Arquin Red

Refs have a hard job, plenty of different opinions on here about his first booking. I sit in the main stand also and thought it was an easy yellow card decision from the ref. Similar challenge to the one he made last week.

The second one however was a massive call to make. Again, differing opinions on here and he only gets one shot at it but he has to be 100% sure it was a dive to make that call. Judging by the reaction from media who have reviewed the "dive" it would seem he got it wrong.

He could have quite easily not gave the penalty and let play go on , but he couldn,t wait to get us , he just needed the slightest excuse

I was convinced at the time that he just slipped or lost his footing, he certainly didn't seem to claim for anything.

That's was my exact reaction too. I sit behind the goals and had a decent view of the incident. My recollection of it, he went to shoot, took a fresh air shot and fell. I may be wrong as I've not seen any replays yet but I don't think he dived looking for a penalty.

That's was my exact reaction too. I sit behind the goals and had a decent view of the incident. My recollection of it, he went to shoot, took a fresh air shot and fell. I may be wrong as I've not seen any replays yet but I don't think he dived looking for a penalty.

Ditto.

It was more of a stumble than a dive, and looked as though he simply lost his footing.

While I appreciate there is a debate to had about whether either or both of the yellows were warranted, it seems we are falling foul of so many marginal calls that we are going to pay a massive price in the final analysis. For me, this is the hardest thing to take. I can live with the missed chances and the dodgy defending, and at least I could accpet our fate if it was simply down to deficiencies on the part of the team. The officials are now having such a huge role in our fate, and that is thoroughly pissing me off. Forces out with our control and all that.... I can only begin to imagine how Gary Teale feels about it.

It really can feel bloody heartbreaking supporting this club sometimessad.png

Edited by Drew

While I appreciate there is a debate to had about whether either or both of the yellows were warranted, it seems we are falling foul of so many marginal calls that we are going to pay a massive price in the final analysis. For me, this is the hardest thing to take. I can live with the missed chances and the dodgy defending, and at least I could accpet our fate if it was simply down to deficiencies on the part of the team. The officials are now having such a huge role in our fate, and that is thoroughly pissing me off. Forces out with our control and all that.... I can only begin to imagine how Gary Teale feels about it.

Drew... consign that talk to Darkhead and Ibrokes please.

Today... worst case scenario...

Offside goal and missed penalty

Vs...

FOUR clear headers, not one of which were on target.

Add in other missed chances and we were still masters of our own destiny.

Drink some more wine.

It dulls the pain somewhat.cool.png

Did someone shatter an entire wall of mirrors in the dressing room at Hogmany ?

I don't know what we have done but we just seem to be getting every bloody lousy call going especially in these crucial games
to make ground or fall further behind bottom 6 rivals

Motherwell
Really poor offside decision probably cost us a goal
a good goal scored and not counted

Killie - shocker of a game

Penalty award for us missed
2 dubious penalties against given

Offside lead up to 2nd missed

Reduced to 10 men - proved to be wrong - Card Overturned

Ross County
another Red - another mistake - proved to be wrong - Card Overturned

Dundee
Clear offside in equaliser
Yet another Red Card.....referee says it was for simulation, trying to cheat him in terms of giving a penalty
...well let's see ...but to call a Red Card there he has to be absolutely 100% sure ...let's see.

We are struggling for quality
We are making silly mistakes
But these crap decisions from the officials are just killing us stone dead...we concede too easily and score too few

with 11 men on the park to have leeway for honking refereeing
ABSOLUTELY SICK OF IT

Refs have a hard job, plenty of different opinions on here about his first booking. I sit in the main stand also and thought it was an easy yellow card decision from the ref. Similar challenge to the one he made last week.

The second one however was a massive call to make. Again, differing opinions on here and he only gets one shot at it but he has to be 100% sure it was a dive to make that call. Judging by the reaction from media who have reviewed the "dive" it would seem he got it wrong.

The "media" cant have reviewed the match any sooner than the rest of us! (No outside broadcast facilities today!

It really pisses me when you get texts - "The guy on the radio said..." - They are only watching the same events as us at the game!

Vs...

Oh I know I know ...but why should be have to score 3 and 4 just to cover for bad decisions?

Teams have won titles on the back of single goal wins.

Drew... consign that talk to Darkhead and Ibrokes please.

Vs...

Did you you read my post on match day thread, Brian?

I am all too aware of how we have contributed to our own downfall, and I can just about live with that. Woeful officiating is another matter altogether.

Yes, the decisions against us recently have been suspect at best and scandalous at worst, but we are playing terrible which makes these decisions even more destructive to us.

If we were a decent team, who were playing well and winning games, these decisions would go almost unnoticed. Unfortunately though, we are pish and it only takes one bad decision to completely sink us.

We are putting ourselves in positions where refereeing calls are deciding our fate.

Yes, the decisions against us recently have been suspect at best and scandalous at worst, but we are playing terrible which makes these decisions even more destructive to us.

If we were a decent team, who were playing well and winning games, these decisions would go almost unnoticed. Unfortunately though, we are pish and it only takes one bad decision to completely sink us.

We are putting ourselves in positions where refereeing calls are deciding our fate.

Agreed.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating, though.

Drew the situation is the ref Steven McLean is also a full time employee at the SFA I believe is title is Development Referees Officer.During the early stages of the match I said to my son he has an agenda here.I think I was right.Take from that what you will.

Nothing would surprise me, mate.

The "media" cant have reviewed the match any sooner than the rest of us! (No outside broadcast facilities today!

It really pisses me when you get texts - "The guy on the radio said..." - They are only watching the same events as us at the game!

Goals and red card shown several times on sky sports news.

Took a mate who is a Rangers supporter to the game he couldn't believe the decisions that went against us today. He wasn't watching through black and white glasses.

Got to feel for them. Team pan breid'. New team about to get pumped in the first ever meeting between Celtic and Rangers (2012), Hearts shitting on them - and then you inflict the unimaginable horror upon them that masquerades under the name 'St Mirren home league match'?

Haven't they sufferered enough? Some mate you are!

Edited by pozbaird