Live Gigs - Some Are Taking The Piss

Isle Of Bute Saint

Just back from a trip into town (Ayr) - went to the Gaiety Theatre Box Office to buy 3 tickets for The Red Hot Chilli Pipers, paid by debit card and was charged £7.50 for the privilege of doing so. spudnikconfounded.gif

That's where it becomes a nonsense! You may have bought 3 tickets, but, still only had ONE transaction fee!

The SFA are at it as well for international tickets!

That's where it becomes a nonsense! You may have bought 3 tickets, but, still only had ONE transaction fee!

It seems that everyone is "at it" , nowadays , not just for concert tickets but in particular at British airports too (including Abbotsinch) , whereby they confiscate a whole bunch of liquids from you , then you walk a few paces and you can buy a whole bunch of the same liquids again (only at a higher price now). How the f**k dae these "security" cuntz get awa' wae that yin. .

Rant over back on topic ; you pay the exorbitant price and go along to said gig , and just as the lights go off , silly cunts start flinging beer into the air (which is a great laugh) and then , not long after that , the body surfing begins. .

The bands charge it as they can - simple. If people never paid it, they couldn't charge it and yes paying a hundred quid for a couple of hours of entertainment seems crazy.... then again we could go to the cinema.

As it happens I did / am actually trying to get the fleetwood mac tickets and from 9 this morning the ticketmaster site has been saying no tickets, try get me in, where of course you pay even more. Something really stinks here.

Ticketmaster own get me in and directly sell a large proportion of the sought after tickets to them before you even get a sniff. Shortage is then execerbated and the price goes up x2, 3 or more. That site really is legalised mugging and completely shameless

Apologies for not making myself clear the £7.50 was £2.50 per ticket meaning each of the £25 tickets cost £27.50 despite paying by debit card (and enquiring if paying by cash would have made a difference - it wouldn't) in person at the box office.

Apologies for not making myself clear the £7.50 was £2.50 per ticket meaning each of the £25 tickets cost £27.50 despite paying by debit card (and enquiring if paying by cash would have made a difference - it wouldn't) in person at the box office.

You paid a booking fee , it is just another way of making money out of you , another revenue stream (the British Government also , are good at inventing these , streams) . Anyway , if you hadn't turned up , you might well have been looking at postal charges of say £2.50 per ticket . .

You paid a booking fee , it is just another way of making money out of you , another revenue stream (the British Government also , are good at inventing these , streams) . Anyway , if you hadn't turned up , you might well have been looking at postal charges of say £2.50 per ticket . .

Is the booking fee not the handling companies charge which probably needs to be highlighted seperately?

This is also probably why it's "per ticket" as, if it weren't, touters could buy 1,000's and sell them on with their own surcharge circumventing the proper intermediaries.

No piss taking tonight... aye £46 was expensive... but Jackson Browne was on stage till after 11.10pm.

Jackson Browne was stunning... just stunning.

Finished set 1 with

These Days

Fountain of Sorrow and For a Dancer...

That left us craving more and boy did he deliver...

What a finalé!

Doctor My Eyes

The Pretender

Running on Empty

Take It Easy

Our Lady of the Well.

Just wow. Thats all.

No piss taking tonight... aye £46 was expensive... but Jackson Browne was on stage till after 11.10pm.

Jackson Browne was stunning... just stunning.

Finished set 1 with

These Days

Fountain of Sorrow and For a Dancer...

That left us craving more and boy did he deliver...

What a finalé!

Doctor My Eyes

The Pretender

Running on Empty

Take It Easy

Our Lady of the Well.

Just wow. Thats all.

So what wee Anxious really meant was , if you want entertainment go and see Jackson Browne . .

Sounds like he only missed out Night Train and I Feel Good?

Brilliant gig at King Tuts tonight...

Sean C Kennedy

The Shires

Ward Thomas

Ward Thomas headlined and announced they had won country album of the year.

The Shires have a debut album in the making.

Both are heavily Nashville influenced new country a la Lady Antebellum.

Gig was sold out.

I posted a message on Facebook wishing them a good gig... and some kind soul in Bellshill who couldn't go gave me her tickets for free!

Edited by BuddieinEK

Guest TPAFKATS

The Who played the hydro last night. Over 70 quid a ticket plus the pishy add ons.

Played for 2 1/2 hours and were very good indeed.

Support act were a trio called The Standard Lamps, not bad at all.

Edited by TPAFKATS

Was at Peter Gabriel last night brilliant concert along with the best sounding PA I have heard in a long time. Played the full SO album plus all the hits. Quite funny to see his sequence dance with other musicians you expect. him to be quite a cool dude, great stuff.

• 3 months later...

Stiff Little Fingers entrance at Barrowlands on St Patricks night

I thought that it might be a timfest but it was nothing of the kind and was brilliant.

Glasgow audience best in the UK, I have seen stiff little fingers and the stranglers

in english venues but ye cannae beat a glasgow audience.

http://youtu.be/gxPPmWxo_QQ

Off to see The Doors alive on Saturday at The Classic Grand.

Only £14 a ticket, plus the beer selection and prices at the venue are excellent.

Was there for an all day gig on Saturday and beers began running out at 5pm. By about 9pm all they had left was cans of Red Stripe. No idea how they coped with the normal club night after it.

On thread topic, two floors, 11 bands, 8 hours, £15.

Was there for an all day gig on Saturday and beers began running out at 5pm. By about 9pm all they had left was cans of Red Stripe. No idea how they coped with the normal club night after it.

On thread topic, two floors, 11 bands, 8 hours, £15.

I was there for Big Country a couple of months ago.

Plenty beer on tap, plus I like Red Stripe anyway. biggrin.png

A friend of mine was buying tickets for him and his son (who has cerebal Palsy) at Hampden park. Since he is buying disabled entry tickets he had to phone. The phone call cost more that the tickets (£80). Scandalous, kept him the premium rate phoneline for 90 minutes. Scandalous. Couldn't buy them online

Incidentally, recently seen Julian Cope at King Tuts. The man is godlike.