St Mirren V Dundee Premiership 24/1/15 3Pm Kick Off

shull

Where do you sit?

I ask because the Harkins incident was right in front of us at the corner flag and every single person in the same section as me said it was a great tackle. We were all laughing because we could hear all the shouts from around the ground but it was honestly a great tackle, not dangerous or over the ball and he won the ball cleanly. Didn't stop us giving him a load of abuse though.

Totally agree with your points on McLean though, he was fouled from behind on numerous occasions in the first half and I think it took the ref about 55 minutes to give a foul for one of these and when he did he failed to book the player.

I could be wrong, but I thought that tackle happened just inside the Dundee half not near the corner flag?

Maybe talking about a different tackle?

I really don't know if they do even out, we've had more than our fair share of dodgy decisions but I just put it down to the standard of officials instead of them deliberately being against us.

The red was incorrect IMO and we could have been given a pen when the same player was brought down earlier in the 2nd half.

Three Dundee fans on P&B saying that was a stonewaller, and wondering why Saints fans aren't making more of it.

I said we're almost shell shocked by the number of crap, important, decisions going against us :-)

I could be wrong, but I thought that tackle happened just inside the Dundee half not near the corner flag?

That's the one I'm on about ! Early doors , awful , cowardly tackle , could have walked with a stronger ref who didn't have an agenda !

That's the one I'm on about ! Early doors , awful , cowardly tackle , could have walked with a stronger ref who didn't have an agenda !

Cheers, different tackle then. I sit at the corner flag, don't recall the tackle you're talking about.

We'll all agree that Harkins is a bell end though.

Also for Arquins second booking , how many Dundee players actually shout at Arquin and accuse him of being a diver ?

Blattantly cheated again.

We should have our own TV crew filming every incident , so we can highlight the blatant cheating.

Why wasn,t harkins booked for his foul in the first minute ?

And yet a Saints fan on the radio phone in criticising refs actually used the example of booking players in the first minute and effectively "making a rod for their own back".

We can't have it both ways.

Cheers, different tackle then. I sit at the corner flag, don't recall the tackle you're talking about.

We'll all agree that Harkins is a bell end though.

Yeah, very early on.

Arquin nearly scored from the resultant freekick.

As much a red card as Thommo's against Well, in that it was a certain yellow, but a soft red - and one which couldn't have been appealed.

But not even a yellow given.

I know sometimes refs are more lenient in the opening minutes of a match, but it still doesn't make things any easier when Harkins gets off with that, Kenny gets fouled from behind numerous times... and the first two players in the book are Naismith and Arquin - no warnings, no friendly chats - just a card.

And yet a Saints fan on the radio phone in criticising refs actually used the example of booking players in the first minute and effectively "making a rod for their own back".

We can't have it both ways.

Not sure what that Saints fan's point was, but refs should not take the time an offence is committed in to account.

This has been going on for years though.

Anyone old enough to have been part of the 18,000 Saints fans at Fir Park in 1977 would remember Motherwell absolutely kicking the shit out of the young Saints team in the first 10 minuted - and doing so with no action whatsoever being taken against them.

Are we to see yet another dominant defeat because we are simply incapable of finding a decent central defender...the likes of McLean and McGinn must be pig sick of putting in the effort just for us to chuck it away.

The same McGinn who was not very good yesterday and made more mistakes than anyone else.

The same McGinn who was not very good yesterday and made more mistakes than anyone else.

There hasn't been a game this season I have left saying"that was a great game for by Mcginn and that's him back to his best'. He has had a very disappointing season so far. :-( He was a standout in most games last season.

we cant miss so many chances and lose so many goals and expect to win games.

But, ffs, Arquin sent off for these 2 incidents? that is making a mockery of the game. If the Dundee player hadn't done his fancy and acrobatic throwing his legs backwards at the first yellow it wouldn't even have been a foul... and the booking for diving...nope, he just stumbled through the tackles.

Not to say we would have equalised with him on the field anyway though.

