Top Scorer Left At The Club After The January Window

As we approach March... The new forward signings must be really poor or unfit when they can't make the starting XI or bench ahead of guys like Arquin, Wylde, Reilly and Thommo (who hasn't even looked like scoring this season).

I could swear that I saw him score against Accies only a week or so ago....? :rolleyes:

f**k! I did.

Edited by bluto

I could swear that I saw him score against Accies only a week or so ago....? rolleyes.gif

f**k! I did.

OK so Thommo has broken his duck for the season in March, I still don't think he'll score more than a handful of goals before the season finishes. He might not even finish as highest scorer left at the club... and most of our January/February attacking options appear to be less favoured by GT than Thommo.

OK so Thommo has broken his duck for the season in March, I still don't think he'll score more than a handful of goals before the season finishes. He might not even finish as highest scorer left at the club... and most of our January/February attacking options appear to be less favoured by GT than Thommo.

That'll be the options he brought in having done all the necessary due dilligence.

That'll be the options he brought in having done all the necessary due dilligence.

In fairness to GT, Arquin looked like a reasonable signing creating space for Kenny McLean to exploit. Since McLean was sold on the last day of the window Arquin has looked pretty pedestrian. GT was then forced into trying to find a replacement for McLean with less than 12 hours until the window closed.

• 3 weeks later...

As May and the end of the season draws closer, the situation would appear to be unchanged since the start of February. Top scorer left at the club still on 2 goals.

Plus, we've seen two players from our relegation rivals match or beat that within a matter of minutes.

I can't see us scoring another goal. If Killie score, they'll win.

Plus, we've seen two players from our relegation rivals match or beat that within a matter of minutes.

I can't see us scoring another goal. If Killie score, they'll win.

Two goals in eight games since McLean left. We've probably another one left in us this season, two if we're lucky.

With Calum Ball's release today by mutual consent we have offloaded our joint top scorer left at the club.

Here's how our remaining strikers and forwards are doing.

Thompson / 'God' - 1 goal

Arquin - 0 goals

Gow - 0 goals

Sadlier - 0 goals

Sonupe - 0 goals

Dayton - 1 goal

Reilly - 0 goals

Wylde - 1 goal (meaningless penalty in stoppage time!)

Have we set some kind of British transfer record for signing strikers and forwards who then don't score?

That's some grim reading, Mallan has 2 though surely? Or did one go down as an own goal.

Yes Mallan has 2... it wasn't a complete list and I wasn't counting Mallan as a striker or forward.

St Mirren Top Scorers
1 Yoann Arquin 2 (scored for Ross County before scoring nonny (copyright BBC Alba) for us
1 Callum Ball 2
1 Sean Kelly 2
1 Stephen Mallan 2
2 James Dayton 1
2 James Goodwin 1
2 Jason Naismith 1
2 Jeroen Tesselaar 1
2 Steven Thompson 1
2 Gregg Wylde 1
Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Yes Mallan has 2... it wasn't a complete list and I wasn't counting Mallan as a striker or forward.

St Mirren Top Scorers
1 Yoann Arquin 2 (scored for Ross County before scoring nonny (copyright BBC Alba) for us
1 Callum Ball 2
1 Sean Kelly 2
1 Stephen Mallan 2
2 James Dayton 1
2 James Goodwin 1
2 Jason Naismith 1
2 Jeroen Tesselaar 1
2 Steven Thompson 1
2 Gregg Wylde 1

Player of the year awards is going to be a hoot ! Do we have an award for top scorer ?