jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Why don't we save the McGinn windfall as a contribution towards our parachute payment when we return to the Championship at the end of this season, rather than waste it on 39 year-old has beens or 3rd rate 'never-will-bes'?

That would be too sensible. We will waste the lot on trying to bargain off Stubbs, his first team coach and his useless signings in addition to replacements for all of the above.

Stubbs should not be given another penny to spend as he has proven he’s hopeless at spotting a player (alarmingly even in the position he made a living out of), if he thinks Kenny Miller will solve this omnishambles then I am seriously concerned how low he can drag us.

You literally just beat me to this. I was just thinking the same thing.

You mean you didn’t believe me when I said on here over a month ago that Smith wasn’t happy with things at the club ?

10 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

That would be too sensible. We will waste the lot on trying to bargain off Stubbs, his first team coach and his useless signings in addition to replacements for all of the above.

Stubbs should not be given another penny to spend as he has proven he’s hopeless at spotting a player (alarmingly even in the position he made a living out of), if he thinks Kenny Miller will solve this omnishambles then I am seriously concerned how low he can drag us.

OH  just wait and see how low.Its going to be very painful watching it happen .

I feel the need to defend myself a wee bit I was never actually laughing at how shite we are it is more directed at the happy clappers who come on and tell us everything will be fine when it clearly is not apart from the 18 months JR was in charge we have been piss poor but out they come with there everything will be fine they are in complete denial as far as I am concerned and deserve to be laughed at.

Killie have a similar fan base to us and makes me wonder where they are getting the funds to pay for SC and players on higher wages than us? If we cannot compete with clubs like Killie and clubs at our level then we really are struggling.

Killie cram as many into both stands behind the goals when they play the old firm 🤭

49 minutes ago, elvis said:

I feel the need to defend myself a wee bit I was never actually laughing at how shite we are it is more directed at the happy clappers who come on and tell us everything will be fine when it clearly is not apart from the 18 months JR was in charge we have been piss poor but out they come with there everything will be fine they are in complete denial as far as I am concerned and deserve to be laughed at.

No need to defend yourself Bud. Look we're all hurting. The situation is almost unbearable. The ' happy clappers' and 'knicker wetters'  are just how people are reacting to an increasingly worrying situation hoping, really hoping something can be pulled out of the hat at the last minute. 

watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat er stereo photo: heads out of the hat HGguuSeiichitomoyoandHiroko.gif hat rabbit rabbits hat GIF

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Nothing to do with denial.  Some on here have a right to retain a degree of optimism (blind or otherwise) just as we did when Jack started and we were performing poorly.  It's  not happy clapping to get behind your team when the going is tough.  We can't all be a miserable and pessimistic as you Elvis.  I have supported the team as long as you mate and have seen a lot  more dark than good times.  It is tough at this point but if we all adopted a stance of complete doom then how does that help the team on the park if we all acted as such.  People are still on their holiday and its still August so time to sort things out - either on the park or in the Boardroom.

Edited by nedflanders123

32 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Edwards is shite and is still not a wide midfielder.

Jesus wept.

I think he is more a holding midfielder however you base your critique on what exactly ?

Who exactly should we be signing, he seems a bit more experienced in this division than most others we have signed.

Edwards is a bizarre (possible) signing.

How many centre mids do we need

McGinn
Jones
Willock
Magennis
Kirkpatrick
McShane
Flynn
McPherson

Who can all play in the middle while we have one outright Winger (King, who can’t get a sniff).

Genuinely can’t get my head around this one!

2 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Edwards is a bizarre (possible) signing.

How many centre mids do we need

McGinn
Jones
Willock
Magennis
Kirkpatrick
McShane
Flynn
McPherson

Who can all play in the middle while we have one outright Winger (King, who can’t get a sniff).

Genuinely can’t get my head around this one!

Guy has lost the plot. Probably wants to drop McGinn after having a go at his signing policy

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Ryan Edwards the Hearts midfielder (ex Thistle) according to STV. A bit more realistic although not sure it's the most pressing position in midfield.

A midfielder.

A central midfielder.

:lol: