Michael Tidser

How would that work without sending the player on loan?

He would be contracted to 2 clubs unless we paid the 50% up front?

IIRC It was to be a loan deal but his contract was up in the summer - he spent the first half of that season at QotS and when he returned Saints were apparently touting him round all the First Division clubs. He was eventually released just before the transfer window ended and signed for Dumbarton a couple of days later. It would be naïve to think that we didn't pay up the bulk of his contract.

As for the players currently under contract who DL would like to get rid of again it's naïve to think they'll go if it means losing money, there may be some wriggle room in terms of bonuses which a player not getting picked can't make but I reckon most players go (& stay) where the money is.

I don't know how all the contracts and transfer fees etc will play out, all I know is, I've seen Tidser a few times and always been impressed by him. Would like to see him in black and White

Don't know that much about him tbh but you guys do....Good enough for me......Also means DMC can tupe across to support his big teamthumbup2.gif ....Howzabout a break down Bud in all that is good about the new Morton Ritchie?

If a player is told he has no future at the club he has two choices, rot away with no chance of playing or go to a club who will offer him a chance to play. If Imrie is indeed offered then I would assume he would choose to go and play albeit in the first division rather than being somewhere he is not wanted and no chance of pulling th boots on. There is one other alternative and that is to put him out on loan if no deal can be struck to have him permanently move on.

Imrie might be prepared to go, but this deal would require two players both agreeing.

And Morton would have to accept giving away their prize asset, for a couple of players who can't get a game in our team.

Would be a great deal for Saints I'm sure, still can't see it happening.

Not too keen on Tidser to be honest. Is he going to be any better than what we've got? Any time i've seen him play against us he has looked bang average. He's older than McLean and McGinn for example, yet has achieved far less than both. He's also very injury prone and due to a recurring injury has already lost a turn of pace - according to a Morton fan.

This signing ( if true ) has a feeling Jon Robertson about it. Would much rather see us utilise the loan market and get some more youngsters like Newton and Dummett from EPL clubs than take a punt on an unproven SFL player.

The 'Tell him he's Pele' website gives good, in-depth views of SFL teams and players. Tidser & other alleged (by the media) signing interest, Stefan Scougall both made their 1st Division team of the year. Here's what they said about them;

Central midfield: MICHAEL TIDSER (Greenock Morton)

Physically imposing yet inherently creative, Tidser is getting better every year. While a tally of six goals gives him a ratio of just over one in every six league matches, he does give a perception of being a more dangerous attacking threat than that. Tidser strikes a balance between sheer strength and imagination with the use of his left foot. That, together with the size of his frame, makes him one of the SFL’s most prominent midfielders and he was one of the major drivers of Greenock Morton’s relative success this season.

Tidser has developed a terrific understanding with Fouad Bachirou in the centre of midfield over the last three seasons. It is unlikely that both will remain at Cappielow, but if they do, the league is in a stronger position for it.

Attacking midfield: STEFAN SCOUGALL (Livingston)

Scougall represents Livingston’s youth policy better than anyone else. As a midfielder who is creative, versatile, extremely tidy on the ball in terms of passing and dribbling, boasts a short centre of gravity and as agile in mind as he is in body, he is the flagship youth graduate who many others (St Johnstone-bound Dylan Easton included) would surely like to emulate.

Scougall’s class on the ball is such that he could play anywhere in the middle of the park and still grab the attention of his audience. He is as adept at dictating the tempo at the base of midfield as his is further forward, but it is generally viewed that – like departing St Mirren playmaker Paul McGowan – his technique and vision better suits the number 10 position where he can pull apart defences. Scougall himself is an emerging goal threat, having scored six goals in the league this season. Despite having a very slight frame, this player is good enough to star with the best in the country.

The guys we want to offload will not be wanting to lose out financially if they move, and would no doubt rather stay in the SPL if they can rather than drop a division and Morton have said they ar dramatically slashing their wage bill this season. I can't see Morton deciding to a] not try and get a transfer fee for Tidser or b] wanting to pay 2 SPL players in terurn for losing 1 off their wage bill.

• 4 weeks later...

Met him in my work before. Had abit of banter and he said he loved the games against st mirren and the fans were a good bunch. nice guy and a good player, midfield is pretty full though and I think many would prefer Newton back if we were gonna sign another.

Only way we could justify signing a new midfielder is if we let one go. Obviously the one that springs to mind straight away is Jon Robertson. However Danny has dropped no hints he will be moved on and maybe think he can do something similar to what Teale did in his second season? Priorities must lie at Left back and Goalkeeper. Another striker would be a bonus and then if there is any money left over I'd imagine it'll be another centre back or a right back brought in.

Totally agree with you buddie.

Maybe Robertson does deserve another chance, he's been unlucky. Goalkeeper is a priority considering we have none..

Left back is another one, seem to say that every preseason. We have brought in a few good ones but it would be good to get one that stays for more than a season.

Totally agree with you buddie.

Maybe Robertson does deserve another chance, he's been unlucky. Goalkeeper is a priority considering we have none..

Left back is another one, seem to say that every preseason. We have brought in a few good ones but it would be good to get one that stays for more than a season.

Why has Robertson been unlucky?

Edited by lovestreet