jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Haven’t seen anything on here recently about us being linked with Jai Quitongo. Is that because we are blessed with pacey  wide men, or too concerned with him being injury prone ? Surely not blinded by the team he last played for.

Available on a free - I think he’d be worth a punt

8 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Haven’t seen anything on here recently about us being linked with Jai Quitongo. Is that because we are blessed with pacey  wide men, or too concerned with him being injury prone ? Surely not blinded by the team he last played for.

Turra. There was a thread on him I believe. Concensus seemed to be that he was injury prone and flatters to deceive.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Turra. There was a thread on him I believe. Concensus seemed to be that he was injury prone and flatters to deceive.

I recall that thread and Agree that seemed to be the consensus. But that was at least a few weeks ago when we were still sitting on the edge of our seats, speculating  on who the marquee signings may be and when was the guy from Juve coming. There’s now less than 48hrs to go and we still have no pace and no width - I think he’s worth a punt, but do appreciate others may not.

16 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

He get injured as often as MacKenzie does  :thumbsdown   Club is paying to much sick money as it is without adding to it.

2 hours ago, pod said:

As we stand, would happily of kept Stewart (striker)  

Really? Even Jack Ross knew he was never Premiership standard, he sent him on loan in League1.. And going on a permanent move to a championship club does kinda underlines he's found his level..

i think your glasses may be very rose tinted?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really? Even Jack Ross knew he was never Premiership standard, he sent him on loan in League1.. And going on a permanent move to a championship club does kinda underlines he's found his level..

I agree with the above, but would have kept him. There is a player in there somewhere.

i also accept that my glasses are indeed very rose tinted, and my glass (more than) half full on anything St.Mirren related. An eternal optimist.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

At least the boy would have put in more effort than any of the other non premiership standard players we signed.   I quite like my rose tinted glasses thank you very much.  :2cool    :wink:

Edited by pod

9 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

I agree with the above, but would have kept him. There is a player in there somewhere.

i also accept that my glasses are indeed very rose tinted, and my glass (more than) half full on anything St.Mirren related. An eternal optimist.

I agree there is a player, but young Ross as never going to trouble the defenders he would come up against in the Premiership. Good luck to him though, hope it all works out at County.

7 minutes ago, pod said:

At least the boy would have put in more effort than any of the other non premiership standard players we signed.   I quite like my rose tinted glasses thank you very much.  :2cool    :wink:

I don't doubt he'd put the effort in, like my comment above though, i fear it would have been to his detriment more than anything if Ross or Stubbzo threw him in there.

as another optimist I have to believe, given Stubbzo is no fool, has a wealth of top level playing experience, as well as some success as a manager that we will see the young signings like Cooke & Heaton flourish. And that NBM just needs a goal to get off the mark, big Cole can't for an experienced player be that pish again, Hodson is now in the groove, young Alfie is the boy, Big Matty is going to thread them through the eye of a needle and a late flurry as the window closes will see us with a decent striking option.

Stubbzo has gone for in the main, height and physical presence. Apart from injuries they should be match fit now, even for the breakneck speed of the game up here. King is the concern, not hearing anything about him getting first team action.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Stubbzo is no fool, has a wealth of top level playing experience, as well as some success as a manager that we will see the young signings like Cooke & Heaton flourish. 

But he's not prepared  to do similar with a younger Stewart.   Probably all he needed was a top coach.

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Been at Livingston on trial no deal , went to Patrick Thistle on trial no deal that would make ideal for us given who we have signed. 

Re your last point, you aren’t seriously suggesting that moving from a massive club like Sheffield United, who play in the English Championship, isn’t a step down coming to the Scottish Premiership?

He never moved to us from Sheff Utd, Captain Clueless!

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I agree there is a player, but young Ross as never going to trouble the defenders he would come up against in the Premiership. Good luck to him though, hope it all works out at County.

I don't doubt he'd put the effort in, like my comment above though, i fear it would have been to his detriment more than anything if Ross or Stubbzo threw him in there.

as another optimist I have to believe, given Stubbzo is no fool, has a wealth of top level playing experience, as well as some success as a manager that we will see the young signings like Cooke & Heaton flourish. And that NBM just needs a goal to get off the mark, big Cole can't for an experienced player be that pish again, Hodson is now in the groove, young Alfie is the boy, Big Matty is going to thread them through the eye of a needle and a late flurry as the window closes will see us with a decent striking option.

Stubbzo has gone for in the main, height and physical presence. Apart from injuries they should be match fit now, even for the breakneck speed of the game up here. King is the concern, not hearing anything about him getting first team action.

Once you have finished with the Bong

Pass my way i could do with it