The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to help you Stuart.

Seriously.

I'd like to help you afford the annual fee for membership of cupid.com

I'll even write your profile for you seeing as how you admit to being inarticulate.

You need a woman.

You may even need a man.

You certainly need someone.

Is the following OK as a profile stab?

"Venomous, poisonous c**t seeks similar for a life of brooding hatred of everything with a pulse and a substantial list of things without a pulse. Looks and age unimportant. Blackness of attitude and bleakness of outlook on life essential. Unquestioning obedience required as is healthy bout of hero worshipping at my feet. Must passionately hate Stewart Gilmour. Knowledge of Stewart Gilmour not important as full training will be given. GSOH optional. No cuddlers or time wasters please. No hoofs please although full body hair might be acceptable under certain conditions."

Aw shucks, thanks for that Oaksoft.

Unfortunately I'm not looking for any assistance right now having got myself a new girlfriend some time ago. She's a quick learner though. Within days of meeting me she didn't like Stewart Gilmour either.

The British voter won't allow it?

How exactly are they going to perform that miracle?

By voting UKIP?

Because that's the only party loopy enough to actually stick to their guns on no CU.

Good luck with that BTW. Not a racist party at all. What was it that Asian woman was called again a couple of days ago by one of their lovely members?

FFS

The back door privatisation of the NHS is not a scare story, it's a fact.

Good god, even the BBC covered it on last night's news.

It's not an independence story per se, it's a national story.

It just so happens that this is what the UK government is doing, and it's a very good example of why most people want Independence.

The Scots by and large would choose to raise and spend their money in a different way than Westminster would.

Simples.

Hello Bobby. Well done on being the first Nationalist to admit that an Independent Scotland would "raise taxes". We've all known this ofcourse but the Natsi's don't seem to think that would be a referendum winner for them. I do need to take issue with you though. The last poll I saw showed that only 38% of Scots wanted Independence - hardly the "vast majority" you are claiming.

The NHS has always used private contractors. Every single GP Practice in the UK is a private business including the ones in Scotland. The vast majority of dentists in Scotland are private practices - even the ones that take on NHS patients. In a more recent development launched by the SNP whilst in Scottish Government NHS Scotland has even started to push patients to their pharmacy to get advise on a large number of minor ailments. Pharmacies are of course private businesses.

It's a bizarre battle ground for the SNP to fight on. They've been privatising bits of the Scottish NHS for all of the last 7 years they've been in government. They've also been privatising schools and roads as well using the Scottish Futures Trust as cover. Independence wouldn't save Scotland from seeing public services privatised. There's not one political party in Scotland who wouldn't do it, and there's certainly no attempt by any of the parties to renationalise the bits that are currently being run by private contractors.

The British voter won't allow it?

How exactly are they going to perform that miracle?

By voting UKIP?

Because that's the only party loopy enough to actually stick to their guns on no CU.

Good luck with that BTW. Not a racist party at all. What was it that Asian woman was called again a couple of days ago by one of their lovely members?

Oh dear. Oaksoft really has lost it. I have visions of him now sitting gibbering in a corner, crying uncontrollably.

I thought Scientists were supposed to examine the evidence. All of the evidence - whether you want to talk about political parties, the Eurozone, or even the comments from Mark Carney of the Bank Of England - suggest that currency union is not going to happen. Can you imagine Oaksoft at work trying to get a drug approved despite failing to treat any of the medical conditions it's supposed to - just because he has had a "gut feeling" about it?

We live among the weird.

Used to be Sellik fans were rabid Irish nationalists, pro IRA and Free Ireland dudes.

Now it seems, they've aw turned to everything Scottish and crying out and waving flags for the Independance of Caledonia.

Mixed up f**kwits.

EUROPE RULES OUR WAVES AND ALWAYS WILL

Edited by shull

This thread seems to be made now of Stuart Dickson versus his aliases. I can see Stuart now, shouting at the keyboard as he goes all gollum style then smeigel type

300 odd pages, the yes's are still yes's and the no's are still no's. Everyone is a lot angrier now than they were 100 pages ago proposals area til. Not being accepted by both sides.

There also appears to be only one 'natsi' on here who is forcing his opinions on others constantly without considering other opinions, Stuart Dickson.

Is it true, Stuart, when someone asks you your name you have to reiterate that it's "dick with a ck, you know, like a knob"

Do you want your main Wheelie Bin emptied weekly ?

Forget it.

Europe says naw.

And there's hee haw Councils, Independent Scotland or the United Kingdom can do about it.

As for more important issues, we'll dae whit we're telt.

Get used to it.

THIS TOPIC CAN NOW BE EXTERMINATED

We live among the weird.

Used to be Sellik fans were rabid Irish nationalists, pro IRA and Free Ireland dudes.

Now it seems, they've aw turned to everything Scottish and crying out and waving flags for the Independance of Caledonia.

Mixed up f**kwits.

