Partick Thistle V St Mirren. Spfl Premiership 30.1.15

shull

1. View summary0 replies0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  2. Hearing Gary Teale is looking to bring in a referee in the transfer window to help the club move up the table.. #notreally

0 replies7 retweets8 favorites
    Retweet7
    Favorite8
    More

You've got to laugh lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Wonder what kinda of crowd we'll take to this, usually decent for Partick games and they are doing a good deal for Season Ticket holders. Home season ticket holders can bring a friend for £10 as well so should be a good home turnout.

Really looking forward to this one.

We could really learn a lesson from Thistle about ticketing incentives.

Don't get me wrong, I reckon we're second best in the SPL for standard pricing, but Thistle do it best.

Wonder what kinda of crowd we'll take to this, usually decent for Partick games and they are doing a good deal for Season Ticket holders. Home season ticket holders can bring a friend for £10 as well so should be a good home turnout.

Are they doing a deal for St Mirren ST holders? Standard pricing for pay at the gate punters?

Are they doing a deal for St Mirren ST holders? Standard pricing for pay at the gate punters?

Yes, you will get in for £15 instead of £22 with ur St. Mirren season ticket. Great incentive to get as many fans there as possible. I would've went regardless but hopefully will get a few hundred more with that deal.

Looking forward to the game itself and the prospect of having a few beers before and after is always something to look forward to.

We seem to do well at Firhill, hope carry that form to Friday nights game and get a well needed result.

I'll go for 2-1 saints

Yes, you will get in for £15 instead of £22 with ur St. Mirren season ticket. Great incentive to get as many fans there as possible. I would've went regardless but hopefully will get a few hundred more with that deal.

Looking forward to the game itself and the prospect of having a few beers before and after is always something to look forward to.

We seem to do well at Firhill, hope carry that form to Friday nights game and get a well needed result.

I'll go for 2-1 saints

I was on the fence wether to go or not since it's on tv but the cheaper ticket swayed me so hopefully it will do the same for others.

I was on the fence wether to go or not since it's on tv but the cheaper ticket swayed me so hopefully it will do the same for others.

Disnae sway me

£15 is still too expensive for our dire sport.

Also outrageously unfair to charge regular away fans full price because they ain't Season Ticket holders.

Disnae sway me

£15 is still too expensive for our dire sport.

Also outrageously unfair to charge regular away fans full price because they ain't Season Ticket holders.

This might well be one of the very few ways the club can give something back to ST holders for their support.

Between now and the end of the season, I will fully support every initiative to encourage increased attendance, even though I won't benefit personally.

Not sure which club is subsidising this particular offer, but criticising it is petty and surly.

Outragously unfair is expecting a tip for simply doing your job... not an initiative to try and encourage support!!!

Personally I think Thistle are "all over the place" with their pricing policy for this match.Their season ticket holders can bring a friend for a tenner.Why don't they just make £10 for adults and £5 concessions and free for kids which they are already doing.Have they forgotten the match is live on TV.What an utter fiasco.

Personally I think Thistle are "all over the place" with their pricing policy for this match.Their season ticket holders can bring a friend for a tenner.Why don't they just make £10 for adults and £5 concessions and free for kids which they are already doing.Have they forgotten the match is live on TV.What an utter fiasco.

How often do we reduce the price when we're televised at our patch?

This might well be one of the very few ways the club can give something back to ST holders for their support.

Hmm...

Given how shite we've been this season, St Mirren (assuming they're subsidising this initiative) should be going out their way to reward non-season-ticket holders who are actually going to games despite not having already paid up front. That's what I call support!

I'll be watching the match from the warmth and comfort of my front room with a nice bottle of red on the go.

If the clubs are happy to get into bed with the TV companies for a few sheckles, they won't miss my £22.

£22?!?! FFS, indeed.

Edited by Drew

Hmm...

Given how shite we've been this season, St Mirren (assuming they're subsidising this initiative) should be going out their way to reward non-season-ticket holders who are actually going to games despite not having already paid up front. That's what I call support!

