St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

McParland,Stark, Burchill, Adams have been ruled out by Douglas McNeil.

Who could the other options be?

Ian Murray

Billy Reid

Gary Teale

Ray McKinnon

Aitken at Stranraer?

Calderwood and Butcher as left-field outsiders?

If Billy Reid were to be appointed I'd just pay someone my season ticket money to have my eyes jabbed out. I'll be more entertaining than the football. And i enjoyed us under Gus.

I hate to say it but Billy Reid ticks more boxes than the others mention.

He has experience of winning the Division and bringing through youth players. Might not be pretty but it would be effective.

I hate to say it but Billy Reid ticks more boxes than the others mention.

He has experience of winning the Division and bringing through youth players. Might not be pretty but it would be effective.

I agree, if he got the job I would renew my ticket.

You clearly have a huge issue with Ian Murray. Similar to the Cap's grudge against Longwell. I just can't shake off the notion of a gay orgy gone wrong.

Remember lads, bearing a grudge is letting someone live rent-free in your head.

Murray has a woeful record, worse than our season! But his pals on here are pitching him as having done magnificent in difficult circumstances? Re: the Gay Orgy thing, if you have that notion fair play to you! And I hope you don't have any hassle getting a cake iced for the gig.

I agree, if he got the job I would renew my ticket.

The only way I wouldn't go back is if Nacho Novo was the new manager.

It's still our club no matter who the manager is ( apart from the aforementioned rodent ).

What about John Hartson? His name always pops up for these kind of vacancies. Hardly been mentioned this time.

Edited by Sergie's no1 fan

Have supported St Mirren all my life 56 now and will continue no matter who the manager is.

I will continue to support but will not renew my ticket if Teale gets the gig. I was ripped off last season, I'm being more fussy this time. Not all supporters are season ticket holders.

If Reid gets the gig then I'll take a punt on renewing. However there is no way I'm paying up front for more of the same as this season.

The only way I wouldn't go back is if Nacho Novo was the new manager.

It's still our club no matter who the manager is ( apart from the aforementioned rodent ).

What about John Hartson? His name always pops up for these kind of vacancies. Hardly been mentioned this time.

Never said I wouldn't go back, I said I wouldn't renew my season ticket.

I've just had it confirmed from another source this time one of my media friends

Derek Adams is the new manager

You may be right by luck but how can you have unofficial confirmation when it will be a statement from the Board detailing who the successful applicant is. You have fed this forum a lot on players coming in (wrong on so many occasions) and now you know the new manager? If, indeed, you do have a reliable source then I would be concerned that someone high up at SMP is leaking information. If you are wrong I expect you will come on and tell us so.

You may be right by luck but how can you have unofficial confirmation when it will be a statement from the Board detailing who the successful applicant is. You have fed this forum a lot on players coming in (wrong on so many occasions) and now you know the new manager? If, indeed, you do have a reliable source then I would be concerned that someone high up at SMP is leaking information. If you are wrong I expect you will come on and tell us so.

Err Ned-Illy you do realise Lovestreet isn't serious in all his posts?

Murray has a woeful record, worse than our season! But his pals on here are pitching him as having done magnificent in difficult circumstances? Re: the Gay Orgy thing, if you have that notion fair play to you! And I hope you don't have any hassle getting a cake iced for the gig.

Ffs give it a rest Lordy. We know you dislike the guy, for whatever reason and think it's personal at times. No matter who gets the gig we need to get behind him and fully support the club. If you don't like the manager and stay away then that is your choice. Wonder how long you would stay away if Murray was managing a successful Saints team?

Edited by nedflanders123

Ffs give it a rest Lordy. We know you dislike the guy, for whatever reason and think it's personal at times. No matter who gets the gig we need to get behind him and fully support the club. If you don't like the manager and stay away then that is your choice. Wonder how long you would stay away if Murray was managing a successful Saints team?

I would reserve my right to come back if that were the case, however their is nothing in his achievements to date that would indicate he has been successful.

On a different note, the longer it goes on, the greater my feeling of despair is they will as I said from the outset just give it to Teale?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Was down to renew my ST earlier. Ticket office was closed due to an "Emergency Board Meeting". Might be that we hear something today?

They close the ticket office for a board meeting, are the people thar sell the tickets on the board?