Bt Sport On Virgin Media

Master Yoda

Not to start with. I checked on BTsport website. I wonder if Sky got in there first and got an exclusive deal with BT to keep Virgin out ?

Would imagine Virgin will come up with something. As part of the XL package ESPN is free, as BT have bought the British side of ESPN they will no longer be able to promote XL with any sport channel incentives. Cant see Branson sitting back doing nothing. Virgin already lose out on Sky Atlantic as well as having only 2 Sky Sports HD channels, if they lose out on BT Sports I may well be tempted to get Sky. Must be thousands thinking this way too.

ESPN Classic is running a streamer on-screen saying it stops broadcasting tomorrow.

Edited as just noticed this on VirginMedia site:

From midnight on 31 July 2013, viewers will no longer be able to watch ESPN America and ESPN Classic with any of the UK’s TV providers, including Virgin Media.

What’s more, BT now owns the ESPN and ESPN HD channels, so you’ll only be able to watch this content on Virgin Media until 31 July 2013. We’re currently talking to BT about showing these channels after this date. We’ll keep you up to date as soon as we have any developments. Keep an eye on this page virginmedia.com/btsports

Looks like a last minute deal if any deal at all.

Edited by rabuddies

ESPN Classic is running a streamer on-screen saying it stops broadcasting tomorrow. 

Edited as just noticed this on VirginMedia site:

Looks like a last minute deal if any deal at all.

Thats crap about espn america as it was good to watch baseball on

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Black & White Army mobile app

Activated my card yesterday.

If you have BT Broadband/Sky TV it cost feck all smile.png

I tried to switch from Virginmedia to BT Broadband but it would mean changing my E-Maill address which I need to keep for business reasons . I'm not paying a £15 connection fee on sky and a £12 monthly subscription , so they can blow it out their arse !

Sky have been promising to fit their gear in the exchange up here for years, promised me ABSOLUTELY it would be done inside 6 months when I switched from TalkTalk last December. No change......lying b******s...I should have known better. I wrote to them last week telling them I am out of their Broadband /Phone as soon as I can because they told porkies again, their broadband is shit, always freezing, slow downloads,and no way will I pay for BT Sport.

I will be off to BT for broadband/Phone asap and get the sport for free.

ETA....The halfwits still haven't replied....Customer Service my arse.

Edited by thomsons dropped it

BT and Virgin are close to a deal apparently. However BT and Sky aren't best of pals. Sky really see BT as the first serious threat to their business and you can't call Sky to get the BT channels put on, you have to phone BT.

They also don't let BT to advertise on it's channels (whereas ESPN did). BT have now sponsored Glasgow and Edinburgh rugby who won't appear on their channel- they play in the Pro12, a league that is on BBC/Sky/S4C (and Sky were triumphant about it after BT took English rugby rights) and Heineken Cup which is also on Sky! It's a bit of ambush marketing.

Sky are a bit more pally with Virgin these days- they gave Virgin £49million to use their network for the internet and so Virgin get a better deal for TV channels. Wouldn't expect more premium channels such as HD sports or Sky Atlantic to appear, but you never know.

BT and Virgin are close to a deal apparently.

Curiouser and curiouser. I just phoned Virgin to add voicemail to my phone and they knocked £2 odd of my monthly bill and upgraded my broadband to 60Mbs for free. I was wondering if this was a sweetener prior to my losing ESPN?

I just upgraded to the virgin media VIP package.

So I now have all the movie channels plus have been upgraded to the HD sports channels, bar BT of course.

Costing me an extra £3,but that will be offset by all my phone calls being free now.

Got a new Tivo box and the new super hub 2 upgrade for my 100mb broadband.

Didn't need the new Tivo box, especially since they wanted £50 installation fee. However, they phoned me back and offered to install it for hee haw, since I was such a good customer.

It would be good if BT and VM arranged a deal, but I won't lose too much sleep over it, if they don't.

I just upgraded to the virgin media VIP package.

So I now have all the movie channels plus have been upgraded to the HD sports channels, bar BT of course.

Costing me an extra £3,but that will be offset by all my phone calls being free now.

Got a new Tivo box and the new super hub 2 upgrade for my 100mb broadband.

Didn't need the new Tivo box, especially since they wanted £50 installation fee. However, they phoned me back and offered to install it for hee haw, since I was such a good customer.

It would be good if BT and VM arranged a deal, but I won't lose too much sleep over it, if they don't.

I can't get Tivo either 'cos there's no cabling in our street. House is 108 years old and apparently so is the pavement ! I took the virgin broadband and mobile deal but had to go for Sky too ! :-(

I can't get Tivo either 'cos there's no cabling in our street. House is 108 years old and apparently so is the pavement ! I took the virgin broadband and mobile deal but had to go for Sky too ! :-(

To be fair, unless you do loads of recording of programmes, your HD+ box should work just as well as your Tivo.

Hmmm... ESPN would be the 2nd channel Virgin have stopped showing in my XL package since I took it several years ago (Setanta too actually). Maybe I should ring them up for a spot of contract renegotiation as well... They've just put my bill up and increased my mobile tariff by 2.5% just weeks after I renewed it... c*nts !!!

Hmmm... ESPN would be the 2nd channel Virgin have stopped showing in my XL package since I took it several years ago (Setanta too actually). Maybe I should ring them up for a spot of contract renegotiation as well... They've just put my bill up and increased my mobile tariff by 2.5% just weeks after I renewed it... c*nts !!!

I am seriously looking into other options but, going through the packages with similar access, it seems that it would need to be a promotional deal to beat virgin.

Perhaps others know different

you CAN get it on sky,need to get the card activated and you will be charged

Lets simplify it as I see you skip reading too fast to understand what's been written. To get BT sport you need to call BT with your sky or virgin number. You can not phone ether sky or Virgin to have BT sport activated. Hope that's clear enough with no back trackingwhistling.gif

Would imagine Virgin will come up with something. As part of the XL package ESPN is free, as BT have bought the British side of ESPN they will no longer be able to promote XL with any sport channel incentives. Cant see Branson sitting back doing nothing. Virgin already lose out on Sky Atlantic as well as having only 2 Sky Sports HD channels, if they lose out on BT Sports I may well be tempted to get Sky. Must be thousands thinking this way too.

He sold it , the Sherman tanks own it now. .