Partick Thistle V Super Saints Spfl Premiership 2/5/15

shull

I cannot honestly disagree with you but we need a mixture of experience and youth going forward and despite all his faults he can still do a job fir us next season.

I agree about needing experience and the new manager will have the chance to find this. Goodwin is not the answer he doesn't have the legs to play in midfield now and is too slow for central defence. I think we look a lot more promising when we play with the younger players who have more energy and the stamina to keep going. We need to find someone to add a bit of composure to the midfield to compliment the energy of the younger players.

What a non event of a game. Thistle hardly out if second gear, Stevenson nowhere near match fit, Higgy so far off the boil I'd not be fussed if we didn't offer him a new contract.

The game was won by Bannigan and Osman who ruled the midfield.

Why are St Mirren's left and right back so shit scared of the ball, that the first thing they do is hoof it out of play.?

Incidentally, Thommo is done, and is quite frankly stealing a wage. I'm sorry, I know the guys a legend, I know he was injured earlier in the season, but that was one of the laziest performances I've ever seen. Folk around he were laughing at how little effort he was putting in.

Oh and Alan "training with" Gow!

Before the game I urged you guys to get behind the team, go to the match and be a twelfth man.... I can't fault anyone who didn't. There's guys there, disgracing your club, I'd be fckin livid!

I agree about needing experience and the new manager will have the chance to find this. Goodwin is not the answer he doesn't have the legs to play in midfield now and is too slow for central defence. I think we look a lot more promising when we play with the younger players who have more energy and the stamina to keep going. We need to find someone to add a bit of composure to the midfield to compliment the energy of the younger players.

Again I cannot disagree.

Meanwhile we have got to stop lumping it forward to the front man in the vain hope that we will win the aerial battle and win knock downs when in reality the ball just comes straight back time and time again putting the defence under waves of pressure and unable to take a breather. We have got to learn to use the players we have and patiently build our attacks both through the middle and using the wide players. To do that though we need a ball playing midfielder that can control and dictate play and find our wide players who are being starved out of the game and stop the panic that sets in when we do manage to win the ball back and then fail to string more than two pass together more than twice in a game.

Edited by Ditto

What a non event of a game. Thistle hardly out if second gear, Stevenson nowhere near match fit, Higgy so far off the boil I'd not be fussed if we didn't offer him a new contract.

The game was won by Bannigan and Osman who ruled the midfield.

Why are St Mirren's left and right back so shit scared of the ball, that the first thing they do is hoof it out of play.?

Incidentally, Thommo is done, and is quite frankly stealing a wage. I'm sorry, I know the guys a legend, I know he was injured earlier in the season, but that was one of the laziest performances I've ever seen. Folk around he were laughing at how little effort he was putting in.

Oh and Alan "training with" Gow!

Before the game I urged you guys to get behind the team, go to the match and be a twelfth man.... I can't fault anyone who didn't. There's guys there, disgracing your club, I'd be fckin livid!

Dave I was told last week by a very liable source that Thommo is still having problems with the same injury which makes sense when you see him play. A case of the heart says yes but the body says no. In a way I'm glad we are going down it won't be a bad league and we need to find our hunger again. Season in season out fighting relegation as we have done becomes demoralising . We won a cup that has been our only highlight .

No clue what you are talking about, what I and others around me saw was a young player working hard to do what was being asked of him but getting more and more frustrated as the game went on and no surprise that he was substituted - yes another disappointing day but get off the lads back.

If he stays next season, and we should hope he does, I can see him playing a very big part in our season, along with other players who for me get harshly criticised on this site, next year we should be looking to build a side around Naismith, Baird, Mallan, Kelly, Ridgers, Brown & Reilly along with Dayton & Sadlier and then add in Goodwin with his experience and Tesseller if we can keep him and then add in some new blood.

I was talking about Wylde, you obviously missed that.

Still people blame Cheesy. We had a shut out last time at Firhill with Cheesy and Goodwin both outstanding. We won 2-1 also earlier in the season yet after a 3-0 doing our defence has improved.

You couldn't make it up.

We had more attacking play last time, with the ball occasionally sticking. I didn't really think our defence were to blame today. We constantly gave the ball back, couldn't create and eventually Partick were going to use the ball. Admittedly I need to see the 2nd and 3rd again, I missed the 3rd completely as checking the scores seemed more important than watching Gow/Arquin.

I actually think a "zero hours" contract may be the answer!

To be fair, our current and previous manager seem to have achieved "zero hours" of competency in relation to the management of a football team.sad.png

The likes of Arquin and Gow seemed to have managed to adhere to a "below zero hours" contract.dry.png

Edited by FTOF

Well that was just woeful.

The penalty incident may well have been a tuning point as a goal up v 10 men would have been very different but it's difficult to get upset about that one thing when there is just so much wrong.

One thing I do disagree with a lot of people on is the lack of fight. I didn't see a lack of fight yesterday. I see a bunch of players that, despite a win over Killie, were lacking in confidence which sits squarely on the manager's shoulders IMO.

Without naming names, some clearly aren't good enough for this level no matter how much some people want them to be and to watch the level of talent that Thistle, a team of similar size and financial wherewithal as ourselves, had on show compared to our team was dispiriting.

