Aberdeen Tickets - Prices

Drew

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=28621

Adult - £23

U18 - £17

U12 - £9

FFS, robbing bastards!

I appreciate that I'm like a dug wi' a bone on this subject, but this is utter madness. Totally unjustifiable to be charging prices like this when you factor in the journey involved. I'm amazed that people will fork out this kind of money to travel up there. Maybe I'm a part-timer, but pricing like this will kill the game stone-dead unless something changes.

Consider a family of five travelling up for the game. Mum, Dad, with 15, 13, and 8 year old kids. That's £89 for admission alone - yes, £89!

Add fuel if they take the car - say £35, and something to eat at the game or before they go in - maybe another £20.

So, in total, for a 90 minute match you are talking a grand total of £144.

Dearie me....

Edited by Drew

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=28621

Adult - £23

U18 - £17

U12 - £9

FFS, robbing bastards!

I appreciate that I'm like a dug wi' a bone on this subject, but this is utter madness. Totally unjustifiable to be charging prices like this when you factor in the journey involved. I'm amazed that people will fork out this kind of money to travel up there. Maybe I'm a part-timer, but pricing like this will kill the game stone-dead unless something changes.

Consider a family of five travelling up for the game. Mum, Dad, with 15, 13, and 8 year old kids. That's £89 for admission alone - yes, £89!

Add fuel if they take the car - say £35, and something to eat at the game or before they go in - maybe another £20.

So, in total, for a 90 minute match you are talking a grand total of £144.

Dearie me....

Would be great if NO St Mirren Fans went and emailed them to tell them why!!! These aren't new prices, they've been ripping everyone off for years (especially under 18's) This is where supporters clubs and buses could actually make a stand and not go. 300 fans not going at £23 a head is almost £7000. Wonder how long they would be prepared to lose out in that sort of revenue.

To instigate change you've got to make a stand. There is supporting your team and there is being shafted! Don't give them your money!!!

Would be great if NO St Mirren Fans went and emailed them to tell them why!!! These aren't new prices, they've been ripping everyone off for years (especially under 18's) This is where supporters clubs and buses could actually make a stand and not go. 300 fans not going at £23 a head is almost £7000. Wonder how long they would be prepared to lose out in that sort of revenue.

To instigate change you've got to make a stand. There is supporting your team and there is being shafted! Don't give them your money!!!

Exactly. 250-300 Buddies or so will be there no matter the prices. £23 is not out the ordinary now- Killie are £22 aren't they? It's the concession prices which are a joke. If we sold hardly any tickets clubs might get the message but....

Aberdeen are skint.

Aberdeen are a shadow of the club they once were.

Aberdeen were forced to get rid of a toaster (I'm not talking about Mark McGhee) to save on costs.

Aberdeen were forced to buy second hand URINALS from Love St as they were so skint.

Aberdeen last won a major trophy in 1996.

Aberdeen last final appearance was in 2000.

Jeezo.

My kids have been born since 2000 and have witnessed Saints compete in the 2010 and 2013 League Cup finals - all on a fraction of the budget that Aberdeen work on - yet they are a club that are financially screwed.

Why would they consider dropping the prices? After all they have not done so in the last few seasons when we have played them at the end of the season with nothing at stake.

Yeh they took our urinals. Now they're taking the piss!

Agree. As much as I love my team, I think the game is a bogey now and it amazes me that the Scottish beaks scratch their heads and wonder why attendances are not shooting up when the product is so much better without Rangers in the top tier? When a family can go to a warm cinema, enjoy a movie, have something to eat and petrol price is covered for less than sitting in a Baltic stadium having shelled out £23 for a ticket alone, then you can see one of the reasons people no longer go to watch the game - other than a sheer love and devotion to their team.

Edited by nedflanders123

We all know Gordon Waddell is a bit of a tosser - but, fair play!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-waddell-no-wonder-football-2801369

I don't know why people keep talking about ICT fans travelling in the dark for this game. The journey will almost entirely be in daylight. They have more dark to travel in for normal league games between November and February.

I don't know why people keep talking about ICT fans travelling in the dark for this game. The journey will almost entirely be in daylight. They have more dark to travel in for normal league games between November and February.

It doesn't matter if its daylight,twilight or by the light of the silvery moon....No fan should be asked to travel the distance for a 12:15 kick off.

Saints may not be the worst offenders in the pricing league, but £20 is still far too much for the standard of play on offer. And why is it necessary to make games all-ticket, no-one else does this.? As far as I am aware, the ground has never been full for any match either.

This is purely my opinion, I dont want a barrage of insults for daring to express it either.If anyone doesnt agree, thats fine.

And why is it necessary to make games all-ticket, no-one else does this.?

Only Dundee Utd offer pay at the gate. Hearts sold advanced tickets but then offered pay at the gate. All other games have been all ticket.

Eta, Partick had a cash gate too, but sold advanced tickets first.

Edited by Thorizaar