The Dreaded 'h' Word.

I just have to ask Mr. FS..........

WTF made you dredge look that up ???

Me and Mrs.Thomson (Not our real surname kids...) are having a few voddies building up to next weeks Hols when we are off to China when I saw this ....

I remember that night only too well, boy was I pissed off at full time......

I'm much more calm now when we get papped out of Europe....blink.png

Masochistic maybe but I really enjoyed that wee film. When was it made ? In fact, why was it made ?

Great to see some of our B&WArmy contributors involved (Reidy & HSS) and Brian Wright at the end, son of former SMFC manager Alex Wright.

EXCELLENT!

Tho mibbe that's not the right word on the subject.

Many thanks to all Buddies who shared their pain.

And to the producers of the fillum.

I missed that match... always wondered what was the final score.

I don't think anyBuddie had mentioned it. :unsure:

I remember the walk home that night , every last step !

There was a game in recent history that felt similar , but not the same.

Disbelief does not come close.

Eta ; can't watch on iPhone sad.png

Which one, so many to choose from ?

For me, in terms of stunned disappointment, the LC final vs the-club-formerly-known-as-Rangers is a close second to the H match.

For me, in terms of stunned disappointment, the LC final vs the-club-formerly-known-as-Rangers is a close second to the H match.

That was first for me. thumbdown.gif

I was also very disappointed and angry to lose at Gr*tna in the Cup although not as bad a H.

The "H" night was by far my worst ever moment following Saints, and there have been a few belters! And everything was looking rosy up until the last 5 minutes.

Yep, that last 5 minutes. I could have accepted a good thrashing better but it really was a classic defeat from the jaws of victory spell. Our boys were unbelievably stupid right then.

This game, the league cup final and a few Scotland games/world cup finals........................all have been painful at the time.

Just as well there's been many "highs" to balance these painful matches.

Many ?

I've seen them play 3 times. The second time they won the Swedish league for the only time in their history ( they also lost the first goal in that match) and the third time they won 7-0 or something. So I guess I'm a lucky omen for them. Stefan, who I met whilst traveling in Europe came over to watch saints a couple of times, including a win over Morton and the 3-0 Raith rovers game in 2000.

The first game was far worse than the 9 men game to take. I can remember screaming for saints to attack after losing the first goal, when the sane option would have been to run down the clock by time wasting. There was definetly madness in the air.

I'm too young for Hammarby, my generation had the League Cup Final that must not be mentioned. I feel sorry for the old guys who saw both.

Anyway, here's something to cheer you up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrWI-1R33y8

Thanks a bunch, not only have I paid to watch them both, but I'm old, too.

Something to remind the weans of today that supporting St Mirren isn't all that bad really. But way back in 1985...thumbdown.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJxV0tuVK0

It still hurts to think about that night. The previous round had been wonderful when we'd blasted Slavia Prague 3 nil at Paisley and the old ground was rocking that night.

This might sound daft but when Man U beat Munich in '99 I felt some relief that I'd proof that it wasn't just us it could happen, too.

Edited by Bloomsbury Bud