St Mirren V Dundee Premiership 24/1/15 3Pm Kick Off

shull

If we have another dubious sending off in the next 2 or 3 games and we are behind at the time I would fully support Gary Teale if he brought the rest of the team off the park and surrendered the match to highlight our grievances with the way things are going in crunch games against other bottom 6 games. 4 red cards, 2 goals not awarded, 3 or 4 penalty shouts turned down, 2 crazy penalty decisions given against us, and only 1 daft penalty given for us in the last 4 games against bottom 6 teams.

Today we committed 9 fouls in 90 minutes and had 3 bookings while Celtic committed 23 fouls and had the same number of bookings. Arquin and Naismith were both booked for their first fouls in the game.

Mcleans sending off while proven not a sending off, I can see why it was given at the time. The rest I'll give you Apart from today's offside that was onside and arquins red that was hard to tell and I'll need to see from a different angle.

So it's an sfa conspiracy or is it just our officials being shown up for being absolutely shite and overpaid? Anyway, that's not the point I'm making, the point I'm making is that we are now creating good chances yet we can't take them or keep a clean sheet. That's why we are where we are. We can't blame anyone but ourselves.

Yep agree, but life at our end of the table can be very hard without "incompetent" officials. However i dont read much about Well or County having such terrible "luck" with decisions.

Easy to prove the corner or goal kick incident.

If it was a goal kick Sportscene will prove it was by doing a slow mo replay with the Goodwin magnifying glass on it.

If it was a corner they won't show it.

This decision took place over 100 yards away from our goal. Play stopped and then there was a goal kick therefore 11 St Mirren players had the opportunity to prevent the goal.They didn't.

This decision took place over 100 yards away from our goal. Play stopped and then there was a goal kick therefore 11 St Mirren players had the opportunity to prevent the goal.They didn't.

Indeed.

Even for the second goal if Goodwin's challenge wasn't a foul, a Dundee player ran right across the length of our defence unchallenged before passing into the box.

Totally avoidable if defended competently.

Edited by FTOF

I dont know about conspiracy or not but its difficult to argue with the fact we seem to have been having an awful lot of dodgy decisions go against us or for our opponents.

Killie game .... two penalties for killie ? Aye right , penalties my arse ! ( Ours was even worse but by then the game was lost)

Killie game . Mclean off.. WRONG.

Well Game . Thommo off ? Debatable !

County Game . Arquin off... WRONG

Today. well see.

I think you are forgetting McLean's goal against Motherwell not being given and also Tesselaar wrongly being flagged offside as he scored.

Basically we would be 4 points better off from those two games and would be 1 month on from our first home win of the season instead of still looking for it, and we'd have kept a clean sheet against Killie. We would be another point better off from today's game and would be in 10th on 20 points and within 6 points of Killie in 8th (as they would only have got 1 point in a 0-0 draw with us).

Yep agree, but life at our end of the table can be very hard without "incompetent" officials. However i dont read much about Well or County having such terrible "luck" with decisions.

I don't pay any attention to any Ross co or well forums and I've never seen any of our issues highlighted anywhere other than here. I do however remember the same week as the Killie game, which was arguably the worst of the f**k ups, the very same ref made an arse of the well game and awarded a penalty and sent a man off. Is it selective memory because we feel hard done by?

I think you are forgetting McLean's goal against Motherwell not being given and also Tesselaar wrongly being flagged offside as he scored.

Basically we would be 4 points better off from those two games and would be 1 month on from our first home win of the season instead of still looking for it, and we'd have kept a clean sheet against Killie. We would be another point better off from today's game and would be in 10th on 20 points and within 6 points of Killie in 8th (as they would only have got 1 point in a 0-0 draw with us).

If yer granny had baws. If we'd kept a clean sheet in a 5th of our games and scored a goth of our chances we'd be..... well you get the picture. What went against us today?

I don't pay any attention to any Ross co or well forums and I've never seen any of our issues highlighted anywhere other than here. I do however remember the same week as the Killie game, which was arguably the worst of the f**k ups, the very same ref made an arse of the well game and awarded a penalty and sent a man off. Is it selective memory because we feel hard done by?

Yeah , that too was a ridiculous decision.

Thats Well 1 Us 4... or is it 5,6,7 ??

To reiterate , i`m not saying there is a conspiracy , simply that we have not had a fair crack of the whip. I know we have been crap this season but since the new found desire & workrate under Teale we have had to endure several dodgy decisions which have cost us very valuable points .

First half I thought we played well and McLean and Mallan totally bossed the game. Great goal by kenny but we should have been three up. Not convinced at all by our new striker - should have buried at least one of his chances.

Second half we were shite. Not sure if tiredness played a part but we looked a different team. McGinn was as poor as I have seen him - don't think he found a teammate with a pass the whole game.

Still hopeful we can get a couple of new players in and push on. We need to keep McLean for the rest of the season. He is outstanding and will play at a much higher level but I fear the worst if we lose him in this window.

Oh and Gary - gonna work on headers in training this week??

Shiver.....wish I hadn't watched that again. It was bad enough being there.

Bottom line is, we are sh*te and do not deserve to stay up.

The overriding feeling tonight is disappointment. We didn't play too badly and let's be honest Dundee were average yet we concede two cheap goals and miss a few decent chances.

I think Arquin was a bit unlucky to pick up 2 bookings for those incidents. Both looked harsh calls. Harkins committed umpteen fouls and wasn't booked. Referees are having a mare in our games this season and we are suffering because of it. :-(

It's just the kind of season we are having that they score with a wicked deflection. The alleged foul given against Goodwin seconds before was never a free kick. We really aren't getting a rub of the green at the moment.