Saints V League Leaders

pozbaird

Can't believe it took until 70 mins to bring a centre forward on when we'd already resorted to hopeful punts up the park within a couple of minutes of the 2nd half...

Teale saying before the game that he's not really changed much from TC, just a couple of things and the boys are playing well etc.

The board need to get a new man in and freshen the place up this week. This acceptance of 'ach we lost but not too badly, bit unlucky, deserved a point etc.' is doing my head in. We need a different face at the helm and a different mentality with it.

If Teale ants the job full time he's going the wrong way about it, Even to Callum Ball is no great a least hes a centre forward, McLean is no The Levein system of 4 6 0 is disgrace for a home team, Wylde was a man down MGinn wasn't much better, Another shocking display

if he starts Callum ball you'd moan he's shit n need to try something different.

Give teale a break its not his fault Tommy was f**king clueless he's starting the clear out he's not got a magic wand.

McLean upfront v Dundee worked a treat. we played well today up until the shambles of a 1st goal and confidence went downhill

I've been putting it to the back of my mind for weeks now but today watching that reality finally dawned ....... we are shite !!

No real shape or organisation on the park, no forward line and sad to say but a few imposters wearing the stripes that just shouldn't be there end of ! I would say we are 4-5 players short of being able to mount some sort of effort to stay in the league. If we don't get them in the Jan window then I reckon its the bottom place for us because what we currently have ain't good enough. sad.png

Played ok until Aberdeen scored the first. However, another game where we created absolutely nothing. There was no urgency for the players and to be honest Aberdeen never had to get out of first gear. They could still have scored about 5.

I don't understand why Teale is persisting with playing a midfielder up front, I can see why we tried it but it's clearly not working. Just stick Ball up there. Another thing bringing on Reilly with three minutes to go when we are 2-0 down what is the f'king point in that?

Teale has pissed me off today, the refusal to change things until 20 minutes to go when it was clearly not working was classic TC management.

The fact of the matter is the team is shite. The only players I would keep would be Ridgers, McLean and McGinn (although McGinn is a shadow of his former self). I don't think the other young guys are ready yet for the first team.

Lose on Saturday and I can't see us coming back. In saying that I can't see us coming back from this just now.

your having a go at teale for not playing a striker I'd say we don't have a striker down to Tommy Craig ball marwood Reilly are not good enough.

And to say you'd keep ridgers he's a bombscare he should of came and collected there 1st easily and his kicking ability is dreadful don't think he found a black and white top once today

Those of us that were actually at the game would say that we played reasonably well - actually quite similar to the first game of the season against Motherwell. But four months later we cannot accept that we were just unlucky (again) - it was the same old story - attractive football in the middle of the park, but a leaky defence and powder puff up front.

However if GT can make one or two (or three) effective signings over the next couple of weeks we still have the nucleus of a decent team - ALL IS NOT LOST YET!

We can still catch Motherwell and overtake Ross County but we need fans to actually turn out at games and provide their support instead of sitting at home and posting negatively on here!

Those of us that were actually at the game would say that we played reasonably well - actually quite similar to the first game of the season against Motherwell. But four months later we cannot accept that we were just unlucky (again) - it was the same old story - attractive football in the middle of the park, but a leaky defence and powder puff up front.

However if GT can make one or two (or three) effective signings over the next couple of weeks we still have the nucleus of a decent team - ALL IS NOT LOST YET!

We can still catch Motherwell and overtake Ross County but we need fans to actually turn out at games and provide their support instead of sitting at home and posting negatively on here!

It'll take a lot more than the support of a couple of hundred stay away supporters to turn things round. Too often, clubs rely on the blind faith and loyalty of their supporters, and I think they become lazy and complacent as a result. The shambles St Mirren are just now has nothing whatsoever to do with the supporters.

I didn't go today because I couldn't be arsed, and I couldn't give a flying f**k what anyone thinks about that.

