Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Exactly. The day we 'splash the cash' is the day the clock starts ticking on our long term future.

St Mirren - and all clubs - should spend what they bring in. No more, no less. If we start spending more than what we bring in it's only a matter of time before we go into administration.

I don't think you or Shull are taking on board that the cash I meant could be splashed might hopefully be available if we get some kind of benefactor jumping out the bushes. The point I was trying to make is that if one fine morning ownership of the club transfers to the fans, without a working fund of a fairly significant amount, what difference can the fans make? The future of the club might be secured but will it be more of the same? Fighting relegation every year or more likely relegation. If the club ever gets into fan ownership of course it has to live within its means but fan ownership on its own isn't a panacea. We could still go bust and still face the same problems.

Very uneasy about a consortium who believe they can make money out of Scottish football when even clubs like Dundee Utd and Accies with high value sales have significant reassigned debt. And the real reason the English bid was torpedoed (oops sorry prospective new BoD) was the Argies offered more to Exocet, sorry offset any concerns.

Will all this lead to a stadium naming rights war..?

I say St Mirren Park, you say St Mirren Tono..!

Pass the port stanley please.

Read through this thread in one go last night. Quite the rollercoaster.

I am a very, very positively-minded person, and I hope my posts on here reflect that. Hell, I was even backing Callum Ball to be an unqualified success. I want to see the bright side of things, I want to be constructive, and I hate unnecessary negativity. I'm certainly not one of those who predicts doom so they can say 'I told you so' at a later date.

However, I can only echo many folks' unease at this. I want to feel positive about the prospect of change and ambition coming into SMFC at board level. Rarely have I felt so despondent at the state of our club, and certainly only when Coughlin was in charge in the past 15 years have I felt like this. I think we're all desperate for change and progression. A shocking malaise has beset SMFC.

I think deep down we all know this isn't the answer to our problems: but there appears to be literally no choice.

This is f**king bleak.

SGG is welcome to post on here to keep us up to date.

It would be unprofessional in the extreme to make any comment before any deal is agreed. The lack of comment from within the club can only mean there is something going on but there is no way anyone should expect any info until it is made public.

It would be unprofessional in the extreme to make any comment before any deal is agreed. The lack of comment from within the club can only mean there is something going on but there is no way anyone should expect any info until it is made public.

I only want to know if he's enjoying his holiday.

They want out and they want their money

Truth be told don't blame them

I don't blame them either, if they are just looking to get back the money they've put in over the years. I've no idea if that's the case or not. Would be disappointed if they were trying to make a profit out of the club.

The board have been good in due diligence so far so would hope the home work has been done here also.

So talent come from South America - Spanish or Portuguese pass ports will need to be held due to work permits needed. Brining in cattle from South America to sell on is only going to profit the new owners not the club.

Still not convinced this is the right move for St Mirren.

Still money has still to be paid over for the club so lets see what pans out

Or German, or Belgian, or UK, or Czech, or Italian or in fact, any EU member passport...

Andy Newport ( who's usually pretty accurate ) now looking as confused as us after speaking to a few people at the club today , the plot thickens looks like someone's telling porkies attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1421015742.255371.jpg

As I said before... Andy Who?

Edited by Vambo57

Billy, from the way i read the recent events, the board played graeme macpherson like a harp by feeding him that story.

The english bid served a couple of key purposes for Douglas St

• they had a weak spot that enabled douglas street to keep them warm-without any intention to ever take their bid
  • this left them with a live bid that they could use to keep the valuation of their holding up in negotiations with others
  • they were then able to use them as a smokescreen if a more dubious bid arose (one which matched their valuation, which was their only real concern) as a way of creating a monster that hadto be slain

They are hoping we all just give them an easy ride as they tie up the loose ends and any EGM will be a cakewalk. "we saw off the worst case scenario and left you with only the second worst"

I wonder how amenable SG would now be to an emotive speech from someone seeking to head off this bid? But he leads a group with 75% in the bag and does not have to listen to anyone he doesnt want to, does he?

my view is that we will likely see short, maybe medium term success here and that the new owners will all have a healthy take from player sales. As long as they invest in local talent and improving the SMFC infrastructure i have no problem with that. We may see a whole new generation of saints fans on the back it all with an effect that will last for decades. the new owners could then sell up after a few years with a stellar approval rating a la McCann.

alternatively, they might choose to offset their debt to the club, invest only in what benefits them as individuals and leave us vulnerable to an insolvency event in 2-3 years time

there may be other scenarios as to how this all plays out, but i dont have the imagination to dream them all up.

i would echo any suggestion that we invest in SMISA with the intention of building up a fan-controlled fund for possible future emergency use. Just in case it comes in handy. i would also encourage SMISA to never again give any kind of loan or development payment to the club. The money SMISA have given to date has been spent making Douglas Street's holding more attractive for sale, hindsight is a great thing but maybe they would have been better holding on to some of that . These new guys need to show they can stand on their own feet and there may well be a better and higher purpose SMISA's money.

Think you called it spot on

Just read the statement from the English based group

hopefully goodtimes ahead but

reckon the English group were moved from plan A to plan B , and played like a fiddle , whilst the Argentinians , expressed an interest , looked elsewhere and then came back.