Mobile Version Adverts

pozbaird

Most of the time I skim the forum via an iPod using the mobile version. Just returned from holiday and the forum now has annoying adverts for 'bing' or the BBC World Cup games in the bottom of the screen. When scrolling down topics, these adverts scroll down with you. Pain in the tits. Any way to turn them off?

Over half the traffic to the site comes from mobile now so I'm testing out some advertising on it to see how it goes.

Feedback is very welcome.

There are no ads on the App if you want to use that meantime.

Don't mind them as long as they are fixed at the top or bottom of then screen.

There's one annoying one which pops out and you can't seem to get rid of it unless you close your browser.

I much refer the mobile or desktop layout to the app.

Edited by davidg

Over half the traffic to the site comes from mobile now so I'm testing out some advertising on it to see how it goes.

Feedback is very welcome.

There are no ads on the App if you want to use that meantime.

My feedback Div is that far from wanting to check out the offerings from 'bing' or the BBC, I would like bing and the BBC to fcuk off. The nature of these adverts makes them act like annoying children that follow you everywhere you go and you can't get rid. Fair enough if you get an advert at the top somewhere which you see then as you read topics it is gone... but these buggers bounce along with you and I cannot read what folk are saying and take it in without constantly seeing bing and the BBC almost screaming at me 'Nah, nah, nah, we're still here, nah, nah, nah, look at us!'.

I paraphrase of course. Certain types of advertising are just so fcuking annoying that the last thing you'd do is buy shit from them. These come squarely into this category.

I also don't like the app'. Much prefer the mobile version, which I can use on the iPod and sit in the living room using while the telly is shite, or Mrs Poz is watching 'Britain's Got Talent' etc.

Bet you're glad you asked for feedback now!

Hey, 'bing' and the BBC World Cup rectangles seem to have disappeared from the mobile version. Hurrah! Gaun' yersel' Div!

I will almost certainly be adding the adverts back in fella, just without the really annoying ones.

Now , I don't get any adverts on the mobile app but the conventional website is fucked up by the fact that I'll be reading a post and then suddenly , there is a voice over , where a guy is telling me how bad skin irritation is. I'd wager , that , it is only half as irritating as his fucken voice over. .

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Aye, he caught me out earlier I swore at him, he seems to have fcuked off..........................