I was at the game and they tried but many of them at this time aren't SPL class

It was men against boys and Aberdeen had a couple of gears to go up

Goodwin and McLean are step up from anyone else we have

McGinn falls to pieces when he's in the opposition box and takes the wrong option time and time again

Kelly had his best game for a while at left back

I wouldn't slag any fans for not coming

1 point from 33 is fecking dreadful anyway you want to dress it up

if he starts Callum ball you'd moan he's shit n need to try something different.

Give teale a break its not his fault Tommy was f**king clueless he's starting the clear out he's not got a magic wand.

McLean upfront v Dundee worked a treat. we played well today up until the shambles of a 1st goal and confidence went downhill

I don't moan about Ball at any time, And the Dundee game was a away game were you want to play on the counter attack totally different, we played those tactics against Kikmarnock and todays game, absolutely dreadful tactics,

This is as bad as it gets, we lack direction and decent quality players through the spine of the team. Gary Teale is not the answer, we need a clear out and a new manager with a clear plan to totally rebuild the squad.

Some of these young kids are going to have their confidence destroyed by playing in this side.

it's absolute torture watching what's on offer and not an enjoyable experience at all.

There are many others who feel the same and it looks like the directors have accepted our fate otherwise they would have appointed a decent manager and invested in some good players to at least make a fight of staying up.

Well, that was utter shite wasn't it?

Gregg Wylde? f**k me talk about disinterested! Ridgers? Don't get me started.

As usual it was "give the ball to McLean" and hope he conjures something up as we had no other gameplan or tactics out there. Thoroughly depressing.

Me and my 2 mates have had Season Tickets together for about 10yrs but don't think we will next season. It's just not worth it anymore.

This is as bad as it gets, we lack direction and decent quality players through the spine of the team. Gary Teale is not the answer, we need a clear out and a new manager with a clear plan to totally rebuild the squad.

Some of these young kids are going to have their confidence destroyed by playing in this side.

it's absolute torture watching what's on offer and not an enjoyable experience at all.

There are many others who feel the same and it looks like the directors have accepted our fate otherwise they would have appointed a decent manager and invested in some good players to at least make a fight of staying up.

Good post, especially the point about kids' confidence. At times Considine, Reynolds et al were just swatting our young boys out the way today and it was painful to watch.

Good post, especially the point about kids' confidence. At times Considine, Reynolds et al were just swatting our young boys out the way today and it was painful to watch.

They have destroyed better teams than us!

Eight consecutive wins...

Eight consecutive clean sheets...

They are s clas apart from us and with that decimated squad, 0-2 wasn't that unexpected or bad.

It'll take a lot more than the support of a couple of hundred stay away supporters to turn things round. Too often, clubs rely on the blind faith and loyalty of their supporters, and I think they become lazy and complacent as a result. The shambles St Mirren are just now has nothing whatsoever to do with the supporters.

I didn't go today because I couldn't be arsed, and I couldn't give a flying f**k what anyone thinks about that.

I thought you would have been there at 2pm today to check out the lavvy snotters. wink.png

We should be planning for next season , new operational regime in a new environment , the Championship. We are about to enter a period of rebuilding now, after nearly a decade in the top flight , most of which we have been out of our depth , finding it utterly impossible to top the Heady heights of 8th under DL.

This whole period post Love street , the Greenhill road era has been with one or two rare exceptions , a truly dire supporting experience. Significantly, since the for sale signs went up it has been like pushing water uphill , thankless, no fun and frankly pointless ..........oops !

We continue to turn up to be outmuscled, out thought and generally out played. Last chance saloon is , ffs , in of all the horrible places, DIngwall next week.

Great !

Absolutely scunnered. For the first half hour we actually looked OK but once the first goal went in then you could see the heads visibly go down. Two minutes later and it was game over.

We are just a complete shambles. I will exonerate Teale simply because he has been asked to hold the fort and has been left an absolute clusterf**k of a situation when the ginger madman got bulleted. He's doing his best in a dreadful situation and one look at our bench showed we had no options at all. Absolutely nothing. A complete disgrace that we are left with practically no first choice centre backs and no options up front (anyone who thinks Ball is a worthwhile option needs their heads examined). And a week into the transfer window with no obvious sign of reinforcement being brought in.

