Saints V League Leaders

pozbaird

You seem surprised Aberdeen are winning.

They've won 7 games in a row, we haven't won at home all season. What exactly were you expecting?

Plenty of people were suggesting that with Aberdeen having had 7 clean sheets in a row, us hardly scoring and not having won at home in the league all season that it would be very St Mirren-ish to sneak a win.

Yes Hamilton have been doing very well. Still below the two teams with the biggest budgets though. Behind Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee Urd the budgets are relatively similar.

Is your point that budgets are an irrelevance? If that's the case, why do Celtic always win the league?

Not at all bud but it's also not the only factor in us losing to Aberdeen on a day when the weather is a great leveller.

The simple fact is many teams seem to perform above their budget, we don't even perform to ours. As Hibs showed last year budgets don't buy success and they don't imply failure either.

As for Celtic, their budget is probaly around 20 times ours but even they are proving without the right manager, it still doesn't guarantee success.

Even with our limited budget, we are underperforming as a club.

It would appear to be the budget that's to blame.

Ok Kendo we get it , we all know it the league position does not lie. At the moment we have what we have and as such cant do anything about it. Maybe get up of our arses and actually help to cheer on the team rather than sitting at home posting negative posts.

3 players are out the door that is making room for new players coming in. We did a trial obviously not good enough to sign anyone right away. It shows we are looking however.

Oh that makes everything OK

You were more critical of Danny FFS

So what were you expecting today then? You still haven't answered the question, it seems to me you just want to come on here and moan for the sake of it. Why?

I don't think I ever criticised Danny for losing to teams like Aberdeen.

Ok Kendo we get it , we all know it the league position does not lie. At the moment we have what we have and as such cant do anything about it. Maybe get up of our arses and actually help to cheer on the team rather than sitting at home posting negative posts.

3 players are out the door that is making room for new players coming in. We did a trial obviously not good enough to sign anyone right away. It shows we are looking however.

Aye your probably right but I cannot remember the last time I seen us win.

Totally scunnered now signing off.

Aye your probably right but I cannot remember the last time I seen us win.

Totally scunnered now signing off.

I know Kendo we are all feeling the same. Just hope the board make a decision one way or another with the manager that needs sorted now to let him get on with looking for new players. Thankfully Motherwell are getting beat

It was my fault.

At the gym, on the running machine staring at the score 0-0, which wasn't changing...

I thought, I'll go on another machine for 5 minutes, knock my pan in more than usual, that'll do the magic.

I did that, worked harder than ever thinking I was doing this for St Mirren, the players are working as hard as me, I deserve some payback for this...

Knackered, I turned back to the screen - two goals later.

I am sorry. From now on, I'll do f**kall. :(

If Teale wants the job full time he's going the wrong way about it, Even tho Callum Ball is not great a least hes a centre forward, McLean is not The Levein system of 4 6 0 is disgrace for a home team, Wylde was a man down MGinn wasn't much better, Another shocking display

Edited by santaponsasaint

Played ok until Aberdeen scored the first. However, another game where we created absolutely nothing. There was no urgency for the players and to be honest Aberdeen never had to get out of first gear. They could still have scored about 5.

I don't understand why Teale is persisting with playing a midfielder up front, I can see why we tried it but it's clearly not working. Just stick Ball up there. Another thing bringing on Reilly with three minutes to go when we are 2-0 down what is the f'king point in that?

Teale has pissed me off today, the refusal to change things until 20 minutes to go when it was clearly not working was classic TC management.

The fact of the matter is the team is shite. The only players I would keep would be Ridgers, McLean and McGinn (although McGinn is a shadow of his former self). I don't think the other young guys are ready yet for the first team.

Lose on Saturday and I can't see us coming back. In saying that I can't see us coming back from this just now.

Played ok until Aberdeen scored the first. However, another game where we created absolutely nothing. There was no urgency for the players and to be honest Aberdeen never had to get out of first gear. They could still have scored about 5.

I don't understand why Teale is persisting with playing a midfielder up front, I can see why we tried it but it's clearly not working. Just stick Ball up there. Another thing bringing on Reilly with three minutes to go when we are 2-0 down what is the f'king point in that?

Teale has pissed me off today, the refusal to change things until 20 minutes to go when it was clearly not working was classic TC management.

The fact of the matter is the team is shite. The only players I would keep would be Ridgers, McLean and McGinn (although McGinn is a shadow of his former self). I don't think the other young guys are ready yet for the first team.

Lose on Saturday and I can't see us coming back. In saying that I can't see us coming back from this just now.

Its looking like a cluster fùck, bottom or 2nd bottom and a play off against rangers or hibs is grim stuff, I fear for st mirren if we drop in to the championship.