What is absolutely galling is how the team is set up to play. Long punts up to an unfit striker with little or no support around him just won't get it done. Our set piece play from free kicks, corners and especially throw ins was unbelievable. f**king BB teams are set up better. What the f**k do these guys do in training all week when they are not trying to injure each other?

As I walked out after the 2nd goal I contemplated wishing Motherwell to score to end our misery and then thought, "no, f**k it, let these bastards get relegated in Dingwall next week and have to contemplate unemployment on the four hour bus journey back home".

I hope none of the diehard buds waste anymore of their hard earned cash following this shite next week. There must be something better to do on a Saturday.

ETA I thought young Baird looked very good yesterday. With a long summer in the gym and a decent, experienced CH beside him, he could be a real find.

Edited by DLBud

The only way we'll compete is if the BOD actually do their job properly and get a manager in as soon as Motherwell win on Friday night and seal our fate. Get a manager in who will immediately identify who he wants and more importantly, who to show the door to which will free up wages. We need to find players who are hungry and have the legs to chase everything, we do not need players like Goodwin, Gow, Arquin, Wylde and probably Thompson unless he gets fit. All the loan players will go too, that's a lot of spaces to fill and if the right manager finds the right players to compliment our good young players, we could have a good team next season.

The only way we'll compete is if the BOD actually do their job properly and get a manager in as soon as Motherwell win on Friday night and seal our fate. Get a manager in who will immediately identify who he wants and more importantly, who to show the door to which will free up wages. We need to find players who are hungry and have the legs to chase everything, we do not need players like Goodwin, Gow, Arquin, Wylde and probably Thompson unless he gets fit. All the loan players will go too, that's a lot of spaces to fill and if the right manager finds the right players to compliment our good young players, we could have a good team next season.

I agree that, with near on 15 players needing to be recruited, we need to get a manager in ASAP as that will be a very difficult task given that a lot of our potential targets may already have been tapped up by other clubs.

My only problem is that I fear the BOD will sit on their hands until they are clear which teams will be in the Championship, which means after the playoffs. From the BOD's perspective they will be praying that QOS run the table from here on out and we have Sevco, Hibs and Motherwell to add to Falkirk and Morton visiting next year. To be honest if the league looks like that there will be some decent crowds at home next season and our average gates will likely be greater than this year. With the £500k parachute payment that is the financial silver lining to this particular cloud for them.

The penalty incident may well have been a tuning point as a goal up v 10 men would have been very different but it's difficult to get upset about that one thing when there is just so much wrong.

Our set piece play from free kicks, corners and especially throw ins was unbelievable. f**king BB teams are set up better. What the f**k do these guys do in training all week when they are not trying to injure each other?

It wasn't a penalty.

You didn't have any corners.

It wasn't a penalty.

You didn't have any corners.

Are you saying it wasn't a foul ?... I'll admit it's a bit iffy if it was in the box, but it was a foul

and the defender should have seen red, Naismith would have been clean through on goal...

What I can't get away from was that we were total pish and Thistle fully deserved the win, never

mind any corners I think it took us to the 75 minute before I remember us having a shot at goal and

even that was powderpuff.. I left after the 2nd goal couldn't watch any more, we were f**kin dreadful..

Are you saying it wasn't a foul ?... I'll admit it's a bit iffy if it was in the box, but it was a foul

and the defender should have seen red, Naismith would have been clean through on goal...

What I can't get away from was that we were total pish and Thistle fully deserved the win, never

mind any corners I think it took us to the 75 minute before I remember us having a shot at goal and

even that was powderpuff.. I left after the 2nd goal couldn't watch any more, we were f**kin dreadful..

If Banzo commits any foul, can you tell me why the video quite clearly shows Naismith barging him so much so he takes Banzo off his feet!

Any collision that brings about Naismith falling is because he himself has barged Bannigan. Look at Naismiths body shape as the pair of them meet!

St Mirren were shit. It's horrible to see such a large travelling support treated like that.

Was it Wylde who was in the left wing? Looks as if he's carrying too much weight, balding, blonde hair? He is a wage thief!

Gow should not be playing in the premiership. Why you signed him demonstrates exactly what is wrong at St Mirren. The guy was famous across Scottish football for being shit, touting himself around every training ground.

If Banzo commits any foul, can you tell me why the video quite clearly shows Naismith barging him so much so he takes Banzo off his feet!

Any collision that brings about Naismith falling is because he himself has barged Bannigan. Look at Naismiths body shape as the pair of them meet!

St Mirren were shit. It's horrible to see such a large travelling support treated like that.

Was it Wylde who was in the left wing? Looks as if he's carrying too much weight, balding, blonde hair? He is a wage thief!

Gow should not be playing in the premiership. Why you signed him demonstrates exactly what is wrong at St Mirren. The guy was famous across Scottish football for being shit, touting himself around every training ground.

We're obviously watching through our own teams coloured glasses, Naismith clearly out

muscles Bannigan in a 50/50 shoulder challenge and as he falls he takes down Naisnith,

It's all irrelevant anyway, Thistle were by far the better team and fully deserved the win..

As for Wylde, I don't like singling players out but he has got to be one of the worst players

I've ever seen wear a St Mirren strip,

And Gow, well he's not even worth a comment..

Edited by scrappy coco