Happy New Year, Bring On The Killie, 1/1/15

shull

Don't think he showed a yellow card for the 2nd penalty did he?

And the most likely reason for this was that he'd just booked the same player 45 seconds earlier, and wasn't about to send him off for a joke offence that he'd only awarded to even things up, on the back of having just sent another Kilmarnock player off, primarily to even things up too.

Shambolic.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

And the most likely reason for this was that he'd just booked the same player 45 seconds earlier, and wasn't about to send him off for a joke offence that he'd only awarded to even things up, on the back of having just sent another Kilmarnock player off, primarily to even things up too.

Shambolic.

Wrong time line?

The 2nd penalty was against us.

Edited by davidg

The first Killie oenalty was an absolute stonewaller. Their second one didn't look a penalty for me and there is zero chance that ours was.

Scandalous from McLean. His attitude was stinking the whole game. Berating team mates from the first whistle. The way he screamed at Ridgers and Naismith was bang out of order. He had no concentration and spent too much time moaning and screaming his head off. No idea if it was a justified red, it looked like handbags to me. But his hea was down from the first minute. Something wasn't right with him today.

Just watched it on sky sports news.

First penalty was extremely soft, there would be at least a dozen penalties a game if that was consistent.

2nd was a bit careless from the youngsters. The Killie player was well on the way down already when he made the challenge.

McLean was stupid. You see him sticking his head in the direction of the Killie player straight after the foul. That's what he was red carded for, not the square up a few seconds later when the camera zooms in.

Not going to talk about the decisions or the pens, everything I want to say has already been said by other posters.

However, the most disappointing thing about today was the performance. Killie were much sharper and quicker with their passing. We just didn't look at the races. It's a shame, I thought we would kick on after Dundee, and Teale would get the job, but I don't see that happening now.

Miserable.

Another awful performance at home. We are in serious trouble as we can't get a result against yet another terrible team to visit Paisley. Don't kid yourself the spfl is full of very mediocre teams who are regularly beating us with great ease. It really isn't good enough. We have a number of decent player's at the club but very few have actually played well thi season. I thought we might have turned the corner after victory at Dundee but not convinced.

Cheesey is a homb scare and we need to get rid of him. He just isn't good enough and has sadly cost us so many needless points this season. He would struggle to get a game for a mid table championship team. What a stupid attempt at a tackle/ challenge on killie player. Time to move on Cheesey.

We play like a team destined for a bottom 2 finish.

Yes everything is not lost. We are only half way through the season after all. Hibs were 13 points clear of 11th at this time last season.

What happened to them?

Last year Hibs were relegated after getting 35 points from 38 matches. We've now played half our matches and have 11 points. Are you suggesting we are going to go on a run at some point and pick up 25-30 points in our second 19 games?

Is there a worse centre half in the league than Marc Macausland?

I think you will find Marc's f**kwittery cost us the game. Collum is useless but Cheesey made is easy for ref to award a penalty. I could see from 70 yards away it was a foul from an aimless punt into the box from which they were never going to score. Killie never looked like scoring from open play.

Did Marc not give away a needless penalty at home to Thistle recently? The lad is costing us so many goals. :-(

Edited by Mr Zo

We should be talking less about the ref and more about why Craig Samson didn't have a save to make all game.

He didn't have to make a serious save because our top striker is 36, and is either only 65% fit, or suspended. Our back up strikers, signed by Craig, are clearly not good enough. Guys like Reilly who weren't signed by Craig are lightweight and haven't offered much of anything any time they do play. We played a midfielder up front, alone, while our opponents, a club of similar stature to ours, had a three-pronged attack featuring Miller in No 9 role, with Magennis and another guy who I cannot name at present, constantly swapping wings and moving to create space.

I feel a bit sorry for Teale and Longwell. They are trying to mix it up, with the tools they've inherited. (I don't mean tools in the derogatory sense, honest..) it is clear they have little faith in Ball, Marwood, Reilly or Caldwell. With Stephen Thompson out, they turn to a young midfielder to play up top, not any of those four? Speaks volumes. All four should be shown the exit door if possible to free up valuable wages and squad spaces. My opinion obviously.

I am now royally fcuked off with St Mirren. Collum didn't help, but it isn't Collum's fault the last time we won a home game Queen Victoria was on the throne. It isn't Collum's fault we are the only senior football team in Britain without a single clean sheet. It certainly isn't Collum's fault that we have a tired out-of-ideas BoD who appointed Davie Hay MkII, have singularly failed season after season to sign a decent no-nonsense CB, or signed a decent striker capable of complimenting/backing up an ageing and isolated No9 legend.

Our home record is now a joke, an absolute fcuking joke. I have seen us score one goal this season, having missed a couple of games due to clashing with the NFL games at Wembley. One fcuking goal, much less a win.

Edited by pozbaird

He didn't have to make a serious save because our top striker is 36, and either only 65% fit, or suspended. Our back up strikers, signed by Craig, are clearly not good enough. Guys like Reilly who weren't signed by Craig are lightweight and haven't offered much of anything any time they do play. We played a midfielder up front, alone, while our opponents, a club of similar stature to ours, had a three-pronged attack featuring Miller in No 9 role, with Magennis and another guy who I cannot name at present, constantly swapping wings and moving to create space.

I feel a bit sorry for Teale and Longwell. They are trying to mix it up, with the tools they've inherited. (I don't mean tools in the derogatory sense, honest..) it is clear they have little faith in Ball, Marwood, Reilly or Caldwell. With Stephen Thompson out, they turn to a young midfielder to play up top, not any of those four? Speaks volumes. All four should be shown the exit door if possible to free up valuable wages and squad spaces. My opinion obviously.

I am now royally fcuked off with St Mirren. Collum didn't help, but it isn't Collum's fault the last time we won a home game Queen Victoria was on the throne. It isn't Collum's fault we are the only senior football team in Britain without a single clean sheet. It certainly isn't Collum's fault that we have a tired out-of-ideas BoD who appointed Davie Hay MkII, have singularly failed season after season to sign a decent no-nonsense CB, or signed a decent striker capable of complimenting/backing up an ageing and isolated No9 legend.

Our home record is now a joke, an absolute fcuking joke. I have seen us score one goal this season, having missed a couple of games due to clashing with the NFL games at Wembley. One fcuking goal, much less a win.

That was quite positive considering how shite we are. I'd add Wylde to those needing to go along with McAusland and the four forwards.

I think you will find Marc's f**kwittery cost us the game. Collum is useless but Cheesey made is easy for ref to award a penalty. I could see from 70 yards away it was a foul from an aimless punt into the box fromwhich they were never going to score. Killie never looked like scoring from open play.

Made what easy for the referee?

What did Cheesy do wrong?

The way some fans treat our own players is utterly disgraceful.

He didn't have to make a serious save because our top striker is 36, and is either only 65% fit, or suspended. Our back up strikers, signed by Craig, are clearly not good enough. Guys like Reilly who weren't signed by Craig are lightweight and haven't offered much of anything any time they do play. We played a midfielder up front, alone, while our opponents, a club of similar stature to ours, had a three-pronged attack featuring Miller in No 9 role, with Magennis and another guy who I cannot name at present, constantly swapping wings and moving to create space.

I think you'll find today it was.