Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Chris:

In response to an earlier post, I am not saying SMiSA should have been running around mobilising themselves and rousing troops to battle... There has been no battle. The existing BoD have been plodding along for five years. There has been no drama, no sniff of a new Reg Brearley catching SG & Co's eye and maybe turning their heads.... Until now?

SMiSA guys at leadership level have lives, jobs, families and kids to think about - St Mirren is a secondary concern. Things do seem to be changing rapidly though, and as I alluded to with the SNP and referendum - there can be a hot time to make a move, and I reckon this is the time for SMiSA to have a bash at getting more punters on board. Yes, a lot of us know they exist, but I have never joined. I bet I'm not alone. Like many who knew SMiSA existed, I was happy enough with St Mirren being a stable, well run club who enjoyed some success and failure, and pointed and laughed at Rangers, Hearts, Livvy, Gretna...

Hibs and Hearts for example have many celebrity fans, and well-off business people who support them. We don't. We have a couple of celebrity radio/TV media fans, an author, a journalist or two, a baldy media luvvy webmeister... and SMiSA.

I find it appealing that with the club certainly being in limbo at best, and possibly facing unknown new owners, we could unite behind the SMiSA banner - those celebrity fans, those who pledged to join 10000hours, those who simply turn up every second Saturday but haven't as yet felt that the club might be facing any trouble.

I'm going to join this week, having never done so. I don't particularly need the SMiSA leadership to draft a new mission statement or come out with some stated aim. The aim should be to strike during this period of increasing uncertainty and be the banner that we can unite behind. Each other is all we have, there's no Richard Branson, Sheik Mansoor or Bill Gates suddenly turning up at FeegieField wearing a bib strip and proclaiming 'Fcuk the Ton'.

SMISA's membership could grow if their intentions were larger, if the mission statement was more than get more shares and maybe have someone on the board. It's low now because the intentions, corporate footprint and media coverage is low.

As for being more supportive, working with 10000 Hours and engaging with local businesses even through the final attempt could have seen things work out. Yes everyone had issues of varying degrees with the starting setup, use of the void once fitted out, considerations to involved groups, non-St Mirren people and everything else. I just feel that the supporters group, the very group who should be the vehicle for ownership, pulling out gave entirely the wrong message at a time when it was there to grab.

As you say, SMISA's corporate and media footprint is low, so I don't see how it could have had any impact on the 10,000 Hours bid falling through. I'm sure SMISA had sound reasons for pulling its support. Hopefully if lots of new members are joining, there will be the means for SMISA to think bigger - in the form it has existed since it began, I don't think anything more than sticking a bit of cash into the club now and then, and trying to buy shares, would have been realistic or achievable.

Regarding the bits in bold above and comparing it to 10000hours, how could they manage to get over 1000 people to sign up to a £10 a month DD in a relatively short space of time when they appeared to only have 2 main guys running it? Of course the aim and end goal was greater and potentially more appealing but at least people knew about it.

I am aware of SMISA but I don't fully know what all their aims and objectives are and I'm sure many are in the same boat or dont know about it at all.

The thing about the leaflets is all well and good but in todays modern world, an email is not only easier to produce and distribute but it can potentially get to more people aswell. Why haven't SMISA been running regular sign up drives, say 2 a year which could include inspiring messages on platforms such as this website? I have always considered signing up for SMISA but there is never really anything that persuades me to actively dig around to find out how. All it would take would be a regular thread on this website, or article on the homepage which provided all information about signing up and all aims and benefits about signing up.

Especially, as you say, as more people sign up, the talent pool becomes greater. With Div now a member, surely he could have better ideas about how to use technology in a recruitment drive?

Do SMISA have targets about how many new members they like to gain every year and do they have a plan of how to attract these members? If no is the answer then they can't really expect to grow and achieve any of their ultimate aims and goals.

10,000 Hours had more than two guys behind it I thought, albeit the principal figure was one man. I dare say it was pretty much a full-time job though - SMISA as it currently exists cannot be expected to do the same.

Never mind a regular thread - SMISA has a whole sub-forum of this website to itself. It has its own website setting out why you should sign up. There is no excuse not to join!

Chris:

In response to an earlier post, I am not saying SMiSA should have been running around mobilising themselves and rousing troops to battle... There has been no battle. The existing BoD have been plodding along for five years. There has been no drama, no sniff of a new Reg Brearley catching SG & Co's eye and maybe turning their heads.... Until now?

SMiSA guys at leadership level have lives, jobs, families and kids to think about - St Mirren is a secondary concern. Things do seem to be changing rapidly though, and as I alluded to with the SNP and referendum - there can be a hot time to make a move, and I reckon this is the time for SMiSA to have a bash at getting more punters on board. Yes, a lot of us know they exist, but I have never joined. I bet I'm not alone. Like many who knew SMiSA existed, I was happy enough with St Mirren being a stable, well run club who enjoyed some success and failure, and pointed and laughed at Rangers, Hearts, Livvy, Gretna...

