The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am extraordinarily happy today Rick. Well if they do have more perception, it will be a resounding YES!

Me and my whole family voted YES this morning. What way did you vote Rick?

I and others have admitted it several times... Get that into your stupid head

Wow! What an angry man...

Yeah, he did say he and 700,000 others would be off

Depends whether The Rangers are playing at the time or not.

Have you never voted before? At my Polling place this morning there were 2 nice smiling YES men and a sad looking No man, but he did mumble Good Morning to me and scared the shit out of me! But I said Good Morning back and a smile cracked across his face. I like to think I brightened up his day, after all were all in this together... aren't we?

I refer you to my reply above

Good question.

I think 16-17 yr olds were given the vote as in the event of a YES vote, they would be 18 when the Scottish General Election comes around. Hopefully we'll get the answer soon!

I drove through Linwood yesterday and was shocked by the number of NO placards. Why is that?

Don't know mate I will ask them if I see them.

...or pay the price!

You are right , everything has a price. .

In the case of Scottish Self-determinism , what that price wont include ; is WMD's ,paying for WMD's and the cost of sending in an army , where it has no right to be per international agreements , to fight an "incursion" (we don't fight wars anymore). .

We, the voters of Scotland, hold our own sovereignty until 10pm tonight. After that, it resorts back to Westminster. If we vote no it stays there. Vote YES, the people are sovereign for the first time ever.

we get a vote at westminster don't we?

we get a vote at holyrood don't we? Was it not holyrood that led to the referendum

you've been listening to jim sillars a bit too much :lol:

On lunch break now, been a long day campaigning so far knocking doors and manning the station, but got a really good feeling.

Plenty of winks and nods as people leaving the booth, along with a decent more visible support. Our silent majority of No are certainly mobilised in Johnstone Castle :)

Turn out is awesome. In my particular polling area there were 600 odd votes total for the last Euro election. There's already over 1000, and that's not counting postal votes.

Edited by TopCat

I fear it wont be the only "arrest"...................................thumbdown.gif

Especially if it all goes NO tomorrow.

I honestly take no pleasure from the fact it was a YES supporter.

There have been underlying statements made and it's no surprise that it has happened.

While I was "jesting" earlier (Take note Vambo) my daughter was concerned, hence the reason she's traveling with us tonight.

I will look forward to any "banter" as I go to vote bit I will not accept anything approaching threatening behaviour to me or my family.

Guest TPAFKATS

we get a vote at westminster don't we?

we get a vote at holyrood don't we? Was it not holyrood that led to the referendum

you've been listening to jim sillars a bit too much :lol:

They still hold sovereignty in the parliament at Westminster.

Kinda the opposite of we the people.

On lunch break now, been a long day campaigning so far knocking doors and manning the station, but got a really good feeling.

Plenty of winks and nods as people leaving the booth, along with a decent more visible support. Our silent majority of No are certainly mobilised in Johnstone Castle :)

Turn out is awesome. In my particular polling area there were 600 odd votes total for the last Euro election. There's already over 1000, and that's not counting postal votes.

Have you got the pampers ready as you are going to have to wear them from tomorrow morning :)

I fear it wont be the only "arrest"...................................thumbdown.gif

Especially if it all goes NO tomorrow.

I honestly take no pleasure from the fact it was a YES supporter.

There have been underlying statements made and it's no surprise that it has happened.

While I was "jesting" earlier (Take note Vambo) my daughter was concerned, hence the reason she's traveling with us tonight.

I will look forward to any "banter" as I go to vote bit I will not accept anything approaching threatening behaviour to me or my family.

What a Fearty!

I see the Yes Campaign has felt the need to publish instructions on how to vote. Use the wax pencil in the booth, don't write braveheart slogans on the paper, don't take photos in the polling centre cause it's illegal, dont wear your yes flag and my favorite don't intimidate other voters.

I went in early this morning. I took my paper over to the little stand to do my vote and on the little shelf you use to sit you paper on was written "FREEEEEDDDOOMM!" and "Alistair Darling gives good head".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxw4UJ-CYAIztw_.jpg:large

Bitter Together supporters, nazi saluting in front of the cenotaph at George square. I hope they were the ones thinking about leaving our country come a yes vote. Scum to the core.

That's the same picture Tony S posted. As I said...

Those arms aren't even in the proper "Nazi Salute" position!

There are four people in that picture - so far as I can see - with their arms raised. They could be waving at their pals across the road, or they could be conducting a vote for all we know from that picture. Perhaps they are making an attempt at some sort of salute but if it is supposed to be a Nazi salute they're getting it horribly wrong. You see, when you perform a Nazi salute your right arm is supposed to be extended at roughly 45° and your hand should be at roughly just above eye level. The guy at the back of the photo has his arm straight in the air which would be a very strange version of a Nazi salute indeed. It is difficult to make out in the image but it even looks like one of those arms that is raised is a left arm. Lets face it though, it wouldn't be the first time that the Natsi campaign has attempted to misrepresent events with a photo.

Well said.

I think I'll play this game............................

My self, wife, son & daughter all going to vote together tonight.

Feel safer in a group, don't want the skirt wearing hordes to intimidate us.

Oh, another 4 NO votes.

That only leaves 1,714,126 (© E=Mc2) and the party is well and truly over. lol.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

I've been out at Hampden Park this afternoon signing players for WWW, but my son reports that while I was away a Blue Shirted weirdo chapped at my door to check that I voted. He asked for me personally by name and wasn't interested in my two sons. Now I have concluded that either the Yes Campaign have me down as one of them, or this was the start of the Natsi Gestapo compiling their list for the " Day Of Reckoning".

Oh no the world is coming to an end, Yes campaigners are handing out free T shirts, badges, hats and EVEN foam fingers.

Why did I ever consider voting yes. lol.gif

I don't know why did you? Was it because of your deep hatred of the English and the Welsh? Do you feel inferior to other parts of the United Kingdom and feel the best way is to bang on about how "they did this to us" and whip yourself and your fellow Natsi Boot Boys into a frenzy of hatred and burn Union Flags on sites of former battlefields, wear kilts and put pictures of William Wallace, Robert the Bruce and Bonnie Prince Charlie on your walls and shout "FRREEEDDUUUMMM" every time you hear an English accent?