EUROPE RULES OUR WAVES AND ALWAYS WILL

I've got to say I agree with you Shull. We used to laugh at the Rangers fans for the re-invoking of 1690 every Saturday but yesterday the First Minister was in Arbroath trying to re-invoke 1320 and that comes on top of the re-enactment of the Battle of Bannockburn - 1314 - and a load of shit about William Wallace who died in 1305, and whose one big moment in history was in 1297. It's highly cringe worthy and it's clear form the polls that the more the Nationalists try to do this, the more Scots feel British.

This thread seems to be made now of Stuart Dickson versus his aliases. I can see Stuart now, shouting at the keyboard as he goes all gollum style then smeigel type

300 odd pages, the yes's are still yes's and the no's are still no's. Everyone is a lot angrier now than they were 100 pages ago proposals area til. Not being accepted by both sides.

There also appears to be only one 'natsi' on here who is forcing his opinions on others constantly without considering other opinions, Stuart Dickson.

Is it true, Stuart, when someone asks you your name you have to reiterate that it's "dick with a ck, you know, like a knob"

On the above "word" I see BT have themselves today admitted that it's use in the referendum debate is unacceptable so perhaps the main culprit on here will now stop using it.

I've got to say I agree with you Shull. We used to laugh at the Rangers fans for the re-invoking of 1690 every Saturday but yesterday the First Minister was in Arbroath trying to re-invoke 1320 and that comes on top of the re-enactment of the Battle of Bannockburn - 1314 - and a load of shit about William Wallace who died in 1305, and whose one big moment in history was in 1297. It's highly cringe worthy and it's clear form the polls that the more the Nationalists try to do this, the more Scots feel British.

Difference is that the Boyne was never / never will be in Scotland!

Blah, blah, blah <snip.

We also know from recent polls that actually Independence is likely to have a different effect - with 750,000 Scots saying they would leave Scotland if Scotland were to become independent. I guess you better hope all of those people are pensioners and not workers. rolleyes.gif

As long as you are one of them we have hope!

750,000 utter fantasy! there aren't that many The Rangers fans Unionists out there!

I'm a yes voter and want Faslane to go but there is a bit of misconception regarding that base. We have three subs in rotation. One sub will be in Faslane base. Another sub is hidden somewhere in the deep oceans with missile. Another sub will take over from the hidden sub again with missiles. The Sub hidden in the sea will then return to America to off load the nuke missiles before going back to Faslane

At no time are there nuclear weapons on the subs when they return to Faslane. The missiles are stored in America on a - On Off bases rotation with the three subs we rent the missiles we don't own them.

So what is Coulport then?

Blah, blah Blah <snip.

The last poll I saw showed that only 38% of Scots wanted Independence - hardly the "vast majority" you are claiming.

What would you say if I told you the fact that some of these 'pollsters' are that lazy, they just contact the same people again and again for their opinion, even knowing that opinion is set in stone. Would you think that was a representative poll?...

You my boy, are in for a shock come 18th Sep 2014 bye1.gif

Oh dear. Oaksoft really has lost it. I have visions of him now sitting gibbering in a corner, crying uncontrollably.

I thought Scientists were supposed to examine the evidence. All of the evidence - whether you want to talk about political parties, the Eurozone, or even the comments from Mark Carney of the Bank Of England - suggest that currency union is not going to happen. Can you imagine Oaksoft at work trying to get a drug approved despite failing to treat any of the medical conditions it's supposed to - just because he has had a "gut feeling" about it?

Political posturing is all it is. Why would Westminster want to punish Scotland AND rUK?

Edited by Vambo57

Difference is that the Boyne was never / never will be in Scotland!

Scottish peepil were singing about guarding Londonderry's Walls at a Scottish Football match last night.

These peepil added on to the bigot f**kwits from Sellik are the majority in this Country.

Thank f**k Europe is running the Show here and not ' scottish ' people.

I wish Europe wid remove the 2 Football Clubs though.

Political posturing is all it is. Why would Westminster want to punish Scotland AND rUK?

What you fail to understand is that they wouldn't be. They would be protecting Sterling retaining sovereignty for the population of the UK which is the fundamental reason why Westminster has never been keen to join the Eurozone. As Bluto has stated the electorate in the rest of the UK would never accept a currency union with Scotland - and to be perfectly fair about this the people of Scotland should also be booting this idea into touch as well. It's an ill thought out political policy that we will all just have to hope never becomes reality.

Hello Bobby. Well done on being the first Nationalist to admit that an Independent Scotland would "raise taxes". We've all known this ofcourse but the Natsi's don't seem to think that would be a referendum winner for them. I do need to take issue with you though. The last poll I saw showed that only 38% of Scots wanted Independence - hardly the "vast majority" you are claiming.

All governments 'raise' taxes. That's where they get their money from.

How they do that differs from nation to nation though, and the fact that you are 'raising' taxes does not mean anything about the overall tax raised - or that the burden of that necessarily has to fall on the people.

If there was no oil in the North Sea, then over the last 40 years the UK would either have had to raise more taxes from the population, spend less, or (heaven forbid) borrow more.

There was oil though, and the money from that had to cover the needs of 60 million people (although, let's face it, it was not even remotely close to evenly spent).

