Whisky Drinkers

thomsons dropped it

I always thought soda with whisky was a North American thing? I don't drink a lot of whisky but when I do it's either on its own or a little water. I usually go without water with whisky I am trying for the first time

Maxi I have a bottle of Grouse and a bottle of Glenmorangie from Christmas . I only take my whiskey with ice in wee sips bloody great.

Now you're talking! I love Glenmorangie with a little bit of ice. At my twenty-first, my old man bought me Glenmorangie and put a bit of ice in it and that was the first time I'd ever tasted whisky!

At Christmas just past I bought my Dad a Caol Ila 12 year old which set me back a bit but he's my Dad and it was worth it to see his face on Christmas Day! smile.png

Another made up story, what a laugh. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

No evidence then? Just like you have no evidence of me being "multiple aliases" like your beloved "Tracey" or is it "Tracy" etc! You really are a simpleton in need of much help. I'll give you a "heads up" - stop lying all of the time and making yourself out to be the fountain of knowledge about everyone on here and their life and then, just maybe, you'll earn some respect and friends...

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Breakdown time. thumbup2.gif

I blame the whisky. whistling.gif

Edited by faraway saint

On last weeks Sunday Brunch they were trying various brands of whisky and the "expert" said drink it as YOU like it, there's too much whisky snobbery.

I hate the stuff by the way.

There is snobbery in everything - whisky, wine, books, music. I tried whisky and soda again last night at my brothers but nah, I then had to try it with lemonade (never drink lemonade) and it was ok but defo whisky and pepsi.

I listened to an interview with the MD of Glenmoronagie talking about what, if anything should be added to malts. His view was that a drop (literally) of water helps to open it up a bit, and I usually go with that. Never actually tried ice.

I polished off the last of a bottle of Strathisla last night. I was drinking it neat, as it is very smooth and doesn't need water. Lovely!

I listened to an interview with the MD of Glenmoronagie talking about what, if anything should be added to malts. His view was that a drop (literally) of water helps to open it up a bit, and I usually go with that. Never actually tried ice.

I polished off the last of a bottle of Strathisla last night. I was drinking it neat, as it is very smooth and doesn't need water. Lovely!

I did the glenmorangie tour In tain a few years ago. The guide advised that you should only add a teardrop amount of water. I tried with and without water but by far the best was the teardrop option. Have you tried the port, sherry and Madeira options of glenmorangie ? Edited by Big Jake

I did the glenmorangie tour In tain a few years ago. The guide advised that you should only add a teardrop amount of water. I tried with and without water but by far the best was the teardrop option. Have you tried the port, sherry and Madeira options of glenmorangie ?

I confess to not having tried many Glenmorangie variants. That's all good as I have that to look forward to!

post-6073-0-76867100-1390684558_thumb.jpOn this Scottish Night I thought I would have a wee Dram along with my Good Lady. She is partial to a Drambuie whereas I am just partial to Whisky. holiday.gif

I had some bottles from Christmas and some I bought myself ....and some I have already drank nologo.gif ...with a little help I may add.

This is tonight's choice by a roaring fire......Atmospheric and very cosy, the way I like it. Cheers Buddies.

Claret being our national drink is what I am packing away tonight........not No 1 choice but I feel an essential need to replicate Burn's. Don't think he did Tuscan reds but I know he liked his French on occasion. So, erm, Vives le Auld Alliance.

Glug , oh and a spicy wee mince, not the worst

Claret being our national drink is what I am packing away tonight........not No 1 choice but I feel an essential need to replicate Burn's. Don't think he did Tuscan reds but I know he liked his French on occasion. So, erm, Vives le Auld Alliance.

Glug , oh and a spicy wee mince, not the worst

More importantly, what colour of tutu are you wearing? cloud9.gif

My girlfriend and I were out at our friends house on Friday night for a Burns Supper thing and I was treated to some fantastic malts as we worked through the dinner courses. We had an Edradour 10 year old with the soup which was alright, then a Balvenie Special with the main course, an Auchentoshan 10 year old with the sweet and then rather a lot of Dalmour 12 year old which I have to admit was going down very smoothly indeed. The Edradour needed a drop of water as it had a really heavy taste.

The other malt I've had this week was a Tobermory 10 year old which is very nice indeed. That was the malt I toasted Sunderlands victory with.

Next weekend I'm going back to my favourite restaurant in Wishaw - the excellent Artisan Restaurant which used to boast 993 different malts and liqueurs for sale, but I believe that total is now over 1600. The food is fantastic and the restaurant is one of the highest ranked restaurants in the world by the Whisky Society apparently.

Went to New York in November, arrived about 7:30pm their time and as we were all knackered decided quick bite & then bed so we would be raring to go in the morning.

Being one who doesn't do a lot of sleep, I woke up at 1am. I decided I didn't want to stay in the room and risk waking the wife and children so headed off out and grabbed the paper on the way {in case I found a pub open}

Out on times square, I turned the corner and there was an irish pub O'Lunneys that was open so fired in for a beer and a read of the paper.

After a couple of pints of Harp, I spied the whiskies and thought "why not"

had a wee go at the 12 year old Macallan, with a drop of water. Was decent stuff but not a patch on the 18 year old Macallan that I tried next.

A dram in New York is not the same as a dram you'd get in one of our pubs but nonetheless at $16 dollars a go, I had a few.

Bar shut at 4am so I wandered back to the hotel and as I climbed back into bed, Nic rolled over and asked, "been up long"

"1/2 an hour" I replied and crashed into a drunken sleep nologo.gif

anyways, the 18 year old Macallan was a fine drop made better with a drip of water. thumbup2.gif

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Next weekend I'm going back to my favourite restaurant in Wishaw - the excellent Artisan Restaurant which used to boast 993 different malts and liqueurs for sale, but I believe that total is now over 1600. The food is fantastic and the restaurant is one of the highest ranked restaurants in the world by the Whisky Society apparently. 

I went there on the recommendation of a Mr Cowan of Motherwell...

My drinks were warm courtesy of the broken fridge... my tomato still had a label stuck on it... and I ended up with food poisoning.

Still... I can't say I tried their whisky.