Watch Nycfc V Saints Live

div

They treated it more like a friendly than us. Completely new team at h/t.

We were miles ahead of them in terms of match fitness, but they were still miles ahead of us in ability.

Different level I'm afraid. Imagine if they had Lampard playing too.

The MLS is a good standard, just as the J League in Japan is for example. I genuinely didn't see us take a pounding at all. It was a good exercise for both 'ball clubs' IMHO. It doesn't matter that they are a new club, a new MLS franchise has money and can put together a good squad. No harm done, and another wee bit of history made for our club. I saw us give them a pennant at the start - hope we got one in return!

FFS. It was a friendly with Kello starting, no Tess', an untried CB pairing, McLean just been sold, Naismith taking a pounding and going off, Mallan taking one on the ankle and going off, half a game from a still not 100% Thommo, no Ozzy, Arquin has just arrived and been sent off twice (harshly), denying him valuable game time, multiple substitutions, new guys appearing all over the place, a player granted training courtesy (Gow) being handed a run out, and many of them were kids - Sadlier and Snoopy.

Excuse me while I refrain from demanding heads must roll!

I accept all of the points you make. However, we were against a team that has NEVER played together before, and who put on 9 subs at half time. That surely puts your points in perspective?

How does a keeper stand still virtually on his line and allow a guy to run 40 yards after a hoof forward and end up not covering the 6 yards it would take to get to where the ball ends up being hit from....very poor judgement that.

attachicon.gifnyc2.jpg

Agree, on the live footage i kept expecting to see him come into view and grab the ball, he had plenty of time to do so but chose not to, Why ?

Immature and embarrassing.

Though it would perhaps be an item of more 'historic' value than the zillions of other shirts on eBay. Some diddy might spend a lot for that.

Quite a boring game . They are passing the ball really well and contesting every one. Likely going to be only 45 minutes in which they had to run about daft would explain that.

Commentators talking about match fitness but we don't know if that's a reality over 90 minutes.

St Mirren looking as if it's really just an exercise... Though I would like to see them stuffing this made-up mob.

he should donate Villas top to the club.

I accept all of the points you make. However, we were against a team that has NEVER played together before, and who put on 9 subs at half time. That surely puts your points in perspective?

I agree that both franchises ended up with rosters on the turf that aren't their preferred starting XIs.... which is exactly the point I'm making, it was an exercise for both clubs, so while disappointing to lose any game, I don't agree with the 'we were utter pish' brigade. A wee bit of perspective needed maybe.

I also don't buy into the argument that they would have destroyed us if Lampard had been playing. We didn't have Callum Ball playing. phone.gif

Missed opportunity IMO.

Treated this like a bounce game, when in reality we should have treated it as a warm up for Saturday.

We should have tried out a couple of different possible formations to see how best to combat the loss of McLean and incorporate the new boys.

Bringing the two new signings and the two triallists on with 20 minutes to go, and to play along side another 7 unlikely to start on Saturday just seemed bizarre.

The sad fact is that the newly formed NYCFC would've strolled it against 99% of clubs in Scotland. They looked physically, technically and tactically superior, with Villa obviously a stand out, but a few other guys who have played in the top leagues in Spain, Germany, Belgium etc.