Morton Promoted

We will see

But they totally revamped their youth development and making good strides in it

But we are going backwards and need to make changes to address this

Our youth development is outstanding now and the club are now very active in the community! Won the league at 17 level!! be afraid, very afraid!!

Well.. being in the same league took a few years longer than I expected!

It's going to be a very good Championship next season... no doubt next season will be more enjoyable for St Mirren fans than this one has been!

A few years longer lol.gif

Unfortunately we are not going down with a good squad of players that can bring us back up straight away. It is anyone's guess whether next season will be more enjoyable than this one.

We could rebuild as Hearts have done and take the league, or we could leave Gary Teale in charge and get relegated again. Time for the BOD to finally wake up to this fact.

I'm sure the Morton fans are looking forward to playing us, hope the rivalry takes off as before, would be good to get a first full house at the new ground.

Teale will not get the job now, he's no better than Craig. He can either put his boots on for one more season or leave, he still has a year on his contract to go. Same scenario with Goodwin, i wouldn't play him next season so with a bit of luck he'll move on. Whoever comes in has to act quick and decide who he wants because we've seen what happens when you leave it to the last minute. The writing is on the wall for Teale anyway, Gilmour has already stated that he thought about replacing him a few weeks back.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

Morton , promoted , long long overdue. They have fumbled about in the low leagues for way too long, fans have suffered even more than us tbh.

Good for the club if they get excited about a promotion and playing in the championship, they will maybe even have aspirationsand a plan. On the other hand for St Mirren , finally dropping or plopping more like , into the same league , it's hard to see where our ambition, plan and any momentum will come from until we are sold and some purpose is instilled into the club.

This has been a long slow demise finally about to be realised.

Outlook grim...........

Well.. being in the same league took a few years longer than I expected!

It's going to be a very good Championship next season... no doubt next season will be more enjoyable for St Mirren fans than this one has been!

Why would you think this could be more enjoyable than this season? The way things are shaping up we will struggle to survive in the league. We have a poor squad no manager and no plans.

The likes of Motherwell, Hibs, Rangers, QOS, Falkirk and Morton are way ahead of us in terms of readiness for next season. We will struggle unless we sort ourselves out. I personally don't see why it will be enjoyable given the current mess we are in.

It is unlikely to be any more enjoyable next season, but undeniably the make-up of the Championship is far, far more interesting than in years gone by. St Mirren, Morton, Falkirk, Raith, Hibs / Sevco / Queens / Ross C / Motherwell...

By any standard it looks a set of interesting fixtures with decent attendances at many games. The issue is that we are not dropping down into that little lot as a decent top flight team who were unlucky to be relegated, and have a strong core of players, a good management team, and a BoD ready for bouncing back.

We are the opposite of all of that. A bloody pish-poor top flight team who should have been relegated weeks ago, we hardly know who the core of players will be, our manager should be out the fcuking door Monday morning, and the BoD are only ready for one thing - following Teale out the door.

How does that scenario make next season likely to be any more enjoyable? How in the name of the wee man are we suddenly going to turn overnight into a progressive club mixing it in places 1-4 with the clubs who will be there with us?

It is unlikely to be any more enjoyable next season, but undeniably the make-up of the Championship is far, far more interesting than in years gone by. St Mirren, Morton, Falkirk, Raith, Hibs / Sevco / Queens / Ross C / Motherwell...

By any standard it looks a set of interesting fixtures with decent attendances at many games. The issue is that we are not dropping down into that little lot as a decent top flight team who were unlucky to be relegated, and have a strong core of players, a good management team, and a BoD ready for bouncing back.

We are the opposite of all of that. A bloody pish-poor top flight team who should have been relegated weeks ago, we hardly know who the core of players will be, our manager should be out the fcuking door Monday morning, and the BoD are only ready for one thing - following Teale out the door.

How does that scenario make next season likely to be any more enjoyable? How in the name of the wee man are we suddenly going to turn overnight into a progressive club mixing it in places 1-4 with the clubs who will be there with us?

This has been a soul destroying season. A BoD that gave up and a team that never tried. I will renew my season tickets but out of blind loyalty. However, if the same lack of effort, passion and talent is on show next season it will be my last. Doubt if anyone at St Mirren gives a toss.

Morton have ambition, fully expect them to overtake us next season.

Swap the word ambition for millions of £££'s worth of debt.

They have been run shoddily, although they could very well finish above us next season as I have no idea how it's going to pan out for us.

We need to get our own house in order before worrying about other teams .

Why would you think this could be more enjoyable than this season? The way things are shaping up we will struggle to survive in the league. We have a poor squad no manager and no plans.

The likes of Motherwell, Hibs, Rangers, QOS, Falkirk and Morton are way ahead of us in terms of readiness for next season. We will struggle unless we sort ourselves out. I personally don't see why it will be enjoyable given the current mess we are in.

Why don't you wait until you see what our squad is. Many of the current squad won't be here so impossible to know how good bad or indifferent we will be. A number of talented players at QOS, Falkirk and others will have them snapped up by SPL or English clubs..

The right manager with an eye for untapped talent is required. Wait and see. If GT gets the gig then we are truly f*cked. The Board need to show some clear plan on how we progress as a club.