St Mirren V Qots Scottish Cup Round 4 Replay

Lex

I would have though that a super supporter like yourself would find the fact that you are "keeping the club alive" as reward enough in itselfPosted Image

As I've already mentioned, I had a ST for years, and never once resented any pay at the gate discount scheme.  To suggest that you are being screwed by this is utterly laughable.

the above can be used for both sides of the argument. It's a silly argument when ST holders moan about discounted tickets for non ST holders and a silly argument now there is a discount for ST holders.

Again this forum is being used to whip up negativity toward's our club when it is actually doing something positive, if you have a grievance contact the club don't come on here and stir up rubbish. As pointed out it is cheaper than the first game, it will be in a better stadium than the first game, it's on a grass pitch (more expensive to upkeep). Pay or don't pay but don't give the mudslingers on here more ammunition.

Just my opinion.

the above can be used for both sides of the argument. It's a silly argument when ST holders moan about discounted tickets for non ST holders and a silly argument now there is a discount for ST holders.

Again this forum is being used to whip up negativity toward's our club when it is actually doing something positive, if you have a grievance contact the club don't come on here and stir up rubbish. As pointed out it is cheaper than the first game, it will be in a better stadium than the first game, it's on a grass pitch (more expensive to upkeep). Pay or don't pay but don't give the mudslingers on here more ammunition.

Just my opinion.

Just your opinion? Interesting that you point that out having just taken issue with me expressing mine.

As for your dig that I'm stirring up rubbish, no-one is obliging you to read it. I have pointed out that it is my view that the club have scored an OG here by potentially alienating a section of supporters. This is an unofficial football forum, FFS. If you can point me to where exactly I've violated the forum T&Cs in posting what I have, then I might be more inclined to believe that you have any valid point to make.

Finally, don't presume to know what other representations I might have made elsewhere in respect of this matter.

Edited by Drew

Being a season ticket holder, I think it's a good idea, however I can't go as i'll be at sea. I fully understand people can't afford to pay a lump sum at the start of the season or prefer just paying as they go.

It'd be a nice idea to roll out across the division, even if 6 clubs agree to it, I'd imagine they'd be an uplift of season tickets if not away support for the fixtures. It would have certainly made this year's trips to Dingwall, and Inverness that bit more bearable

It really is sad that this debate is still going on.

We really do shoot ourselves in the foot.

Would it have been better if the club had sold season tickets allowing holders into ALL Cup games free and charged all non-season ticket holders £20 for replays.

As regards the comment from Drew, yes I am a pensioner, sorry if that causes a problem. I have been attending Saints matches for over 50 years.

It really is sad that this debate is still going on.

We really do shoot ourselves in the foot.

Would it have been better if the club had sold season tickets allowing holders into ALL Cup games free and charged all non-season ticket holders £20 for replays.

As regards the comment from Drew, yes I am a pensioner, sorry if that causes a problem. I have been attending Saints matches for over 50 years.

What has being a pensioner got to do with anything, and what comment are you referring to?

What has being a pensioner got to do with anything, and what comment are you referring to?

Hes referring to me:

I commented on the fact that hes was blabbering on about how fair the pricing was & defending the fact that oppo fans can get in cheaper than home fans. when all along its the old I`m alright Jack attitude from him who is getting in cheaper than just about any other adult ! (£5)

Hes referring to me:

I commented on the fact that hes was blabbering on about how fair the pricing was & defending the fact that oppo fans can get in cheaper than home fans. when all along its the old I`m alright Jack attitude from him who is getting in cheaper than just about any other adult ! (£5)

Who's Jack?

No . Never have . Could you explain how you got that idea. 

just that you said 'paying £10 despite having already paid £16 to get in at Dumfries'. Think it was the word despite that made me think you felt the people that were at the first game were being badly done by. Think I've misinterpreted you.

Btw, Just to let you all know ,i couldnt give a toss now coz a very generous ST holder has offered to get me reduced price ticket , an offer which i have of course accepted !! Many thanks for that .thumbup2.gif

& Also , as expected , no reply from the club regarding my gripe . No surprise there.

& Finally, for those who think im moaning about our ST fans getting something im not or those who think im wanting something for nothing heres my position AGAIN but this time in big letters for the Those who STILL dont get it.

My problem IS, WAS, & ALWAYS WILL BE, very simple...... i object to ST holders from another club getting into MY home ground cheaper than home fans who have chosen not to buy a season ticket.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley