Tony Watt

shull

Guest somner9

It's a poor state of affairs to be at this stage of the season with one recognised striker, particularly having let three go.

We had three recognised strikers..? I don't think their own mums would have recognised them as strikers1eye.gif

Stop being such an apologist. I fail to understand why it's common sense to pay off disruptive elements of your squad. We must have a disciplinary process like any other business. Warn them, fine them and then dismiss them if they are continually out of line.

It's a poor state of affairs to be at this stage of the season with one recognised striker, particularly having let three go.

If Lennon pulls a rabbit out of the hat then well done to him but as each day goes by the prospect becomes less likely.

Sorry DL but the 3 strikers scored 10 goals between them.A good striker must be looking at 15 a season playing for St Mirren.

Guest somner9

Watt is not the only young Celtic forward we are inquiring aboutwhistling.gif

I think it case of which one comes rather than if.

I'll Pm you later Re: doubreyferkins when Lennzo has finished giving them all a rub down

Ermm......Posted Image .

Sigh! Well one rather obvious advantage (at least obvious to me) is that you remove the problem person immediately rather than having them hang around like a bad smell infecting everything and everyone for months while you fanny around with disciplinary procedures and written warnings.

Or maybe it's just a negative mindset which was the problem which is NOT a disciplinary offence but highly damaging in a team environment.

Either way, clearly Danny felt that the problems were severe enough to warrant paying off two players a year early. The fact he was prepared to do this and leave himself with just two strikers risking his own livelihood, tell me the problem must have been severe.

All of that is just commonsense to me.

If the issue was so severe then you would think we'd have heard about its through the grapevine. All we heard was that Imrie can be a moody bastard (which we knew before we bought him) and Guy had told Tommy Craig to f**k off. Even if they were negative behind the scenes they're all big boys FFS and should be able to deal with that. No need for the club to waste any money moving them on.

However you want to play this out getting rid of three strikers and having nothing lined up is a stupid move.

Sorry DL but the 3 strikers scored 10 goals between them.A good striker must be looking at 15 a season playing for St Mirren.

Their goals return was poor but it's still better than nothing.

Just out of curiosity, how many 15 goal a season strikers have we had in our last 20 top flight seasons? Thommo, Higdon?, Chalmers? & Somner.

Calling all stattos!

Just out of curiosity, how many 15 goal a season strikers have we had in our last 20 top flight seasons? Thommo, Higdon?, Chalmers? & Somner.

Calling all stattos!

Sutton hit 13, closest I can think of.

Guest somner9

Fair enough, but you get the point.

I don't other than like most saints I'm dissapointed we didn't start the season with a decent forward partner/back-up for Thommo. Although by shifting those three a bit more wage has been freed up to pay someone who kicks/headers/arses the ball through the three sticks on a semi regular basis.

frusrtrating as it was for Imrie, Guy etc to not workout, they were getting paid to warm the bench. Parkin couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo!

If the issue was so severe then you would think we'd have heard about its through the grapevine. All we heard was that Imrie can be a moody bastard (which we knew before we bought him) and Guy had told Tommy Craig to f**k off. Even if they were negative behind the scenes they're all big boys FFS and should be able to deal with that. No need for the club to waste any money moving them on.

And maybe if these guys had netted 20 goals between them we wouldn't be having this conversation.

How many did they score combined last season in all competitions?

Calling all stattos!

15 is nonsense but they certainly need to be scoring more than 5. a season for the amount of money we are paying them.

15 is nonsense but they certainly need to be scoring more than 5. a season for the amount of money we are paying them.

I would agree that I'd like more than 5 goals from my strikers but if you look around the league you'll see most teams are in the same boat. One main striker scoring the bulk of their goals (Griffiths, McGinn, Russell etc.) whilst their "secondary" strikers pitch in with a handful, generally less than 10.

However, this is a sideshow to the main debate which is that Lennon should not have released three strikers with no suitable replacements lined up and we're struggling right now as a result with the "doomsday scenario" of an injury to Thommo lurking in the background.

I would agree that I'd like more than 5 goals from my strikers but if you look around the league you'll see most teams are in the same boat. One main striker scoring the bulk of their goals (Griffiths, McGinn, Russell etc.) whilst their "secondary" strikers pitch in with a handful, generally less than 10.

However, this is a sideshow to the main debate which is that Lennon should not have released three strikers with no suitable replacements lined up and we're struggling right now as a result with the "doomsday scenario" of an injury to Thommo lurking in the background.

The only problem you've got here is that you're too quick to jump in with theis panic nonsense.

Why can't you just fecking WAIT and see what happens once the transfer window has shut?

THEN maybe we can all indulge in a bit of teeth gnashing.

The only problem you've got here is that you're too quick to jump in with theis panic nonsense.

Why can't you just fecking WAIT and see what happens once the transfer window has shut?

THEN maybe we can all indulge in a bit of teeth gnashing.

My sentiments exactly. There is a time and place for knickerwetting but after 2 competitive games this is not the time.

Look guys, I call it voicing concern, you call it teeth gnashing and knickerwetting. Whatever.

One point we should all be agreed on is that we're going to seriously struggle if we don't sign some players before the window closes.

You're in the camp that days Lennon should have until the end of the window, I think he should have addressed the fundamental issues before the start of the season.

Let's see how it plays out between now and the end of August. I genuinely hope I'm wrong to be concerned but we've got a couple of big games coming up and we could be doing with decent, morale boosting results.

One point we should all be agreed on is that we're going to seriously struggle if we don't sign some players before the window closes.

Sorry but I'm not going to agree on that at all.

I have absolutely no idea how we'll fare but I'm willing to wait and see!!!

Sorry but I'm not going to agree on that at all.

I have absolutely no idea how we'll fare but I'm willing to wait and see!!!

Ok, that's your view and it's not going to change, however, the evidence of last season's league struggles and our early season form would suggest you won't need wait too long if reinforcements aren't forthcoming.

Watt has become less likely the longer Celtic go without signing a striker. However he has not had loads of game time and I would not discount it completely a young striker coming from Celtic.

On the rather sell him that seems unlikely as he is currently reported to be on £7k per week. Only the upper Championship sides are going to match that for a relatively untried striker (who has scored in the CL I know). And what kind of asking price would they be looking at. Sounds all very unlikely