Hibs and Hearts for example have many celebrity fans, and well-off business people who support them. We don't. We have a couple of celebrity radio/TV media fans, an author, a journalist or two, a baldy media luvvy webmeister... and SMiSA.

I find it appealing that with the club certainly being in limbo at best, and possibly facing unknown new owners, we could unite behind the SMiSA banner - those celebrity fans, those who pledged to join 10000hours, those who simply turn up every second Saturday but haven't as yet felt that the club might be facing any trouble.

I'm going to join this week, having never done so. I don't particularly need the SMiSA leadership to draft a new mission statement or come out with some stated aim. The aim should be to strike during this period of increasing uncertainty and be the banner that we can unite behind. Each other is all we have, there's no Richard Branson, Sheik Mansoor or Bill Gates suddenly turning up at FeegieField wearing a bib strip and proclaiming 'Fcuk the Ton'.

Good on you for joining. I, too, sat on my hands for years without ever getting round to it. Perhaps you can be the man to kickstart the campaign you suggest!

Chris, I'm not the man to kickstart any sort of SMiSA campaign for increased membership. I will join SMiSA this week, I backed the 10000hours bid, I support the Fan Council initiatives whenever I can by attending their events. I have in the past, done some projects for the club - but always as an individual fan, not part of any group.

I am not interested in the politics, the bitching, the fighting and back-stabbing, the mud-slinging and the bollocks that I witnessed first hand by being somewhat visible in the 10000hours bid by providing graphic design services. Div also provided services and he too has publicly said he never wants involved in the shite that went on again either!

Edited by pozbaird

Chris, I'm not the man to kickstart any sort of SMiSA campaign for increased membership. I will join SMiSA this week, I backed the 10000hours bid, I support the Fan Council initiatives whenever I can by attending their events. I have in the past, done some projects for the club - but always as an individual fan, not part of any group.

I am not interested in the politics, the bitching, the fighting and back-stabbing, the mud-slinging and the bollocks that I witnessed first hand by being somewhat visible in the 10000hours bid by providing graphic design services. Div also provided services and he too has publicly said he never wants involved in the shite that went on again either!

Im not surprised ... i would be interested but unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world where the politics and infighting of something that everyone is passionate about for various different reasons can be cast aside for the greater good.

I think this is why most of us who did make real efforts in the venture will not be doing so again.... unless i do win the Euromillions then its allllll miiiiinnneee muhahahaha

quick question did simsa loan or give money to club for the Dome

if they did then why didnt they use this cash to buy shares that now is what they are asking us to

give cash every month in donations ,so with my cash who would own these shares,

and isnt it the clubs duty to raise cash for business costs and improvements ,what next do they want us to pay to fill in the void,

so value off club increases and they get a bigger price for club

how does that work then for us fans at end off the day

Edited by mad saint 2

okay stand corrected but still doesnt explain how are they going to buy shares with cash they raise this time

if none available

They will take up shares from anyone who wants to sell, whilst also offering to be the proxy for anyone who wants to offer that. In the meantime they're involved in various other aspects around the club, had the initial idea for the lottery being run by the Fan Council and I believe did provide a loan towards the Dome.

They will take up shares from anyone who wants to sell, whilst also offering to be the proxy for anyone who wants to offer that. In the meantime they're involved in various other aspects around the club, had the initial idea for the lottery being run by the Fan Council and I believe did provide a loan towards the Dome.

so if this a loan will they get this back when club sold and put into pot for purchase of shares

so if this a loan will they get this back when club sold and put into pot for purchase of shares

Doubt it, I'd assume all loans that aren't from board members would remain. I also can't see any new release of shares as new owners wouldn't want to dilute their 75% holding. SMISA will be left picking up chunks of the remaining 25% whilst also looking for avenues to contribute to the club directly.

Quick other aspect to all of this. Gary Teale spoke with the Argentinians and put his views across. Just how in the circle is he? Does he know who'll be Manager and who will come in on the playing side. Is he bolstering the squad knowing one or two better players are pencilled in?

Can I

ask how you know better players are pencilled in. I don't mean in the know I mean how do you know they are better than what we have ?

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Can I

ask how you know better players are pencilled in. I don't mean in the know I mean how do you know they are better than what we have ?

It's all conjecture, I'm just pondering on what might be happening. I, for a start, can't imagine they won't have targets and don't see why they wouldn't talk them up if discussing it with Gary.

He doesn't know. Hence the question mark...I think it's more just chucking 2+2 together and randomly shouting a number.

Indeed, I also wonder if Gary has been using theplayersagent.com as there is an advert from a Scottish club looking for a striker and Vine has a profile on there. Again just randomness being chucked in to the debate.

Who told Div about this sale,was it in confidence. What is the reason he decided to put it out there,sounds like it was inside knowledge. Not very clever,or maybe deliberate ?

Has to be said that if ever someone was going to make calls, send abusive pms or demand a thread was removed it'd be now. The thread is still up though.

In confidence hasn't existed at Saint Mirren since the days of Yule Craig.