And, more than 9 times out of 10 that first 'penalty' incident tackle on him would have been given.

a real real sore one yesterday but I do still think the luck will change, the chances go in, the deflections put the ball over our bar instead of in the net and that we will finish 10th or 11th.

Where do you sit?

I ask because the Harkins incident was right in front of us at the corner flag and every single person in the same section as me said it was a great tackle. We were all laughing because we could hear all the shouts from around the ground but it was honestly a great tackle, not dangerous or over the ball and he won the ball cleanly. Didn't stop us giving him a load of abuse though.

Totally agree with your points on McLean though, he was fouled from behind on numerous occasions in the first half and I think it took the ref about 55 minutes to give a foul for one of these and when he did he failed to book the player.

I think the Harking incident was the over the top tackle on Tess in the first minute or two. It was just infront of me around the half way line. He had his studs up an Tess was raging with him, rightly so. It set the tone for what Dundee could get away with.

There hasn't been a game this season I have left saying"that was a great game for by Mcginn and that's him back to his best'. He has had a very disappointing season so far. :-( He was a standout in most games last season.

you wonder if the failed Sheffield United bid has affected him or if he cant focus because he's worrying about getting a big move when his contract runs out. This pattern is similar to what we've seen with McLean, and even Gowser to a certain extent, in the past, maybe signing a new contract would put John's mind at rest and let him just get on with playing football. If he's good enough a big move will come, just now I don't see anyone wanting him sadly. These dips in form are the reasons these guys are able to run down their contracts and we don't manage to get the big fee's for them.

Watched highlights again , and to be fair I think both Dundee goals were okay , I would have hated us to have had them chalked off for offside .

Harkins should have been booked in the first minute for his foul on the halfway line , and also consider himself lucky not to be sent off.

Arquin should never have been booked for his first foul , and should have won two penalties .

Greg Stewart was booked for a foul on McAusland , it should have been a red card as it reckless challenge.

Also think we badly need some heading practice.

It is an incredible amount of chances, particularly free headers, blown.

Good to see Mallan can put balls in that cause problems, but the rest of the guys need to show a bit more composure. Its a mental block they need to get over some how. I would get a psychologist in to work with them and, at the risk of sounding like Tommy Craig, have them in for afternoon training sessions where they can practice dead ball situations and heading the bloody thing on target!

Don't think the highlights clear up either the "offside" for their first goal or the "dive" that saw Arquin sent off.

Both have an element of doubt to them.

Think the assistant ref, if Irvine was in line with our player, in the second phase, got it right.

However, I don't see how the ref can be 100% certain that Arquin dived.

What it does clear up is that the first foul on Arquin, when he was pulled down in front of goal, was a stonewall penalty every day of the week.

Just a pity that fúcking bellend of a ref wasn't so vigilant on that occasion.dry.png

Watched highlights again , and to be fair I think both Dundee goals were okay , I would have hated us to have had them chalked off for offside .

Harkins should have been booked in the first minute for his foul on the halfway line , and also consider himself lucky not to be sent off.

Arquin should never have been booked for his first foul , and should have won two penalties .

Greg Stewart was booked for a foul on McAusland , it should have been a red card as it reckless challenge.

Also think we badly need some heading practice.

If that's the incident on the 6 yard line, I thought he had booked him for simulation (which I didn't think it was) which leads on nicely to him doing the same with Arquin a few minutes later just so he could be seen as being fair and even.

Don't understand why the first challenge on Arquin a bit earlier wasn't given as a penalty, and as has been suggested in earlier posts, if its not a penalty its much more worthy of simulation??

I would like to think there is no agenda against St Mirren specifically, however, I can't help but feel there is a tendency for referees to think that teams at the bottom of the league just aren't as good and will be more likely to resort to foul play to try and turn things around. We have been hovering in that bottom zone for so long now over the years that its almost a given we are an easy target for this type of attitude.

Maybe it would be good if we had some games refereed by those outwith the SFA ( as happened when the refs went on strike) who might view things differently................as happens to Smeltic when they play in Europe and Broonie-types don't just get a friendly talking to?