At this moment, we are simply f**ked. Can't see anything else at the moment other than Championship football next season. Pains me greatly to say that.

If Teale wants the job full time he's going the wrong way about it, Even tho Callum Ball is not great a least hes a centre forward, McLean is not The Levein system of 4 6 0 is disgrace for a home team, Wylde was a man down MGinn wasn't much better, Another shocking display

I disagree Gary. I am not Teales biggest fan, but he has been left with NO centre forwards. To call Callum Ball a centre forward is, well, an insult to centre forwards really. McLean has done more in a handful of games up front than Ball has done all season surely, no?

I disagree Gary. I am not Teales biggest fan, but he has been left with NO centre forwards. To call Callum Ball a centre forward is, well, an insult to centre forwards really. McLean has done more in a handful of games up front than Ball has done all season surely, no?

Yes... and no!

Yes because Ball was playing up front for a Craig team that never actually gave him the ball, resorting in him coming wide looking for it.

I'd like to see him get a few games up front with McLean just off him in an advanced midfield role. Given the right service, he has shown in the past that he knows where the net is.

One thing is for sure, the repeated tiresome abuse and ridicule of Ball is hardly likely to improve the situation, help the player, or help the team.

That's not the point

We know Callum Ball isn't the answer but either is McLean at centre forward

We need McLean in his best position and get him on the ball in the opposition half

A good part of the game today he was surrounded by 3 defenders as he was up front himself and couldn't get on the ball

We need McLean on the ball if we are to pick up any points

Atterndance today was 4977 of which there were 1964 Aberdeen fans. However it was a bit like being at an England -v- Scotland game at Wembley where the home support were completely out-done by the visiting support. I can understand why the 3013 Saints fans today were outshone by the Dons support - it's not just the players that are lacking confidence and a positive attitude.

But we do have the nucleus of a decent team and 3 or 4 good signings in the transfer window could make a big difference. if that happens, the backing of the Saints fans WILL make a difference in our fight to beat the drop.

Teale and his team deserve our support - wish i could say the same for the BoD.

But we do have the nucleus of a decent team and 3 or 4 good signings in the transfer window could make a big difference. if that happens, the backing of the Saints fans WILL make a difference in our fight to beat the drop.

Possibly, but do you realise that the "nucleus" you refer to won't be together beyond this season? Take away Thommo (now 36 so not got too many years left) and McGinn & McLean (both of whom will move on) and we have f**k all except a handful of talented youngsters. The rest are not good enough.

We need a new manager, a new board and new players because right now our club is rotten and suffering chronic malaise.

your having a go at teale for not playing a striker I'd say we don't have a striker down to Tommy Craig ball marwood Reilly are not good enough.

And to say you'd keep ridgers he's a bombscare he should of came and collected there 1st easily and his kicking ability is dreadful don't think he found a black and white top once today

Ball is a striker and we looked more like creating something when he came on as he can hold the ball up. I'm not saying he is any good but he's the best that we've got in that position.

As for Rigers, the whole defence missed the ball (wind played a part) but I've seen enough of him to know he's a decent keeper.

Ball is a striker and we looked more like creating something when he came on as he can hold the ball up. I'm not saying he is any good but he's the best that we've got in that position.

As for Rigers, the whole defence missed the ball (wind played a part) but I've seen enough of him to know he's a decent keeper.

I agree. Whatever people think of Ball, I reckon we created our best chances of the game with him on the park.

Atterndance today was 4977 of which there were 1964 Aberdeen fans. .

Didn't stop that bell end Richard Gordon referring to the "2500 dons fans in the away end", as he made comment on the probability of a clean sheet on the radio during injury time.dry.png

Maybe he'd borrowed the Seville calculator.

Edited by FTOF