Mcgregor Signs For Sevco - Confirmed

I have no problems with Darren signing for Rangers and making life changing amounts of money. Who amongst us wouldn't? he can be replaced at St Mirren with, at least, as good a player pretty easily.

The Rangers fans wont like him though and will certainly be a scapegoat for any defeats or setbacks.

I did think in his TV interview he was trying VERY hard not to say the wrong thing and when he did attempted to cover his tracks pdq!

I have just ready an article in the online Daily Record , McGregor saying that Ally McCoist's words of wisdom got him through his first season at St Mirren , cheers for that

Oh dear. Classy stuff. Silly, silly lad.

I have just ready an article in the online Daily Record , McGregor saying that Ally McCoist's words of wisdom got him through his first season at St Mirren , cheers for that

We need to be careful re what's reported in the papers, as none of them are averse to twisting words to get a story. We all know that any story involving a player from a 'diddy' club has to have an Old Firm hook to interest the largely brain dead OF masses that read the tabloids. Did Darren support Rangers...nope.....has he ever been to any big games at Ibrox....nope....Ally McCoist spoke to him once...that'll do!!

Maybe he did talk about how grateful he was to everyone at St Mirren for taking a punt on him and supporting him through his long term injuries, but that maybe didn't seem interesting enough to make the paper!?

He is a genuinely nice guy and this article doesn't tally with the guy I've met a couple of times. However, maybe he's already been zombified by the lure of cash, the dubious fan base and a couple of years of being slagged by his own fans for not being 'Rangers class' ohmy.png.

Sme of the anti-rangers comments and anti-McGregor now he is at the gers comments are deplorable

What is wrong with McCoist supporting a fellow pro? It just shows the bitterness resides with fans of all clubs and not the players.

no wonder we are such a small club going nowhere-so full of small-mindedness and bitterness. Its the big successfull clubs that put it all to one side and prosper

Sme of the anti-rangers comments and anti-McGregor now he is at the gers comments are deplorable

What is wrong with McCoist supporting a fellow pro? It just shows the bitterness resides with fans of all clubs and not the players.

no wonder we are such a small club going nowhere-so full of small-mindedness and bitterness. Its the big successfull clubs that put it all to one side and prosper

It's all about opinions.

I think the Old Firm (i.e. the big successful clubs) have always perfectly understood the importance of small mindedness and bitterness, have harnessed the power of those human traits, and have prospered and dominated Scottish football for over a century on the back of them.

It's all about opinions.

I think the Old Firm (i.e. the big successful clubs) have always perfectly understood the importance of small mindedness and bitterness, have harnessed the power of those human traits, and have prospered and dominated Scottish football for over a century on the back of them.

It is about opinions buy wishing a serious injury is frankly disgusting for ANY player, never mind an ex St Mirren player.

Hiding behind the "it's all about opinions" isn't a good enough reason for some of the hideous posts here.

That's my opinion.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed with Darren never said thanks for standing by him through his injuries or giving him his chance at full time football. I think I remeber the rest of the squad helped him by giving him some of there bonus money when he was injured?.

Ive met Darren on a few occasions seems a really nice lad so I hope he had said something along the lines of thank you and the reporter has not put it in his article?

I think Saints fans Who say they hope he gets injured playing for Rangers comments are below the belt!!

He is a Hibs fan so imo he went to Rangers for money and after his injuries it sets him up for the rest of his life..

I once asked Neil Mcann if it was hard signing for Rangers when he was a Celtic fan.His response to the question was not that hard a decision when they make you a millionaire!. GOOD LUCK DARREN I SAY HOPE I DON'T SEE YOU NEXT YEAR IN THE PREMIERSHIP.

Have you actually read the report Drew?

I have now.

I was perhaps rash to respond based on what another poster had interpreted from the report - you would think I'd know better by now. In saying that, he might have made a bit more of the support and chance he was given in Paisley (albeit I appreciate that the interview could have been edited. and we are talking about the Daily Ranger, here).

The bottom line is that I haven't altered my view as posted earlier in the thread. I do not wish any ill-will, but I hope his new club sink without a trace, and as he has chosen to sup with the Devil, if Darren goes that way too, so be it.

McGregor has moved on, and I suggest we should too.

ETA:

I hadn't read past Slash's post before responding so didn't see the posts immediately above - pretty much summing up my own thoughts in many respects.

Edited by Drew

It is about opinions buy wishing a serious injury is frankly disgusting for ANY player, never mind an ex St Mirren player.

Hiding behind the "it's all about opinions" isn't a good enough reason for some of the hideous posts here.

That's my opinion.

Who's hiding behind "it's all about opinions"? I don't think I've made any hideous posts, I've not commented on any of them and I've pointed out that Darren is a genuinely nice guy.

The only point I was addressing, when saying it's all about opinions, was re the claims that we're a small minded club going nowhere because of small mindedness and bitterness, and that this didn't happen at bigger clubs. I think that's a very dubious argument when looking at the Old Firm.

We need to be careful re what's reported in the papers, as none of them are averse to twisting words to get a story. We all know that any story involving a player from a 'diddy' club has to have an Old Firm hook to interest the largely brain dead OF masses that read the tabloids. Did Darren support Rangers...nope.....has he ever been to any big games at Ibrox....nope....Ally McCoist spoke to him once...that'll do!!

Maybe he did talk about how grateful he was to everyone at St Mirren for taking a punt on him and supporting him through his long term injuries, but that maybe didn't seem interesting enough to make the paper!?

He is a genuinely nice guy and this article doesn't tally with the guy I've met a couple of times. However, maybe he's already been zombified by the lure of cash, the dubious fan base and a couple of years of being slagged by his own fans for not being 'Rangers class' ohmy.png.

Mind when Rangers tapped McGregor up in April 2011 when we played them at Ibrox ?

I do.

attachicon.gif110614-mcgregor.JPG

I see Darren has taken time out to refute your scandalous accusation that an employee of Sevco would behave inappropriately!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-signing-darren-mcgregor-ally-3683870

Apparently if you say "Sorry to hear about your Dad. How about a big pile of cash to sign for us?" that's perfectly acceptable. Amazing coincidence.

Edited by ds10