Wimbledon 2013

faraway saint

Murray loses first set, never got out of second gear.

He needs to wake up, puzzling how he seems to start so many matches slow?

Andy is the Scurlogue Champ of tennis!....18 straight wins on grass...Olympic/Queens and Wimbledon .....KTF.....He might just catch that Hare

Ps My mate put my bet on and I only have 7/2 William Hill. .Thought I had 4/1..Raging!1eye.gif

Andy is the Scurlogue Champ of tennis!....18 straight wins on grass...Olympic/Queens and Wimbledon .....KTF.....He might just catch that Hare

Ps My mate put my bet on and I only have 7/2 William Hill. .Thought I had 4/1..Raging!1eye.gif

If it makes you feel any better I can confirm I have him at 4/1. lol.gif

I hope he takes yesterday as a wake up call, back on track against this Polish guy.

Seems he's got a big serve, Murray will soon take care of that. thumbup2.gif

Magnificent performance , he now responds well to the pressure.

That was digging deep & self belief at its best smile.png

Well done Andy

Aye and it's not the first time he's done this either.

That US Open final nearly killed me.

And in two recent Wimbledon's he did the same thing against Gasquet coming back from 2 sets down AND a break in the third to win both.

It's extraordinary that someone from Scotland is doing this.

If it makes you feel any better I can confirm I have him at 4/1. lol.gif

I hope he takes yesterday as a wake up call, back on track against this Polish guy.

Seems he's got a big serve, Murray will soon take care of that. thumbup2.gif

Eh?

Wake up call?

Verdasco is world class. Always has been. Played brilliantly yesterday.

You're worse than that numpty who interviewed Murray after the game yesterday.

Murray has been explaining about the ability of his opponents for a fortnight but nobody is listening.

See these 2 weeks a year tennis fans.........pah!

Eh?

Wake up call?

Verdasco is world class. Always has been. Played brilliantly yesterday.

You're worse than that numpty who interviewed Murray after the game yesterday.

Murray has been explaining about the ability of his opponents for a fortnight but nobody is listening.

See these 2 weeks a year tennis fans.........pah!

I meant that Murray played way under his normal standard, especially for the first 2 sets.

I never said anything detrimental about Verdasco but let's look at your statement.

Verdasco world class? How do you define that?

He's done nothing in any of the slams for 3 years, won a massive 5 titles in his career, has a won 110/lost 118 record. Not a mug by any means but I would suggest not world class either.

Aye world class right enough. lol.gif

Game set and match to faraway. punk.gif

You can be a diddy at times.bye1.gifbye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I'm actually glad he got a tough test against Verdasco. Going into a final against Djokovic without having been stretched would not be ideal. Djokovic has had to deal with guys like Berdych to get this far and has Del Potro to contend with in the semi, so will have gradually worked his way up to his peak. I'd have preferred if Andy had had to play and defeat Federer in the semi to set him up for the final.

Just watched the woman's 2nd semi final, jeesus, what a match.

Aye, woman's tennis is pretty damn good.

The final should be some match.

My ideal final for the women's would've been Azarenka versus Lisicki but I'm happy enough one of them got there.

Lisicki had a really bad injury a few years back that she did well to return from the way she has. She beat Li Na on her return to Wimbledon & I remember her celebrations. I can understand when those who win celebrate with fist-pumping aggression but I like it when you see someone absolutely overjoyed and that's what Lisicki is like. She's really gutsy and it's great to see someone enjoy themselves on the court so much. It'll be tough against Bartolli but I really hope she wins it.

Edited to add:- There's also the fact she's a wee honey an' aw. cloud9.gif

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

My ideal final for the women's would've been Azarenka versus Lisicki but I'm happy enough one of them got there.

Lisicki had a really bad injury a few years back that she did well to return from the way she has. She beat Li Na on her return to Wimbledon & I remember her celebrations. I can understand when those who win celebrate with fist-pumping aggression but I like it when you see someone absolutely overjoyed and that's what Lisicki is like. She's really gutsy and it's great to see someone enjoy themselves on the court so much. It'll be tough against Bartolli but I really hope she wins it.

Edited to add:- There's also the fact she's a wee honey an' aw. cloud9.gif

I'm wae Tam Cowan.....Best ever tennis woman's final was called "Game set and snatch!"