jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Come on in that short clip does that look like the same ryan that we have?

He’s clearly lost pace I wasn’t saying he’s the fastest of wingers but has definitely a bit of pace.

Your clip shows him unable to outpace the full back so he cuts inside and shoots.

You’ll note that he is playing out wide in that clip. He’s played wide his entire career!

Playing wide left mind you. Maybe we should move him over to the left to replace Lewis Morgan?

As for pace, he’s only 29 FFS and he’s just dropped down a level.

Loads of wide players through the years have never had pace. From guys like David Beckham Gordon Strachan and Davie Cooper to our own Billy Stark.

My point is simple. Ryan Flynn is a wide player and has always been a wide player. I wish folk would stop moaning about Alan Stubbs playing him out of position when that is his position!

Your clip shows him unable to outpace the full back so he cuts inside and shoots.

You’ll note that he is playing out wide in that clip. He’s played wide his entire career!

Playing wide left mind you. Maybe we should move him over to the left to replace Lewis Morgan?

As for pace, he’s only 29 FFS and he’s just dropped down a level.

Loads of wide players through the years have never had pace. From guys like David Beckham Gordon Strachan and Davie Cooper to our own Billy Stark.

My point is simple. Ryan Flynn is a wide player and has always been a wide player. I wish folk would stop moaning about Alan Stubbs playing him out of position when that is his position!

You need to watch it again he’s already ahead of the player when he stops to come inside the defender which he wasn’t expecting him to do so he could have a shot with his stronger foot.

My point was simple he looks more comfortable when he starts more central imo than out wide and with him getting older not done at 29 which I never said he was.... also starting to lose abit of pace he would prob say himself he prefers to play more central roles now.

Whenever I’ve seen him play he prefers to come inside than go take the man on and put in a cross.

When people are saying we need wingers then that’s the type they will be meaning one that can go take the ball for a run one that can go on the outside and put crosses in.

You don’t need to keep saying ryan Flynn has been a winger all his career think most people know that.

Dropped down a level?

From championship to premiership?

Or you meaning Scottish Premiership standard isn’t as good as league 1 in England

44 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Stubbs trying to get Hibs midfielder Scott Martin according to twitter

The boy has a lot of potential and is the terrier in midfield type but again it will be quite a step up from being on loan at Arbroath to first team in a Premiership side.

44 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Stubbs trying to get Hibs midfielder Scott Martin according to twitter

I used to work with his mum, he's a good lad but not what we need.

I think Stubbs has been set a challenge to take a group of football fans from delight to despair. Definitely a psychological experiment. It'll soon feature on a Channel 5 documentary with that mad woman with the stary eyes that claims to be a psychologist but everyone knows she isn't really.

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Stubbs saying we need to move players on before others arrive. 

With two days to go?:blink:

Yet he was poised to sign Kenny Miller. What has happened to the funds that were set aside for that deal?

I’ve seen this movie before and it doesn’t end well. Desperation has set in and we are all over the place on the park and in the transfer market. What looked like a league were we could establish ourselves is turning into a horror show. We could quite easily score no points in the next six 

49 minutes ago, FTOF said:

At least it will be consistent with our signing policy. 

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Exactly. I smell shite.

Is anyone genuinely not scratching his head now, trying to work out what the f**k Stubbs is doing (and that includes Stubbs himself)?

I promised not to be negative on here for a few days, but, by Christ, a few hours in and I'm really struggling.

It truly is utterly baffling.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Is anyone genuinely not scratching his head now, trying to work out what the f**k Stubbs is doing (and that includes Stubbs himself)?

I promised not to be negative on here for a few days, but, by Christ, a few hours in and I'm really struggling.

It truly is utterly baffling.

He could be trying the trick of letting us think we're skint, so when we sign some non-league jobber with 16 clubs on his CV, we'll be grateful because we thought we'd sign no-one?

Or maybe, and more plausibly, he just doesn't know what he's doing. Worrying times.

Dropped down a level?

From championship to premiership?

Or you meaning Scottish Premiership standard isn’t as good as league 1 in England

Okay then, despite the fact he’s spent his e tire career playing wide, he’s playing out of position cos you’ve decided he’s a central midfielder!

Re your last point, you aren’t seriously suggesting that moving from a massive club like Sheffield United, who play in the English Championship, isn’t a step down coming to the Scottish Premiership?

As for League One, well our manager just left us for a League One side and they just thrashed us 6-0 at home!

FFS, Harry Davis left us for a League Two side!

Ryan Flynn took a massive step down by joining us!

Okay then, despite the fact he’s spent his e tire career playing wide, he’s playing out of position cos you’ve decided he’s a central midfielder!

Re your last point, you aren’t seriously suggesting that moving from a massive club like Sheffield United, who play in the English Championship, isn’t a step down coming to the Scottish Premiership?

As for League One, well our manager just left us for a League One side and they just thrashed us 6-0 at home!

FFS, Harry Davis left us for a League Two side!

Ryan Flynn took a massive step down by joining us!

He’s never played in the championship lol

He’s played in league 1

He came from Oldham

I think the top teams in our league are better than the top teams in league 1 so hardly a step down in level.

Imo he’s not going to be as effective in this league playing for us as a winger anymore we need to strengthen that position we are badly in need of abit of pace.

Quite an odd thing to say you need to move players on before anyone else can come in when you very publicly offered Kenny Miller a deal two days before that he knocked back.

Did that money just disappear into a dark void never to be seen again? Or have the board actually realised that there is no point in giving Stubbs any more budget and withdrawn the funds as he's already proven himself not to be up to the standard to be trusted with one? 

Either way, not a strong statement to come away with in the same week we courted a guy who would have cost a decent wedge. Doesn't paint anyone in a positive light as either Stubbs is talking shite in order to soften the blow of moving yet more bodies in, the board has removed funding or both.