Dundee V St Mirren Premiership 27/12/14

shull

One of the great away days yesterday. Pre and post match pub crawl, a good laugh at The Rongers, a nice big lunch and a well deserved victory to cap it off.

Dundee is a good YES city, fine people and good boozers!

I'm glad Teale went with McLean up front, we simply don't have any SPL quality strikers thanks to Tommy Craig's mismanagement, pushing Kelly up as a winger is a decent idea although he didn't really have a great game.

We controlled most of the game, John McGinn was by some distance the best player on the park and I thought the young guys were excellent. However, there is a lot of work to be done in the January transfer window. The defence was all over the place at times, a better side would have punished us, I thought Osbourne was very poor, clearly not fit, and Ridgers makes me very nervous every time the ball goes in the box. Wylde and Ball were so bad when they came on it made Dundee have a man sent off meaningless!

The fighting spirit was a joy to see. Teale is making a decent case to be given some more time in charge.

Dundee as a team look very weak, we have a lot of ground to catch up but we need to be looking up the table and fighting to catch Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Dundee and possibly Thistle, not worrying about Ross County.

The away support was superb yesterday. Several Dundee fans commented on how good it was on PNB, one said it was the loudest that had been there all season.

That's worrying, I thought the atmosphere was quite flat.

It's not like the old days I guess.

Also to add, I've been thinking if I've ever seen a better St Mirren goal than Mallan's and I have to say I don't think I have! Looking forward to watching it again to see if it is as good as it seemed at the time. Pretty good celebrations in the stand too!

Also to add, I've been thinking if I've ever seen a better St Mirren goal than Mallan's and I have to say I don't think I have! Looking forward to watching it again to see if it is as good as it seemed at the time. Pretty good celebrations in the stand too!

Trying to think the best goals I've seen us score in the flesh, not on telly. An Ian Scanlon one at Kilbowie, the Jimmy Bone run v Aberdeen, Stickroth's cross for the Gunni header at the Tattiedome, Andy Dorman v Hibs.... and more.

Thomson thinks he's a hard man,he's not he is a coward and a cheat he was trying to get Osbourne sent off, he couldn't handle Osbourne being in his face. He was at it the whole game. And as for people saying we were lucky because Dundee missed chances before we scored,how many times have we done exactly the same only for it to come back and bite us for missing those chances. We won yesterday because we took those chances that will do me.

Kevin Thomson is one of the biggest imposters in Scottish football. Wee 5 and 10 yard sideways passes, and diving to get fellow pros into trouble. He'll be on a decent wage at Dundee as well. A total waster.

I heard stories about him last season, when Hibs were in freefall. Trying to get another club (I believe he thought he should be playing for Dundee Utd 1eye.gif), thinking he's Billy Big Time and too good to be involved in a relegation battle.

A poisonous wee character. Him and Hartley will be getting on like a house on fire.