Top Gear - National Treasure

shull

I'm no a petrol head.

Had never seen or had been interested in Top Gear till about a year ago on Dave.

Absolutely love it now and usually catch an episode every other day.

Really great entertainment.

Special on Dave tonight at 8pm for over 2 hours.

Top Gear in Burma.

I cannae wait.

Edited by shull

I'm no a petrol head.

Had never seen or had been interested in Top Gear till about a year ago on Dave.

Top Gear in Burma.

I cannae wait.

I can remember when Burmah was a brand of petrol.

I used to hate it and thought Clarkson was a bampot (still do in many ways) but my son has always been hooked on it. I couldn't help seeing it and despite myself I got to like it. Mind you, it is one of the most manufactured programmes you will ever get. The scenery at times is fantastic and it is hilarious at times too.

I'm no a petrol head.

Top Gear in Burma.

I cannae wait.

Enjoyed that , 9 out of 10

Edited by shull

It's lads TV and there's nothing wrong with that. It's about time we reclaimed the telly off the woman folk with all their pishy soaps.

As for the presenters, I like Clarkson and I can't really understand why others don't. The guy simply speaks his mind. If he was being controversial for the sake of it and was too obvious as a result then 'd get why people didn't like him, but not liking him - a motor journalist who reviews cars for a living - for speaking his mind and giving you his opinion? That's bonkers! The one I hate is that wee hampster gobshite. I can't for the life of me see what he brings to the show. He's not funny, he never says anything of note or value and he just seems to be that kind of wankerish kiss up that seem to follow in the wake of people more famous and more popular than they are.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

It's lads TV and there's nothing wrong with that. It's about time we reclaimed the telly off the woman folk with all their pishy soaps.

As for the presenters, I like Clarkson and I can't really understand why others don't. The guy simply speaks his mind. If he was being controversial for the sake of it and was too obvious as a result then 'd get why people didn't like him, but not liking him - a motor journalist who reviews cars for a living - for speaking his mind and giving you his opinion? That's bonkers! The one I hate is that wee hampster gobshite. I can't for the life of me see what he brings to the show. He's not funny, he never says anything of note or value and he just seems to be that kind of wankerish kiss up that seem to follow in the wake of people more famous and more popular than they are.

That show makes me glad I never watch tv.

Mind ye, I never ever watched that 'show', even in the olden days.

It's just cars. That's all.

It could be electric plugs or milling machines.

Just variable utilitarian objects.

And nobends discussing them.

Not fascinating in any way.

Hey, you're right, look ... I haven't. biggrin.png I only reply to Dorothy when he is talking pish (OK, that's most of his posts), so it's actually nothing to do with the referendum at all, that's just the thread where he posts the most pish.

I couldn't resist that one, though. I'm just surprised that nobody got to it before me - it was so obvious. biggrin.png

It's just the wee add on about the No Campaign I meant. I'm just fed up with the whole damned thing. Probably our views on StuDick aren't exactly a million miles apart.

Clarkson is a confirmed racist,

he openly admits his hate for Scotland,

is best friends with Dave Cameron and Rebecca Brooks (first in line at her get out of jail party)

Therefore I'm definitely not a fan of anything he touches.

Think on... how many non-white guests have there been on Top Gear..?

and how many do you see in the audience given the south east of England where it is filmed is one of the most racially diverse regions in Northern Europe..?

Clarkson is a confirmed racist,

he openly admits his hate for Scotland,

is best friends with Dave Cameron and Rebecca Brooks (first in line at her get out of jail party)

Therefore I'm definitely not a fan of anything he touches.

Think on... how many non-white guests have there been on Top Gear..?

and how many do you see in the audience given the south east of England where it is filmed is one of the most racially diverse regions in Northern Europe..?

We're no a race.

Clarkson is a cnut. I spoke with someone who works for a company that booked him to do his after-dinner speaker routine at some dinner or other. The guy I spoke with picked Clarkson up at the airport in his own vehicle, which was a Nissan something-or-other. He said Clarkson got in and asked if it was a company car or his own. On saying it was his own car, Clarkson asked him why he had bought a pile of shit like that, and proceeded to carry on moaning about being driven in a shite Nissan.

Ignorant cnut IMHO.

Awful, awful programme.

Clarkson is a talentless arsehole who courts controversy because he offers absolutely nothing else.

Top Gear? Bottom of the barrel.

FFS ! says Jeremy .........whistling.gif