It Comes Out Of Nothing

insaintee

No one predicted a win against Celtic in the League cup semifinal. No one predicted a 2-1 win against oldco on one chirstmas eve, or a thrashing for Mowberry's Celtic.

When the turnaround comes it won't be herald by top tipsters, It will just happen, be ready

ffs, head in the clouds if you think there will be a turn around.

No one predicted a win against Celtic in the League cup semifinal. No one predicted a 2-1 win against oldco on one chirstmas eve, or a thrashing for Mowberry's Celtic.

When the turnaround comes it won't be herald by top tipsters, It will just happen, be ready

It'll happen when nobody is expecting it.

Always happens like that.

That's why it's just not worth having your week ruined over bad results.

None of those games heralded a turnaround - we didnt win for 5 or 6 games after the oldco victory, havent won at home since the semi final in the league etc etc.

When the turnaround comes it won't be herald by top tipsters,  It will just happen, be ready

Surely you mean nobody saw the pasting table, wallpaper or had any idea cracks were in danger of being hidden for a bit.

Surely you mean nobody saw the pasting table, wallpaper or had any idea cracks were in danger of being hidden for a bit.

Seriously WTF are you talking about.

Every single professional football club in the world comes under that banner of wallpapering over the cracks.

Those cracks are either performance or financial based but they are huge cracks nonetheless.

If you want to be miserable and look for nothing other than cracks then cracks is all you'll ever see.

Choose life!

Things that I'd say count as positive 'turnarounds' for Saints in the past 15 years or so: fending off the Reg Brealey takeover, the Shuggie goal at Stirling, the appointment of Tom Hendrie, the sacking of John Coughlin, the appointment of Gus McPherson, the same-day signing of Charlie Adam and John Sutton, the 3-2 win at Motherwell, the signing of Stevie Thompson.

That's not many, IMO; I don't think any other individual events have really provided a significant upturn in fortunes. It's a bizarre state of affairs. You'll also notice only two of the above happened while we were in the top flight.

It feels to me like these things happen to other teams. Look at Dundee United in 2000/2001. Down and out; we were looking safe. Yet they mustered a fightback and sent us down.
I don't want us to be the club that can only muster a bit of fight when we've been relegated.

Things that I'd say count as positive 'turnarounds' for Saints in the past 15 years or so: fending off the Reg Brealey takeover, the Shuggie goal at Stirling, the appointment of Tom Hendrie, the sacking of John Coughlin, the appointment of Gus McPherson, the same-day signing of Charlie Adam and John Sutton, the 3-2 win at Motherwell, the signing of Stevie Thompson.

The appointment of Danny Lennon brought our highest Spl finish and a national trophy. I'm sure you'll see sense in a few years

The appointment of Danny Lennon brought our highest Spl finish and a national trophy. I'm sure you'll see sense in a few years

Was it not possible to add that to my list without acting the sarky f**ker?

I probably should have included Danny's appointment and the LC win, though I was talking about events that cause a step change in fortunes/direction. I personally feel that it was Thommo's signing (by Danny, admittedly) that brought the cascade of players that were capable of a decent cup run, and it could be argued that he'd have come to the club regardless of who was in charge.

Was it not possible to add that to my list without acting the sarky f**ker?

I probably should have included Danny's appointment and the LC win, though I was talking about events that cause a step change in fortunes/direction. I personally feel that it was Thommo's signing (by Danny, admittedly) that brought the cascade of players that were capable of a decent cup run, and it could be argued that he'd have come to the club regardless of who was in charge.

Why would I add it to your list? It's your list. Obviously at this point in time your blinded but I'm sure in a few years you'll be able to add young dan to your lovely list.