I Know Keith Jackson's An Arse , But .......................

He claimed we were 'weaker' than last season. Anyone who was at the game yesterday agree with him?

Later in general conversation he said that the League was very even this season and that any team with a proven goalscorer would do well - has he not heard of Thommo? He also said that St Johnstone's replacement for May would do them a turn - a 20 yo Liverpool player called Adam Morgan who has scored 0 (yes, zero) goals while on loan the last two seasons to Rotherham and Yeovil and I am pretty sure Jackson has never seen Morgan play.

Jackson talks a load of shit.

Did Hugh Keevans not state on the radio last night that there was a heated exchange between SG and TC on the pitch after the final whistle yesterday?

They said hands were waving. Woo hoo.

I think any heated discussions would take place behind closed doors.

Maybe they were discussing the decision to send Goody off? I'm sure SG would be animated during that conversation.

To suggest things aren't good in the back of a discussion on the pitch is nonsense.

I did nt hear it I was making my way home from the game. It is a strange place to have that discussion mind you.

On a separate note I think it was inevitable that Goodwin was going to get his marching orders, perhaps a tactical substitution would have helped.

Edited by Lethal89

Jacksons an arse, said we be in trouble this season, then on other hand said we have good players. Love how these experts can predict & don't even go to games. We played well yesterday just couldn't score. He did say there is trouble in the boardroom though.

Some of the stuff on this thread makes my blood boil..... Fuds like Jackson can print almost anything they like whether it is right or wrong...or as normal with no proof

whatsover,then when it is proved wrong there is never any sort of retraction. I will go with the probability that he is talking shite as usual and ignore him.

If you get wound up by him and his cronies then don't read his shit paper, FFS most of those clowns read here and P and B for stories !!!!!

How much "lazy" journalism have we seen from them over the years,particularly for clubs of a similar size/stature of ourselves because they are too busy trying to

unwedge themselves from the OF's Arses. If he ever turns up at Greenhill Road , I hope the Seagulls shite all over him.......

Yes...a full and frank statement on the official site.

Jesus wept, Billy, this is getting silly now.

f**k all to do with me so what are you on about ? This issue is being talked about elsewhere too. We all hope there's no truth in it , but if there is there will be some fallout soon.

BTW , did anyone see Thommo at the match yesterday , just asking ?

It could be SG and TC were having a healthy debate regarding Goodwin being sent off after all SG is just like us and would have been frustrated at the sending off. Jackson putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 5

Radio Scotland only mentioned they were down on the pitch discussing things. Quite a natural thing to do after the first game of a new season.

We looked a better team yesterday than last season despite the result.

JG, unless video evidence suggests otherwise, seems to have been very harshly treated.

TC's comments in the post match interview gave nothing away, but suggested to me he was equally bemused when the 4th official didn't know why he was sent off either...

1,002 (+ a few more under 5s) were there yesterday supporting Saints. The unrest was not coming from the fans. Simply bemusement at the second yellow and excitement tempered with frustration given the excellent performance but poor result.

f**k all to do with me so what are you on about ? This issue is being talked about elsewhere too. We all hope there's no truth in it , but if there is there will be some fallout soon.

BTW , did anyone see Thommo at the match yesterday , just asking ?

Ye was seen getting a couple of photos taken with young fans.

Radio clyde mentioned a heated discussion, think the said there was a lot of hand waving.

Not enough to suggest there's problems but they did spin it a bit negatively.

It was Radio Scotland I was listening to.

Not like Radio Clyde to stir things.......................

Not enough to suggest there's problems but they did spin it a bit negatively.

There were only two negative aspects to the game though.

1. A failure to score, hence the result.

2. The sending off.

TC covered both in post match interview. Talking up the number of positives. For a one off game this is entirely appropriate and I agree with what he said. The issue will come if the results are repeated throughout the season. I however felt the performance deserved more and with repeated performances we will have a very good season.

If this is the press showing their discontent at DL being replaced, fair enough but come out and say it. I was one of the 'Happy Clappers' who wanted him to stay, but taking the lack of offering him a send off out of the equation, we played better football yesterday than last season and looked a more balanced and positive side. If that is repeated throughout the season then whilst I do not agree entirely with the method, the change in management team will be clearly vindicated.

There was a lot of mention pre season about DL being hard done to, but it seems to have spilled over into a lack of critical analysis of the squad we have and how good yesterday's performance was.

Time to move on. If we play like we did yesterday throughout the season even without a fit Thommo we will do alright. With Thommo fit it could be a great season.