manchester United youngster Matty Willock - according to The Scottish Sun.

Former Dundee striker Stewart spent last season on-loan at Aberdeen while Willock had a stint with St Johnstone.

Brock-Madsen, a Danish frontman, is believed to be available for loan having already spent time in Holland and Poland since signing for Birmingham three years ago.

20 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Sooner we get players in the better to get them used to Stubbs system , will be pleasantly surprised if we can afford Stewart , but he would be a "Marquee" signing.

Stubbs has a system?

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd take all three. Stewart in particular is a decent player at our level. Never really hit it off at Aberdeen last season though.

Three loan players though, reckon that's us up to our quota if we get them all. Always prefer permanent signings,think they tend to have more investment in the club.

36 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Three loan players though, reckon that's us up to our quota if we get them all. Always prefer permanent signings,think they tend to have more investment in the club.

Not sure about that. Cross border loans work wholly differently from loans within the same country. 

What do we have just now? Two on loan? All though I don't think we'll get all of these players over the line, we could technically take all 3 and still get Johnson from Celtic on loan. 

Stewart is a really gifted football player, but tends to blow hot and cold. If we could get him and got the best out of him, he would be a great signing, but a lot of ifs. The other rumours sound interesting too, but we’ve learned over the last couple of weeks not to get our hopes up.

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

If its loans from outside of scotland you can have more. What I would say though, Newton, Dummett and Isma were three quality loan signings who contributed magnificently a few years ago. 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd take all three. Stewart in particular is a decent player at our level. Never really hit it off at Aberdeen last season though.

Stewart doubtful.

Edited by JJ McG

19 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Stewart doubtful.

Was always a long shot due to wages and general reputation. Would be great if it came through.

the other two looks to have a decent grounding, so pretty positive about them.

Desperate situations require desperate measures , these guys would go a long way towards undoing the damage done by the poor business done up to now. An experienced , mobile central defender is another must !