I think even the most dim of people could see that if that money (let's assume only half was in Scottish waters) was spread among, say, 5 million people then it would go an awful lot further. So a new Scottish Government could in theory have a great deal more tax revenue, without needing to take it from the wages of the workers.

On the 38% thing, there are number of reasons people are voting NO, but I doubt many of those NO voters (a large part who will be died-in-the-wool Labour voters) would agree with much of how Westminster chooses to raise and spend the money it collects.

I suspect you knew what I meant on both fronts but were taking alternate meanings to be obtuse.

All governments 'raise' taxes. That's where they get their money from.

How they do that differs from nation to nation though, and the fact that you are 'raising' taxes does not mean anything about the overall tax raised - or that the burden of that necessarily has to fall on the people.

If there was no oil in the North Sea, then over the last 40 years the UK would either have had to raise more taxes from the population, spend less, or (heaven forbid) borrow more.

There was oil though, and the money from that had to cover the needs of 60 million people (although, let's face it, it was not even remotely close to evenly spent).

I think even the most dim of people could see that if that money (let's assume only half was in Scottish waters) was spread among, say, 5 million people then it would go an awful lot further. So a new Scottish Government could in theory have a great deal more tax revenue, without needing to take it from the wages of the workers.

On the 38% thing, there are number of reasons people are voting NO, but I doubt many of those NO voters (a large part who will be died-in-the-wool Labour voters) would agree with much of how Westminster chooses to raise and spend the money it collects.

I suspect you knew what I meant on both fronts but were taking alternate meanings to be obtuse.

No Bobby, all governments COLLECT taxes. Some choose to RAISE them. Some choose to LOWER them. There's no second meaning. It's pretty simple.

And secondly all of the economists that are commentating on the Independence Referendum are saying that Scotland is currently subsidised by the Rest of the UK and has been for the last few years. More money is sent back to Scotland for the Scottish Government to spend than is collected from the Scottish population and from North Sea Oil Revenues. Going back 10 - 14 years - way before the Independence Referendum was ever conceived there was a very good BBC programme on North Sea Oil and what it did for the economy. Back then the figures showed that the roughly balanced.

They also had experts on the documentary who were saying that although there was plenty of oil and gas left in the North Sea - at that point we had extracted something like 50% of the predicted reserves in each field at that point - the problem was that there would eventually become a level where it became uneconomical to extract further meaning oil revenue would start to fall. Over the last two years we have indeed seen oil revenue falling - and more recently we've seen large scale job losses in Aberdeen as Shell and Chevron scale down their operations.

The gamble you are taking is that new oil fields might be discovered in Scottish waters where there is easy to get at oil that would be economical to extract - and you'd have to weigh up those gains with what we really do know exists in Lancashire and huge parts of England in terms of shail gas and what we'd potentially be turning our back on.

No Bobby, all governments COLLECT taxes. Some choose to RAISE them. Some choose to LOWER them. There's no second meaning. It's pretty simple.

And secondly all of the economists that are commentating on the Independence Referendum are saying that Scotland is currently subsidised by the Rest of the UK and has been for the last few years. More money is sent back to Scotland for the Scottish Government to spend than is collected from the Scottish population and from North Sea Oil Revenues. Going back 10 - 14 years - way before the Independence Referendum was ever conceived there was a very good BBC programme on North Sea Oil and what it did for the economy. Back then the figures showed that the roughly balanced.

They also had experts on the documentary who were saying that although there was plenty of oil and gas left in the North Sea - at that point we had extracted something like 50% of the predicted reserves in each field at that point - the problem was that there would eventually become a level where it became uneconomical to extract further meaning oil revenue would start to fall. Over the last two years we have indeed seen oil revenue falling - and more recently we've seen large scale job losses in Aberdeen as Shell and Chevron scale down their operations.

The gamble you are taking is that new oil fields might be discovered in Scottish waters where there is easy to get at oil that would be economical to extract - and you'd have to weigh up those gains with what we really do know exists in Lancashire and huge parts of England in terms of shail gas and what we'd potentially be turning our back on.

Wish I'd stopped reading at the bit where you chose to not understand the meaning of RAISE.

When you behave like that can you expect anyone to take anything else you say seriously?

Phew! Almost forgot who I was talking to there.

Bye!

Guest TPAFKATS

The general secretary of NATO has done an interview with The Times which the bbc are also running with. He states that an independent Scotland would have to apply to join NATO.

No shit Sherlock!

Not sure there's a story there though...

Hardly surprising to see the Nationalist obsession with people's sexuality rearing it's ugly head yet again. Brian Soutar, Gordon Wilson and now Oaksoft. Dear oh dear.

Indeed. I don't know why the Nationalists are obsessed with people's sexuality, it really does make you worry for the future of our country.

Odd isn't it that even though No Campaigners Kathy Wiles and today Yvonne Hama have both been very publically chastised and told that their Nazi comparisons are completely unacceptable our B&W Army forum continues to consider the same quite acceptable ignoring post after post of similar comparisons despite repeated complaints.

Are we really that low we have a different standard to the rest of the country?