Partick Thistle V St Mirren Top League 9/11/13

shull

Why is everyone so confident they havent won at home in 18months you just know that will come to an end today its what we do best.

we are going to get a man sent off today and get well pumped mark my words .

just wait for the implosion in the second half .According to thistle fan we are f**king chronic his words not mine.

You just couldnae make it up. lol.gif1eye.giflol.gif

That's as poor as I've seen Paul McGowan play...his and Newton's first touch were woeful. Which was in sharp contrast to McGinn and McLean who were excellent. Steven Thompson is simply "God".

Saints were dire on the ball today, hardly surprising since 1/2 of our 4 attacking mid's were having shockers.

Defensively though we were spot on. Naismith and Kelly, aided by Newton and McGinn in front of them nullified the Thistle full backs forward runs and cut out the diagonal balls towards them. It was those diagonals which tore us apart in the reverse fixture. That then forced Thistle to play through the middle, through Goodwin and 2 centre halves. They just didn't have the creativity to unlock the defence. Their strength and quality is in the wider areas, and if that is nullified their attack looks very toothless. Well done to the manager and players for that.

Great to see Saints better defensively, and win ugly for a change. Just hope for as good a performance next week, as we had in the abandoned game.

That's as poor as I've seen Paul McGowan play...his and Newton's first touch were woeful. Which was in sharp contrast to McGinn and McLean who were excellent. Steven Thompson is simply "God".

Saints were dire on the ball today, hardly surprising since 1/2 of our 4 attacking mid's were having shockers.

Defensively though we were spot on. Naismith and Kelly, aided by Newton and McGinn in front of them nullified the Thistle full backs forward runs and cut out the diagonal balls towards them. It was those diagonals which tore us apart in the reverse fixture. That then forced Thistle to play through the middle, through Goodwin and 2 centre halves. They just didn't have the creativity to unlock the defence. Their strength and quality is in the wider areas, and if that is nullified their attack looks very toothless. Well done to the manager and players for that.

Great to see Saints better defensively, and win ugly for a change. Just hope for as good a performance next week, as we had in the abandoned game.

Danny gets his tactics spot on by the sounds of it. SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPs

Edited by Kendo

Hearts aren't an issue, too far behind.

Its the play off place we need to avoid.

However, at this rate, we'll be heading for a top 6 finish.

Its brilliant how things have improved since Lennon took on board the tactical and line up changes I recommended.

That is quite correct, the improvement in results is because Lennon stopped us playing football the proper way just in time - let's hope it's a lesson well learned!

Thistle seem to be playing football "the proper way" and it got them a 3 goal drubbing today and we could well overtake them next weekend, playing football "our way"

Great fantastic result today, I will go to my beach bonfire/fireworks display/booze up at 7.15 in a very happy frame of mind......could have done with Hearts losing mind you!