I'll be watching the match from the warmth and comfort of my front room with a nice bottle of red on the go.

If the clubs are happy to get into bed with the TV companies for a few sheckles, they won't miss my £22.

£22?!?! FFS, indeed.

Each to their own Drew.

In general £22 is too expensive for a football match... but it is only £2 more than we charge... and less than Accies, Killie, ICT, Dons and probably most others.

Non ST holders WILL get incentives between now and the end of the season. They do EVERY season.

That is right and I support it.

To grudge ST holders a wee discount is petty IMO.

We don't look for it or ask for it.

I reckon it has the potential to be a cracking match in a great atmosphere.

That is right and I support it.

To grudge ST holders a wee discount is petty IMO.

I don't believe I'm being remotely petty, Brian, I simply believe that all supporters should be afforded the same 'wee discount'. A seven quid differential is quite significant. To be honest, it is a bit divisive, and might serve to put some people off.

It hasn't put me off in any event. The choice of contributing £22 to PTFC, plus my transport costs, or sitting at home with a robust shiraz and my feet up in front of the box, watching on BT Sports (which I have already paid for, after all), isn't the most taxing for me.

Of course, I hope everyone who does go along enjoys the game.

Edited by Drew

You could have got 2000/1 on Bradford when 2-0, you could have got 50/1 on Middlesburgh at HT . You can 100000/1 on us keeping a clean sheet and then winning the rest of our home games till 2018.

2-1 Saints , 42 points to play for

COYSicon12.gif

Edited by DougJamie

I don't believe I'm being remotely petty, Brian, I simply believe that all supporters should be afforded the same 'wee discount'. A seven quid differential is quite significant. To be honest, it is a bit divisive, and might serve to put some people off.

It hasn't put me off in any event. The choice of contributing £22 to PTFC, plus my transport costs, or sitting at home with a robust shiraz and my feet up in front of the box, watching on BT Sports (which I have already paid for, after all), isn't the most taxing for me.

Of course, I hope everyone who does go along enjoys the game.

So if it is near the end of the season and non season ticket holders are given a tenner off admission, which I would be delighted with if it increased attendance, how do you suggest that benefit is made available to all?

Genuine question.

So if it is near the end of the season and non season ticket holders are given a tenner off admission, which I would be delighted with if it increased attendance, how do you suggest that benefit is made available to all?

Genuine question.

I've always said (when I was a ST holder and subsequently) that there should be a cup game on the ticket to take account of any reduction in the admission for pay-at-the-gate punters. Or, indeed, a free pie and programme or other such sweetener. There are ways and means.

To be totally frank, I think it is a bit shite when away supporters are treated differently in this way. If I were to get myself along on Friday, I'd be making exactly the same effort and demonstrating the same commitment as any other punter on the night. As I say, I don't think that's being petty, just my personal view on the matter.

FWIW, I can't recall many (or any?) reduced price admissions at SMP last season. I could be wrong, though.

I've always said (when I was a ST holder and subsequently) that there should be a cup game on the ticket to take account of any reduction in the admission for pay-at-the-gate punters. Or, indeed, a free pie and programme or other such sweetener. There are ways and means.

To be totally frank, I think it is a bit shite when away supporters are treated differently in this way. If I were to get myself along on Friday, I'd be making exactly the same effort and demonstrating the same commitment as any other punter on the night. As I say, I don't think that's being petty, just my personal view on the matter.

FWIW, I can't recall many (or any?) reduced price admissions at SMP last season. I could be wrong, though.

ST sales are vital to the club to inject cash at a crucial point in the financial year.

Non ST holders attending throughout the season are equally vital in maintaining the cash flow and keeping the club afloat.

Neither is more important than the other, and both are crucial to the clubs survival.

That said, I genuinely fail to see how any incentive could be equally applied across the board.

That is why I have been grateful for any bonus I have received and equally supportive of any and every effort to benefit others and increase attendance.