Get Behind The Team

The rallying call to the players on Monday was a strong message that they aren't just playing for their own futures. They're playing for the clubs future. If the club goes down they may never recover from it and could fail return to top flight football for many years.

That was the message given to the players.

Edited by davidg

The rallying call to the players on Monday was a strong message that they aren't just playing for their own futures. They're playing for the clubs future. If the club goes down they may never recover from it and could fail return to top flight football for many years.

Shame that the vast majority don't care. Could probably count on one hand how many actually show any passion or desire to win.

Out of interest, David, do you know who delivered this message?

apologies for being a bit dim, but, what happened on Monday ?

This is our club, our team ,our players

We are the supporters to encourage and motovate players as we have through many relegation battles ,and we have achieved our aim by our combined voices

We support to the last minute of the last game

Simple

Over the seasons since our return to the top flight , I feel that we have got behind the team , particularly during a relegation fight and particularly at away grounds like Poundland and Falkirk ( where 'erm , a barrier collapsed). .

Can't really imagine DL giving an Any Given Sunday style motivation speech, more likely to be one of the players like Thommo who actually cares about the long term future of the club.

Really hope we get a decent crowd on Saturday and we start well to get the crowd behind the team. It would actually prefer us to be away to killie, we always get a good crowd there and less negativity at away games. Could use a repeat of the game up at Falkirk (I think?) a few years ago when we filled the stand and put in one of our best performances of the season out of nowhere.

Can't really imagine DL giving an Any Given Sunday style motivation speech, more likely to be one of the players like Thommo who actually cares about the long term future of the club.

Really hope we get a decent crowd on Saturday and we start well to get the crowd behind the team. It would actually prefer us to be away to killie, we always get a good crowd there and less negativity at away games. Could use a repeat of the game up at Falkirk (I think?) a few years ago when we filled the stand and put in one of our best performances of the season out of nowhere.

That performance at TFS was one of the best I've ever seen from a Saints team.

I agree with what you say about away matches, and said as much myself on here a few weeks back. I think many people roll up at St Mirren Park out of habit, and/or because they have a ST. It takes that wee bit more effort and investment in time and money to travel to support your team, and this is reflected in the commitment in the stand(s).

I've been humming and hawing about going to the match on Saturday, but have now decided that I most likely will, as I know how massive a game this is for the club. Had it been an away match at Killie, I think I would have committed to going long before now, however. Strange, but true....

Good thread and agree supporting the team is what being a Buddie is about. For me the home support in the new stadium lacks atmosphere noise wise to help lift the players though this can be down to a feeling of we are not going to win, who knows. If there was a positive mood in the stands I'm sure it would rub off on the players.

BOOM!

We could have been 6 up at half time!

Billy 'Maemet' had a great game.

Aye, it was one of the most one-sided halfs of a match I have ever seen. We just kept coming at them in waves. Wonderful stuff, and all the better because Saints were playing towards the away end. I think the change of ends had an impact as the foot came off the gas a bit in the 2nd half.

I remember a certain football 'customer', erstwhile (my arse!) St Mirren supporter, and current poster on this site claiming that the 12th man effect was a lot of bollocks. For me, this match was all that had to be considered to nonsense his claims. The support that afternoon was absolutely magnificent, and it was blatantly obvious that the players responded. If there was any doubt during the match, several players commented on it afterwards, so case closed.

Oh for a similar performance as you say. Do we have the same passion and determination in our current ranks, though...?

Edited by Drew

Our home record is p*ss poor and in my opinion that has a lot to do with the lack of atmosphere at home games. The team really need to rally and give us something to shout about. From memory our last couple of seasons at Love Street were the same so its not purely down to the new ground. Ironically I think our pitch has a lot to do with it - must be one of the best surfaces in the league and teams must love coming to our ground.

Get the tractor over it to rough it up a bit ......... well we might as well try something different ! unsure.png

Although I've come to the conclusion that it's time for Danny to go. It still doesn't retract from the fact that he's an all round good guy and I would love for him to turn things around. His recent spat with that tube Adams and the way he has handled the situation has been fantastic. Can you think how Ned Bhoy Lennon would have handled it?

Let's get right behind the team on Saturday, hopefully they will be right up for it.