Adam Campbell

pod

Carey suffered last season from the Dummett deal. Arguably Teale suffered this season to accommodate Newton once Goodwin was moved into midfield.

Does it matter if individual players suffer if the players brought in to replace them are better and the team gets better results?

Carey is actually a left sided midfielder and the guy who really replaced him on the left was Goncalves. I don't really believe that anyone can argue that Carey would have done a better job than Goncalves or Dummett. He's just not in the same league.

And results have improved since Newton went to right midfield, giving the right hand side of the defence more protection, allowing Goodwin back into midfield, meaning the more defensive midfield allows McLean & McGowan more freedom to attack.

Some players suffer, it helps others. If results improve then that is all that matters!

Carey is actually a left sided midfielder and the guy who really replaced him on the left was Goncalves. I don't really believe that anyone can argue that Carey would have done a better job than Goncalves or Dummett. He's just not in the same league.

It's rare on here you see someone realise that Isma rarely played as a striker for us. I guess having another striker (has Bahoken done much of anything so far?!) would give us the option of 4-4-2, but the way we play, by default, does not allow for that. If anything, 4-4-2 would shunt out Gowser, and we've all seen what happens when he's played out of position/not played.

Good news but thought no one can play for 3 clubs in one season . He has already played for Carlisle and Newcastle. Does the rule just apply to actual transfers ?

I'm pretty sure this question has been covered on here before and it was concluded that he could sign on loan for us in January.

Good news but thought no one can play for 3 clubs in one season . He has already played for Carlisle and Newcastle. Does the rule just apply to actual transfers ?

It's something to do with the calendar year, Since January 2013 he has played for two clubs so he can't move until January 2014 again which will free him up to play for us. Or something like that

Canny be official yet...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Campbell_(footballer_born_1995)

That would mean that the internet was wrong, and that NEVER happens. Just look at this forum for example...

Welcome, wee man. We've got a great affinity with ginger Geordies. Start banging them in and you’ll be a Black and White legend before ye know it, ye knaw, like…?

Who's to say Thommo will stay on after the end of this season?

I'd be surprised if Thommo went anywhere, after all why would he?

He came to us when he was a few years younger and had other better offers. No disrespect, I doubt they would be queuing up now but more importantly I believe he's quite content to finish his career with St Mirren, and that's a nice prospect.

He came to us when he was a few years younger and had other better offers. No disrespect, I doubt they would be queuing up now but more importantly I believe he's quite content to finish his career with St Mirren, and that's a nice prospect.

Wasn't meaning he would leave, more that I can see him retiring at the end of this season.

Finish his playing career and then begin his managerial career as Danny Lennon's replacement next season.